DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Suggestions >> Sitting
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 8 of 8, (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/30/2020 09:58:42 PM · #1
When I was driving home today, I saw a young teenager sitting on a utility box. He was so casually just kinda draped there. It made me realize that there are so many different ways people sit. Sprawled, casual, uptight, prim, proper, etc., that just photos of people sitting could be really interesting.

Ok, it sounds weird as I type it, but hopefully you understand what I mean.
07/30/2020 10:10:54 PM · #2
Could be a creative topic.
07/30/2020 10:26:48 PM · #3
Originally posted by vawendy:

... Ok, it sounds weird as I type it, but hopefully you understand what I mean.

:-)

+1
07/30/2020 11:38:26 PM · #4
Originally posted by vawendy:

..utility box..

What is this?
08/02/2020 05:11:25 PM · #5
Originally posted by marnet:

Originally posted by vawendy:

..utility box..

What is this?

A utility box, in America, is a green metal box near or in front of your home. These are called pad-mounted transformers and are a key part of the electrical system that delivers power to your home. They are only found in areas where electric service is buried underground. In other words, they contain within themselves all the various connections, etc that cluster around the top of Telephone/Electric poles. They tend to be the size of large, external air-conditioning units.

Message edited by author 2020-08-02 17:13:15.
08/03/2020 02:37:12 AM · #6
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by marnet:

Originally posted by vawendy:

..utility box..

What is this?

A utility box, in America, is a green metal box near or in front of your home. These are called pad-mounted transformers and are a key part of the electrical system that delivers power to your home. They are only found in areas where electric service is buried underground. In other words, they contain within themselves all the various connections, etc that cluster around the top of Telephone/Electric poles. They tend to be the size of large, external air-conditioning units.

Thanks, Bear, live and learn :)
08/03/2020 02:41:05 AM · #7
Originally posted by vawendy:

When I was driving home today, I saw a young teenager sitting on a utility box. He was so casually just kinda draped there. It made me realize that there are so many different ways people sit. Sprawled, casual, uptight, prim, proper, etc., that just photos of people sitting could be really interesting.

Ok, it sounds weird as I type it, but hopefully you understand what I mean.

It was you who came up with this silly challenge!! Yuk! ;)

Here goes my chance for a blue in the Ribbons Race. With you, Lydia and Anita breathing on my neck I might as well give up and stop entering challenges I don't like!
08/03/2020 10:13:58 AM · #8
Originally posted by marnet:

[

Here goes my chance for a blue in the Ribbons Race. With you, Lydia and Anita breathing on my neck I might as well give up and stop entering challenges I don't like!


I won't catch you. That's for sure. *sigh*

Pages:  
Current Server Time: 08/05/2020 09:20:27 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 08/05/2020 09:20:27 PM EDT.