DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Selfie without Faces
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 16 of 16, (reverse)
AuthorThread
12/13/2018 07:50:38 PM · #1
Question for SC, please:

Would this work with the "no human faces or it's a DQ" rule in the current Self Portrait without Faces challenge?

I see the extra rule: Entries containing a human face or faces will be DQ'd.

But... is this a human face? Or a photo of a human face?

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1688/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1048069.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1688/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1048069.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/13/2018 07:56:06 PM · #2
Originally posted by Lydia:

Question for SC, please:

Would this work with the "no human faces or it's a DQ" rule in the current Self Portrait without Faces challenge?

I see the extra rule: Entries containing a human face or faces will be DQ'd.

But... is this a human face? Or a photo of a human face?

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1688/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1048069.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1688/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1048069.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


That's a tough one Lydia. As with all challenges, I think its going to be up to the viewer. I have the same dilemma. I'm considering whether a face with dark glasses and a face cover is acceptable. I guess the only way we will find out is to submit it and see what happens!
12/13/2018 09:50:53 PM · #3
Yes, yes you should do that. It is totally cool and legal and I would give you 10 Doitdoitdoitdoit
12/13/2018 09:54:27 PM · #4
Also, only-saying that, cus I have like 1/4th of a 1/3rd of a 1/5th of a sliver of a face showing, and thinking that is too much. But cus I suck at math, I can only say, it is like a segment of a tangerine if it was really small.
12/13/2018 11:30:56 PM · #5
NO, Lydia. Don't do it. That's a human face and it would be DQ'd. Ruthlessly. No quarter given.

12/14/2018 10:22:31 AM · #6
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

NO, Lydia. Don't do it. That's a human face and it would be DQ'd. Ruthlessly. No quarter given.

Oh well, there goes my idea too!Plan B which is as scary LOL
12/14/2018 10:37:14 AM · #7
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/308/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_146162.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/308/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_146162.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/14/2018 11:06:33 AM · #8
Originally posted by Ammie:

Originally posted by Bear_Music:

NO, Lydia. Don't do it. That's a human face and it would be DQ'd. Ruthlessly. No quarter given.

Oh well, there goes my idea too!Plan B which is as scary LOL


Hey Bear,
What about a face that is covered so you know it's a face but you can't see the face?
12/14/2018 11:12:57 AM · #9
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

NO, Lydia. Don't do it. That's a human face and it would be DQ'd. Ruthlessly. No quarter given.


Thanks, Bear. That's what I wanted to know.
12/14/2018 11:27:22 AM · #10
Originally posted by Lydia:

Originally posted by Bear_Music:

NO, Lydia. Don't do it. That's a human face and it would be DQ'd. Ruthlessly. No quarter given.


Thanks, Bear. That's what I wanted to know.


Be the Rebel Lydia, doitdoitdoitdoit heheeheh (insert big fat kissy face with a winky eyeball!!!) =P
12/14/2018 12:50:48 PM · #11
Originally posted by GolferDDS:

Hey Bear,
What about a face that is covered so you know it's a face but you can't see the face?

If you can't see a face i the picture there's no face in the picture :-)
12/14/2018 02:15:19 PM · #12
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by GolferDDS:

Hey Bear,
What about a face that is covered so you know it's a face but you can't see the face?

If you can't see a face i the picture there's no face in the picture :-)


Those are words to live by!
12/15/2018 10:42:25 AM · #13
Originally posted by skewsme:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/308/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_146162.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/308/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_146162.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


and a few other low scoring entries in that challenge would be great for this one, too.
12/16/2018 01:24:56 AM · #14
Well having a face that only a mother/wife could love I'm In for this one.Even the dog disowns me at the park!!!!
12/16/2018 12:40:45 PM · #15
My face isn't anything to write home about -- but the body is worse... so it's a lose-lose situation here!

(though my foot has won some awards!! ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1691/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1049859.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1691/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1049859.jpg', '/') + 1) . ')

Message edited by author 2018-12-16 12:41:43.
12/16/2018 08:11:34 PM · #16
I love your toes, Wendy.

But, no... no fetish. LOL!!
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 11/20/2019 12:03:44 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/20/2019 12:03:44 PM EST.