DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Suggestions >> Diptych, Triptych.. you name it.
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 12 of 12, (reverse)
AuthorThread
04/10/2020 07:06:38 PM · #1
Create an image with "2 or 3 or More of Me": this might make an interesting self-portrait challenge. "2 or 3 or More of Someone" would be wider. "2 or 3 or More of Anything" would be wide open :-)


Message edited by author 2020-04-12 14:07:11.
04/10/2020 09:42:13 PM · #2
FWIW many cameras (including all of mine) have a maximum shutter speed of 15 seconds and lack remote-triggering capability.

If you want it to be a self-portrait only I think that should be specified in the title.
04/11/2020 02:40:17 PM · #3
Create an image with two or three or more of yourself or someone else in the same photo by using a slow shutter setting of 15 seconds or more. For 30 second images you may need to reset the shutter speed and/or use a remote shutter release.
04/11/2020 02:48:16 PM · #4
"Diptych" and "Triptych" have very specific meanings: they refer to a work of art that is displayed on 2 or 3 side-by-side panels. So that title (for this challenge description) is a non-starter.

Alternative title: "2 or 3 or More of Me": this might make an interesting self-portrait challenge. "2 or 3 or More of Someone" would be wider. "2 or 3 or More of Anything" would be wide open :-)

I don't think we'd get a lot of participation if we restricted this to a long exposure and blacking-out of a portion of the view as things switched. It's a very difficult and time-consuming technique, and an archaic one to boot since we have photoshop.

How about doing this in Extended editing? Specify a fixed scene with a repeating element?
04/11/2020 03:08:15 PM · #5
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

"Diptych" and "Triptych" have very specific meanings: they refer to a work of art that is displayed on 2 or 3 side-by-side panels. So that title (for this challenge description) is a non-starter.

Alternative title: "2 or 3 or More of Me": this might make an interesting self-portrait challenge. "2 or 3 or More of Someone" would be wider. "2 or 3 or More of Anything" would be wide open :-)

I don't think we'd get a lot of participation if we restricted this to a long exposure and blacking-out of a portion of the view as things switched. It's a very difficult and time-consuming technique, and an archaic one to boot since we have photoshop.

How about doing this in Extended editing? Specify a fixed scene with a repeating element?


+1
04/11/2020 03:21:19 PM · #6
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

How about doing this in Extended editing? Specify a fixed scene with a repeating element?

We have a tutorial for that.
04/12/2020 05:01:19 AM · #7
Does it really have to be a self-portrait? What about just something repeating in the fixed scene? A cat, dog, car, whatever. Leave it generic.
04/12/2020 06:45:41 AM · #8
Agreed. I hate being in front of a camera.
04/12/2020 12:19:39 PM · #9
The fact that some of our members don't like to make self-portraits isn't a good reason not to schedule them. Just sayin'... NOT sayin' is one will end up as an SP challenge, just making a point :-)
04/12/2020 12:45:34 PM · #10
Originally posted by GeneralE:

If you want it to be a self-portrait only I think that should be specified in the title.
04/13/2020 03:20:16 PM · #11
I think it should be left up to the photographer.
04/24/2020 10:18:57 PM · #12
Originally posted by marnet:

Does it really have to be a self-portrait? What about just something repeating in the fixed scene? A cat, dog, car, whatever. Leave it generic.


Let's go with that. Repeat something in a fixed scene to create a unique composition.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 05/25/2020 05:07:16 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 05/25/2020 05:07:16 AM EDT.