DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Has your score got legs?
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 44, (reverse)
AuthorThread
08/26/2020 12:51:05 AM · #1
Off to a good start as usual but that only means it will end up at around mid fiveís when voting ends. Legs (ARCHIVAL)
Votes: 4
Views: 5
Avg Vote: 7.5000
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 08/26/20 12:38 am
08/26/2020 01:49:40 AM · #2
6.33. I think the generous voters are in early.
08/26/2020 06:18:36 AM · #3
Yup. I was excited that mine was going over well, but it looks like we have happy voters. :)

Votes: 6
Views: 16
Avg Vote: 7.1667
08/26/2020 06:48:54 AM · #4
Not happy with my legs:

Votes: 7
Views: 15
Avg Vote: 6.0000
Comments: 0
08/26/2020 07:45:37 AM · #5
Iíll take my perfectly average 5.5 after my book cover disaster.
08/26/2020 09:41:52 AM · #6
Yep as I expected....the low voters have arrived so now the score will slowly drop to around 4.8-5.5 as always
1 nice comment though.
Legs (ARCHIVAL)
Votes: 9
Views: 20
Avg Vote: 6.8000
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 08/26/20 09:38 am

Originally posted by ThingFish:

Off to a good start as usual but that only means it will end up at around mid fiveís when voting ends. Legs (ARCHIVAL)
Votes: 4
Views: 5
Avg Vote: 7.5000
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 08/26/20 12:38 am


Message edited by author 2020-08-26 09:42:36.
08/26/2020 10:50:06 AM · #7
Originally posted by ThingFish:


Votes: 9
Avg Vote: 6.8000

Against my better judgement, but one of those numbers are incorrect or made up.
9 * 6.8 = 61.2
It has to approximate a whole number, which the product doesn't.
08/26/2020 11:35:37 AM · #8
Votes: 13
Views: 26
Avg Vote: 6.6154
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 08/26/20 11:10 am
08/26/2020 11:44:59 AM · #9
I rounded it off ... it was 6. Something in the 7ís canít remember the exact figure.... why the intricate exercise to go and calculate whether what I reported tallies???
Originally posted by Venser:

Originally posted by ThingFish:


Votes: 9
Avg Vote: 6.8000

Against my better judgement, but one of those numbers are incorrect or made up.
9 * 6.8 = 61.2
It has to approximate a whole number, which the product doesn't.
08/26/2020 01:30:03 PM · #10
Originally posted by ThingFish:

I rounded it off ... it was 6. Something in the 7ís canít remember the exact figure.... why the intricate exercise to go and calculate whether what I reported tallies???

Every score thread the same complaints appear repeatedly. It's tiresome.
And intricate? Point eight times nine is obviously not a round number.
08/26/2020 02:17:45 PM · #11
Gee golly! I love so many of those leg photos!

Wow, peeps! Y'all really packed them in!

08/26/2020 02:24:44 PM · #12
.

Message edited by author 2020-08-26 14:35:41.
08/26/2020 02:42:51 PM · #13
Originally posted by Venser:

Originally posted by ThingFish:

I rounded it off ... it was 6. Something in the 7ís canít remember the exact figure.... why the intricate exercise to go and calculate whether what I reported tallies???

Every score thread the same complaints appear repeatedly. It's tiresome.
And intricate? Point eight times nine is obviously not a round number.


So sorry...just starting to think my photo's suck.....if my score thread is tiresome why bother to read it?

Message edited by author 2020-08-27 03:36:04.
08/26/2020 02:50:00 PM · #14
Originally posted by ThingFish:

... my photo's suck...

Hardly ... you seem to consistently score in the 6+ range -- many of us (me anyway) are happy to get a six anytime.

