DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Administrator Announcements >> Big Changes on the DPC Horizon!
Pages:  
Showing posts 126 - 150 of 216, (reverse)
AuthorThread
08/15/2019 05:40:32 AM · #126
In the past we have had challenges open to ribbon holders only (e.g https://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=1867) so I see no reason why we could not have a challenge not open to ribbon winners.
08/15/2019 11:27:51 AM · #127
Originally posted by marnet:

There aren't too many entries at the moment so that could be a problem but what about a handicap idea of some sort? For example, Anita (' . substr('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Neat) gets automatically deducted 1.5 points or more from the final score? ;)

And Margaret (' . substr('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Marnet) gets hit with a 2 point "equalizer"? BRILLIANT idea! :-)
08/15/2019 12:07:43 PM · #128
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by marnet:

There aren't too many entries at the moment so that could be a problem but what about a handicap idea of some sort? For example, Anita (' . substr('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Neat) gets automatically deducted 1.5 points or more from the final score? ;)

And Margaret (' . substr('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Marnet) gets hit with a 2 point "equalizer"? BRILLIANT idea! :-)

That's not fair! Anita is leading Unofficial Ribbons Race! I am in distant second ;)
08/15/2019 12:11:25 PM · #129
Originally posted by P-A-U-L:

In the past we have had challenges open to ribbon holders only (e.g https://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=1867) so I see no reason why we could not have a challenge not open to ribbon winners.

You will be surprised to see that quite a few Brown ribbon winners have also ribbons of other colors so the playing field is likely to be very small.
08/15/2019 12:38:53 PM · #130
Originally posted by P-A-U-L:

In the past we have had challenges open to ribbon holders only (e.g https://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=1867) so I see no reason why we could not have a challenge not open to ribbon winners.

People have stated some reasons in previous discussions:
2008

and here

I stopped looking after finding these, but I suspect the idea has come up other times too ...
08/21/2019 02:45:42 AM · #131
G'day all, long time since I've poked my nose in here. I re-upped membership the other day based on the hope that the forthcoming changes will enliven the site and bring a whole new range of people along with it. I made a bunch of new mates in DPC land, lots of whom I still chat with over at FB and such. I am grateful for the learning and development I experienced here as a photographer, the exercising of my creative brain when being challenged photographically, and for the long term genuine friendships that evolved from this site. I've definitely missed it. Welcome back?!
08/21/2019 04:42:36 AM · #132
Originally posted by pamb:

Welcome back?!


Definitely Welcome Back! Good to see you back here Pam - but no welcome baskets at the moment as ' . substr('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Art Roflmao has gone on a (hopefully temporary) walk about :)
08/21/2019 08:44:34 AM · #133
Hey, Pam! Lovely to see you again!
08/21/2019 03:04:43 PM · #134
Hello Pam! Welcome home! :D

08/27/2019 01:42:35 AM · #135
I leave for a little while and now look at this place!

Great to see so many familiar 'faces'.

DPC has been a great place for helping me learn and improve my photography skills, not to mention the wonderful people that make DPC, DPC. I am grateful for everything that DPC has given me and I'm hopeful for it's future! This is a place like no other. Thankfully! ' . substr('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/1.gif', strrpos('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/1.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Langdon, you created something amazing for us and your vision and hard work have given this site life. Thank you, sir.
08/27/2019 03:10:47 AM · #136
Kat! Are you coming back to play? really good to see you back here.
08/27/2019 04:40:11 AM · #137
Originally posted by pamb:

G'day all, long time since I've poked my nose in here. I re-upped membership the other day based on the hope that the forthcoming changes will enliven the site and bring a whole new range of people along with it. I made a bunch of new mates in DPC land, lots of whom I still chat with over at FB and such. I am grateful for the learning and development I experienced here as a photographer, the exercising of my creative brain when being challenged photographically, and for the long term genuine friendships that evolved from this site. I've definitely missed it. Welcome back?!


Ha! You too eh?
08/27/2019 11:03:25 AM · #138
Originally posted by bergiekat:

I leave for a little while and now look at this place!


Snot Face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08/27/2019 11:08:15 AM · #139
Originally posted by JulietNN:

Originally posted by bergiekat:

I leave for a little while and now look at this place!


Snot Face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Snot face?!?? (Hi Kat!!)
08/27/2019 11:50:37 AM · #140
I feel like it's a class reunion!!!

Welcome back, everyone!
08/28/2019 12:25:09 AM · #141
Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by JulietNN:

Originally posted by bergiekat:

I leave for a little while and now look at this place!


Snot Face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Snot face?!?? (Hi Kat!!)


Wait till Liver Lips Gets here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08/28/2019 02:25:59 AM · #142
Wow, you nip off for 7 years and look what happens! I actually had a dream about DPC last night so I thought I'd pop back in and see what's going on!

' . substr('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/1.gif', strrpos('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/1.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Bear_Music with a golden icon for a start! Have a chuckle about how behind the times I am :)

But ' . substr('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/1.gif', strrpos('https://www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/1.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Langdon leaving? Wow! Didn't expect to see that. Thank you Langdon for everything you did for me back in the day, putting your faith in me to help out with the SC, and with my little contribution to this version of the website. I'm a fully fledged graphic designer nowadays but the little icons around about this place were probably one of my first forays into it! Its nice to see them still here, at least for a little bit longer :)
08/28/2019 02:47:23 AM · #143
Hi Ben, good to see you back.
08/28/2019 08:07:47 AM · #144
Ben, holy crap! Welcome back dude!
08/28/2019 11:01:41 AM · #145
Hey, Ben! Terrific to see you around!
08/28/2019 02:42:13 PM · #146
Originally posted by JulietNN:

Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by JulietNN:

Originally posted by bergiekat:

I leave for a little while and now look at this place!


Snot Face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Snot face?!?? (Hi Kat!!)


Wait till Liver Lips Gets here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well, hell, the gang's all here...I've miss you all!! X0X0
08/28/2019 09:21:24 PM · #147
So... should I go back and read this whole thing or is there a short version? :)
08/28/2019 11:32:42 PM · #148
Originally posted by Hipychik:

So... should I go back and read this whole thing or is there a short version? :)

Certainly read the very beginning. Then skim the rest, pausing at familiar faces...
08/31/2019 10:26:55 PM · #149
HO-LEE-CHIT

Been here since 2005 and this will always be home base for me on the old inter-webs. I am glad I still have a home.

Langdon, it was inevitable and you have been a mighty Captain! Good luck in your next endeavor and God Speed Man!

Bear, what is there to say but thank you. You are the rock and the lighthouse, your efforts will be repaid in the new crop of imagineers and each of their ribbons will add to your collection.

Mitalapo, well done sir! Vive la DPC!

Message edited by author 2019-08-31 22:28:04.
08/31/2019 10:39:44 PM · #150
WAZZ! Look who's here! Don't be a stranger, friend.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 10/26/2020 03:37:28 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 10/26/2020 03:37:28 AM EDT.