DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Suggestions >> No-Sky Landscape III (Minimal Editing)
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 5 of 5, (reverse)
AuthorThread
08/09/2020 02:59:56 PM · #1
Maybe it's time to lower our horizons again ~ But only for this challenge, not otherwise. So how about No-Sky Landscape III.

Challenge: No-Sky Landscape III, with Minimal Editing rules.

Description (from last time)
Your amazing Landscape photo shall be totally sky-free. That means NO SKY. Not even a mirror reflection of sky in water.
08/09/2020 03:09:37 PM · #2
Originally posted by PennyClick:

Maybe it's time to lower our horizons again ~ But only for this challenge, not otherwise. So how about No-Sky Landscape III.

Challenge: No-Sky Landscape III, with Minimal Editing rules.

Description (from last time)
Your amazing Landscape photo shall be totally sky-free. That means NO SKY. Not even a mirror reflection of sky in water.


Prompted by noticing this image on my profile page which I took for the last No_Sky Landscape challenge.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/2000-2999/2300/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1182781.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/2000-2999/2300/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1182781.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
08/09/2020 03:21:27 PM · #3
Just looked at the previous challenge, it looked like maximum carnage for those well established DPCers who did not realize the challenge was Minimal! Maybe give them a chance and have it as Standard? I might then participate as well. The more participants the merrier!
08/09/2020 05:37:11 PM · #4
Originally posted by marnet:

Just looked at the previous challenge, it looked like maximum carnage for those well established DPCers who did not realize the challenge was Minimal! Maybe give them a chance and have it as Standard?

That some people didn't bother to read the rules when the challenge was posted and got bounced isn't a good reason not to do it again. Everyone has their "chance" every time... Besides, in an attempt to forestall that sort of carnage we now FLAG the challenges as Minimal Editing so if anyone misses noticing that's on them. FWIW, the first two iterations of this challenge produced some lovely results. And the point of the minimal is to make people think outside the skybox when finding their picture, so a no-sky landscape that allowed cropping would be kind of beside the point. IMO anyway.
08/09/2020 06:20:15 PM · #5
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

And the point of the minimal is to make people think outside the skybox when finding their picture, so a no-sky landscape that allowed cropping would be kind of beside the point. IMO anyway.

We could compromise by making it Standard with a flagged Special Rule specifying no cropping allowed, allowing exposure adjustment(s). But I seem to do "better" in Minimal challenges anyway, so that's fine with me too ...
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/26/2020 07:30:06 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/26/2020 07:30:06 AM EDT.