I enter what I want and don't worry about the score (much), but when I do I've found (about 18 years ago) that if I add about 1.3 points as a "DPC Voter Correction Factor" the scores feel much more reasonable.
08/26/2020 02:56:32 PM · #15
Sure Gen E I understand you and like your attitude and photo entries and appreciate them but I am ill and depression is my constant companion and so when someone like Venser suddenly decides to get on my case it does bad things to my psyche.....
Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by ThingFish:

... my photo's suck...

Hardly ... you seem to consistently score in the 6+ range -- many of us (me anyway) are happy to get a six anytime.

I enter what I want and don't worry about the score (much), but when I do I've found (about 18 years ago) that if I add about 1.3 points as a "DPC Voter Correction Factor" the scores feel much more reasonable.
08/26/2020 03:10:01 PM · #16
Originally posted by ThingFish:

Sure Gen E I understand you and like your attitude and photo entries and appreciate them but I am ill and depression is my constant companion and so when someone like Venser suddenly decides to get on my case it does bad things to my psyche.....

I didn't mean to pile onto you or anyone, but I was merely pointed out the original votes and numbers didn't add up.
It's more about the complaint still being in the 6.8 range, a score that would have won a dozen of the last fifty or so challenges. And remember, this is a subjective endeavor. You're asking random strangers for feedback on your entry. Not everyone is going to align with your tastes and vision.

08/26/2020 03:17:12 PM · #17
Originally posted by Venser:

Originally posted by ThingFish:

Sure Gen E I understand you and like your attitude and photo entries and appreciate them but I am ill and depression is my constant companion and so when someone like Venser suddenly decides to get on my case it does bad things to my psyche.....

I didn't mean to pile onto you or anyone, but I was merely pointed out the original votes and numbers didn't add up.
It's more about the complaint still being in the 6.8 range, a score that would have won a dozen of the last fifty or so challenges. And remember, this is a subjective endeavor. You're asking random strangers for feedback on your entry. Not everyone is going to align with your tastes and vision.


Ok sorry then......makes sense

Message edited by author 2020-08-27 03:38:46.
08/26/2020 03:19:29 PM · #18
Never thought about it like that actually...will try a different approach and not let scores get under my skin so much...actually not even doing too badly with this challenge for a change :)

Message edited by author 2020-08-27 03:41:40.
08/26/2020 03:22:23 PM · #19
Originally posted by ThingFish:

Sure Gen E I understand you and like your attitude and photo entries and appreciate them but I am ill and depression is my constant companion ...

I quite understand -- try applying my recommended correction factor to your score (increase to 1.6 points if topic requires out-of-the-box approach) and see if you don't feel better.
08/26/2020 10:28:39 PM · #20
Originally posted by vawendy:

Yup. I was excited that mine was going over well, but it looks like we have happy voters. :)

Votes: 6
Views: 16
Avg Vote: 7.1667


I liked the 7.1667 better :)

Votes: 22
Views: 38
Avg Vote: 6.0455

I actually figured 5.8 on this one, but I thought it might draw some comments
08/27/2020 12:45:43 AM · #21
Mine has improved but I suspect that won't make TT:
Votes: 24
Views: 42
Avg Vote: 6.3333
Comments: 1
08/27/2020 11:40:13 AM · #22
apparently not.

not a leg to stand on....
08/27/2020 12:19:22 PM · #23
Votes: 23
Views: 44
Avg Vote: 6.2609
Comments: 1
Updated: 08/27/20 12:10 pm
08/27/2020 12:20:19 PM · #24
Originally posted by marnet:

Mine has improved but I suspect that won't make TT:
Votes: 24
Views: 42
Avg Vote: 6.3333
Comments: 1


I've improved, too. 5.5 to 5.7 (with a dip to 5.4 in between). I'll take it.
08/27/2020 12:51:04 PM · #25
Mine dropped significantly. Three votes totalled 12. I assume it was a one, a five, and a six.

Votes: 24
Views: 40
Avg Vote: 5.8333
Comments: 1
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/23/2020 02:42:46 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/23/2020 02:42:46 AM EDT.