DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Hardware and Software >> Data Recovery
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 10 of 10, (reverse)
AuthorThread
10/21/2019 08:10:12 PM · #1
I need to get my Passport recovered ... have any of you ever had your pictures recovered? What company did you use...what are the questions I should be asking?

Tell me about your experiences...please.
10/21/2019 08:52:54 PM · #2
I think I recovered some pictures (from a card) once using something from SanDisk. If you are sending it out for professional (expensive) recovery you might try DriveSavers -- they have a toll-free number so you should be able to talk to someone before spending anything.
10/21/2019 10:30:06 PM · #3
Originally posted by GeneralE:

I think I recovered some pictures (from a card) once using something from SanDisk. If you are sending it out for professional (expensive) recovery you might try DriveSavers -- they have a toll-free number so you should be able to talk to someone before spending anything.


Ya, this isnít gonna be one of those at home remedies (deep regrettable sigh)...itís gonna have to go to a company to get burped!!!
10/29/2019 08:51:05 AM · #4
I thought that someone recently had their data recovered???
10/29/2019 09:21:31 AM · #5
I vaguely remember that ' . substr('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/96751.gif', strrpos('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/96751.gif', '/') + 1) . ' tanguera had that problem, maybe contact her directly in case she does not read forums regularly.
10/29/2019 02:02:17 PM · #6
If you are tech savvy, you can likely do data recovery using a Linux distro on a USB drive
10/29/2019 03:52:39 PM · #7
Doing a search for data recovery services in your area turned up this. Some other hits as well, but these guys are local to you and are focused on data recovery. Discaimer: I have no experience with them.
10/29/2019 05:20:32 PM · #8
Originally posted by Parabelle:

If you are tech savvy, you can likely do data recovery using a Linux distro on a USB drive


DIY recovery is OUT - BC It has a USB port/board soldered to where the SATA port should be. Therefore normal recovery is off the list...

Has anyone used DataRecovery before? I got a list of 3rd party preferred recovery providers from WD. Their pricing is middle of the road and no cost if I decide itís to much to pay - they just ship it back.
10/29/2019 05:25:32 PM · #9
Originally posted by kirbic:

Doing a search for data recovery services in your area turned up this. Some other hits as well, but these guys are local to you and are focused on data recovery. Discaimer: I have no experience with them.


Excellent - Iíll call n talk to them (mostly gibberish with a good side of tears!!! Ya, that wonít help - maybe me...not them). Iím just not sure what questions I should be asking...

I didnít find any listings for any companies in Florida much less Orlando area!!!
10/29/2019 09:50:51 PM · #10
Just tell 'em what make/model drive, and what happened/how it is behaving. Ask if they think that it will require opening the drive, or if they will try non-invasive methods first.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/13/2019 10:54:11 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/13/2019 10:54:11 PM EST.