DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Suggestions >> Kitbashing
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 15 of 15, (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/25/2019 11:00:54 PM · #1
In scale models this is taking parts from multiple off the shelf kits and putting them together to create something new and different. Let's do this with photographs of any kind of vehicles. Planes, cars, spaceships, boats, subs, motorcycles, etc.

Obviously, this would have to be extended editing. Archival would offer plenty of source material, but would also make sure most people would have to do something new with those pics.
07/25/2019 11:38:25 PM · #2
Do you have any examples? This sounds intriguing!!
07/26/2019 12:02:13 AM · #3
Originally posted by Ja-9:

Do you have any examples? This sounds intriguing!!

I'll find some tomorrow. On my phone right now.

One immediate example that comes to mind is that I noticed in a publicity photo of the Disney park Millennium falcon, that it had resistors on the back of the upper hull. So some kitbashing was in the creation of that famous space ship.
07/26/2019 11:17:04 AM · #4
Unfortunately, as intriguing as it sounds the complexity of this challenge will limit the number of entries which is contrary to what we're attempting to do here. JMO
07/27/2019 02:58:24 AM · #5
I think this rather intriguing a suggestion. For me, it sounds like a good way for those of us who havenít explored this side of photo editing to have a ho . a bit of fun and learning at the same time.
07/27/2019 11:11:49 AM · #6
Examples. Tried to show a variety of vehicles bashed together. Of course, some people are way better at photoshopping than others, but I think this would be fun and creativity might count for as much as perfect photoshopping.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/80000-84999/83313/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1239140.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/80000-84999/83313/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1239140.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
07/27/2019 11:33:32 AM · #7
Maybe you don't need to limit it to vehicles?

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/2000-2999/2438/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1196546.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/2000-2999/2438/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1196546.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
07/27/2019 12:16:27 PM · #8
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

Examples. Tried to show a variety of vehicles bashed together. Of course, some people are way better at photoshopping than others, but I think this would be fun and creativity might count for as much as perfect photoshopping.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/80000-84999/83313/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1239140.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/80000-84999/83313/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1239140.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

OMG! This is so macho!

What about generalizing it to something like Mismatch?

Message edited by author 2019-07-27 12:48:42.
07/27/2019 01:21:23 PM · #9
Originally posted by marnet:

What about generalizing it to something like Mismatch?

That work for you, Spiffy? The description could read something like "Anything from Kitbashed objects to Chimaeras: let your imagination run wild!"
07/27/2019 03:58:53 PM · #10
I love this idea... especially if we don't limit it to vehicles.

07/27/2019 04:11:30 PM · #11
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

That work for you, Spiffy? The description could read something like "Anything from Kitbashed objects to Chimaeras: let your imagination run wild!"

So kind of like expanding on the dog/bird challenge from a while back, to include everything that can be cross-combobulated together. That works.
07/27/2019 09:06:20 PM · #12
I wonder if this one wouldn't be best presented as an archival challenge: SO much more kit to bash :-)
07/27/2019 09:09:46 PM · #13
I do love to bash some kit...

07/27/2019 10:52:24 PM · #14
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

I wonder if this one wouldn't be best presented as an archival challenge: SO much more kit to bash :-)

That was in my original suggestion. Archival would give plenty of source material, but most of us wouldn't just be able to pull something out of our archives to submit. It would take some thought and work.

Message edited by author 2019-07-27 22:52:59.
08/03/2019 08:13:33 AM · #15
That ain't a real word, but what a name for the challenge!

Cross-Combobulation
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 08/17/2019 01:00:56 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 08/17/2019 01:00:56 PM EDT.