DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Curmudgeonly Observations
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 22 of 22, (reverse)
AuthorThread
06/01/2020 09:18:25 PM · #1
Got any good ones? Here's one to start us off:

"The longer I stay home, the more homeless I look!"
06/01/2020 09:22:54 PM · #2
I don't know if it's really curmudgeonly, but...

It's embarrassing that my 21 year old son is showering more often than I am.

Not embarrassing enough to do something about it, though.
06/01/2020 11:28:53 PM · #3
lol Wendy ..!!..
i thought it was just me .. !! .. ;)
06/01/2020 11:29:11 PM · #4
Originally posted by vawendy:

I don't know if it's really curmudgeonly, but...

It's embarrassing that my 21 year old son is showering more often than I am.

Not embarrassing enough to do something about it, though.

Heck, they HAVE to: at that age and activity level the boyz just plain REEK, don'tcha know? I still remember how the whole house would smell of athletic uses carelessly discarded in a corner.
06/01/2020 11:31:14 PM · #5
Here's another example to get ya going, from the great Mark Twain:

“Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.”
06/02/2020 08:46:47 AM · #6
"The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."
Bertrand Russell
06/02/2020 11:44:48 AM · #7
These are all good!

This probably doesn't fit, but I like it anyway:

My wife and I have decided that we don't want children.
We're going to tell them at dinner.

06/02/2020 11:58:41 AM · #8
Originally posted by Lydia:

These are all good!

This probably doesn't fit, but I like it anyway:

My wife and I have decided that we don't want children.
We're going to tell them at dinner.


hahahahahahahah!!!!! I love it!!
]
06/02/2020 12:40:16 PM · #9
I've got plenty ... :-)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1131763.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1131763.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
06/02/2020 01:07:28 PM · #10
Just because it turns out to be wrong is no reason to give up on a perfectly good theory.

I went to a protest last night. I realize what I came across like to my parents and grandparents a half century ago.

Although I am in an essential field, neither my work nor home life has changed much due to the demands for isolation. I'm okay with that.

I don't regret any of the hardships of my life. Some of the rough times were so bad that the small gifts I receive now are so much more rewarding.

I'm amused at how much like my grandfather that I am, especially when it comes to my tolerance for idiots. Or, more accurately, the complete lack thereof.
06/02/2020 01:12:46 PM · #11
Originally posted by NikonJeb:

I went to a protest last night. I realize what I came across like to my parents and grandparents a half century ago.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1132599.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1132599.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I told my son ' . substr('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Isaac that it was a good thing he liked the music of the Sixties, since he was getting to live through them himself. :-)
06/02/2020 01:17:21 PM · #12
Originally posted by NikonJeb:

I'm amused at how much like my grandfather that I am, especially when it comes to my tolerance for idiots. Or, more accurately, the complete lack thereof.


This reminds me of George Carlin's description of driving. Anyone driving slower than him is an idiot, anyone driving faster is a maniac. Nobody else drives the same speed.
06/02/2020 02:20:55 PM · #13
Oh, George Carlin is a wonderful source:

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.
06/02/2020 05:58:08 PM · #14
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Oh, George Carlin is a wonderful source:

As is Ambrose Bierce ...

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1138093.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1138093.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
06/02/2020 06:14:51 PM · #15
Originally posted by Bear_Music:



Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.

hahahaha!
06/02/2020 06:27:48 PM · #16
Can't remember where I first read it ...

You know you're getting old when ... you bend down to pick up something, and you look around to see if there's anything else you can get while you're down there.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1131764.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1131764.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
06/02/2020 07:07:47 PM · #17
Originally posted by GeneralE:

Can't remember where I first read it ...

You know you're getting old when ... you bend down to pick up something, and you look around to see if there's anything else you can get while you're down there.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1131764.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1131764.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


You know you're getting old when ... You drop something and think, "Do I really need that???".
06/03/2020 01:05:15 PM · #18
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1132607.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1132607.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
06/05/2020 12:04:23 AM · #19
More upbeat than curmudgeonly for a change :-)

"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"
- Dr. Seuss
06/07/2020 06:45:34 PM · #20
Life is so confusing ... :-(
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1187812.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1187812.jpg', '/') + 1) . '   ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1188387.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1188387.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
06/08/2020 02:21:24 PM · #21
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1138090.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1138090.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
06/08/2020 02:58:59 PM · #22
https://twitter.com/Heideggram/status/1269402057808715776

from my Twitter account
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 07/11/2020 12:49:05 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 07/11/2020 12:49:05 AM EDT.