DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Suggestions >> some suggestions
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 22 of 22, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/12/2018 10:48:48 PM · #1
WARNING! just kidding WARNING! just kidding WARNING! just kidding WARNING! don't panic WARNING!

1. Fake beards made out of breakfast cereal.
2. Make people jealous of your possessions.
3. Shadows (or clouds) in the shape of vegetables.
4. Irritate someone and then take their picture.
5. Architectural treasures recreated with feathers.
6. Upside down candelabras.
7. Your favorite envelope.
8. Relatives you hate.
9. What you'd get as a tattoo if you had the nerve.
10. Take a picture while drunk, stoned or channeling Dean Martin.
11. Toothpicks.

Message edited by Bear_Music - edited to number the list :-).
09/12/2018 10:54:31 PM · #2
These are hilarious :-)

#4 is actually an assignment I used to give my students way back in the film days. #9 seems to me a perfectly valid challenge suggestion. I've never channeled Dean Martin but I've done plenty of the other 2 parts of #10. And I could swear we already HAVE had a "Toothpick" challenge....
09/12/2018 11:03:52 PM · #3
I don't know about you but I've got #11 in the bag

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1221901.jpg
09/12/2018 11:12:40 PM · #4
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

T...I could swear we already HAVE had a "Toothpick" challenge....


Toothpick(s)
09/13/2018 12:30:57 AM · #5
12. The dirt beneath your feat
13. Your favorite teletubbie
14. Your best photo of someone else's photo(or painting)
15. Creatively photograph a long grain piece of rice
16. The last image you'll ever take. Or, The picture you'd take if you only had one left
17. A Streetpigeon in its natural environment
18. Billy Ray Cyrus songs/lyrics
19. Everyday sewer and sanitation systems
09/13/2018 05:58:12 AM · #6
Originally posted by kirbic:

Originally posted by Bear_Music:

T...I could swear we already HAVE had a "Toothpick" challenge....


Toothpick(s)

If this comes up again it should be appropriately titled Twothpicks!!
09/13/2018 06:19:17 AM · #7
Originally posted by NiallOTuama:


If this comes up again it should be appropriately titled Twothpicks!!

It's worth having the challenge just for the title!
09/13/2018 08:13:31 AM · #8
Great continuation, Mark -- suggestions 12 - 19.
As to #17, "a Streetpigeon in its natural environment," when I'm not breaking broncos for the NYPD or directing spaghetti westerns I can be found in Los Alamos designing nuclear toothbrushes, which is going pretty well. Just yesterday, while hanging out with the Pope, I laid out some suggestions for world peace that he hinted he'd weave into his homilies. Fingers crossed on that one. When I'm bushed I'll kick back with a chilly one and plunge over Victoria Falls wearing water wings. Family is very important to me, and my wife, dog and I often spend the entire night howling at the moon. Right now, while hunched over the computer, I'm on the phone dickering with Ken Burns, who wants to do a six hour documentary on my life from birth through the fourth grade. It probably won't pan out because I'm too modest.
What's in your wallet?
09/13/2018 08:38:43 AM · #9
16.b. take a trip somewhere and only take one picture on the whole trip.
09/13/2018 09:33:46 AM · #10
Can we choose one of these for the last DPL challenge?
09/13/2018 09:34:07 AM · #11
Originally posted by posthumous:

16.b. take a trip somewhere and only take one picture on the whole trip.

i actually love this idea. we'd have to invoke the DPC honor system for it but i'd be so keen to do this. the tension of whether the current moment is the best moment or whether you should wait to capture the event with a later photograph... brilliant!
09/13/2018 09:57:35 AM · #12
Originally posted by streetpigeon:

Great continuation, Mark -- suggestions 12 - 19.
As to #17, "a Streetpigeon in its natural environment," when I'm not breaking broncos for the NYPD or directing spaghetti westerns I can be found in Los Alamos designing nuclear toothbrushes, which is going pretty well. Just yesterday, while hanging out with the Pope, I laid out some suggestions for world peace that he hinted he'd weave into his homilies. Fingers crossed on that one. When I'm bushed I'll kick back with a chilly one and plunge over Victoria Falls wearing water wings. Family is very important to me, and my wife, dog and I often spend the entire night howling at the moon. Right now, while hunched over the computer, I'm on the phone dickering with Ken Burns, who wants to do a six hour documentary on my life from birth through the fourth grade. It probably won't pan out because I'm too modest.
What's in your wallet?


Haha

or perhaps this is "a Streetpigeon in its unnatural environment"
09/13/2018 02:21:03 PM · #13
that was lovely rebalancing, streetbird. many to savour. I like #2. like a knife thrust.
09/13/2018 08:03:20 PM · #14
Originally posted by mpeters:

19. Everyday sewer and sanitation systems

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1201405.jpg
09/13/2018 09:41:51 PM · #15
20. take a long exposure off a short pier
21. kiss your camera
22. take a selfie while falling
23. recreate the tenth photo on your phone
24. make up with someone and take a photo together
25. adopt a dog and take a picture of it licking your face
26. have a friend draw a picture. recreate it as a photograph
27. find a rock that looks like Napoleon
28. put your camera on self-timer and drop it down a well. don't forget to turn on the in-camera flash.
09/13/2018 11:35:18 PM · #16
I vote for 5, 7, 15, 17, 27
09/14/2018 01:39:22 AM · #17
For 28 you'll need a shallow well, a long tether, or a Bluetooth enabled camera you're willing to sacrifice :-)
09/14/2018 02:14:42 AM · #18
27 made me laugh out loud. Good one!

I had too much time in the car today so figured I'd round out the 30.

29. Lead a horse to water, make him drink, then take his picture
30. Picture yourself in a traffic jam
09/14/2018 07:43:49 AM · #19
30.b. Picture yourself on a boat in a river
09/14/2018 08:24:10 AM · #20
"27.find a rock that looks like Napoleon"

So very close. I have a pine cone that looks like Marie Antoinette.
09/14/2018 09:36:47 AM · #21
30.c. Picture yourself somewhere, upside down.
09/14/2018 10:11:52 AM · #22
Originally posted by streetpigeon:

"27.find a rock that looks like Napoleon"

So very close. I have a pine cone that looks like Marie Antoinette.


DNEC (Does Not Eat Cake)
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/19/2018 11:10:08 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2018 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/19/2018 11:10:08 AM EST.