DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Administrator Announcements >> DPL4 IS NOW LIVE!
Pages:   ... ...
Showing posts 251 - 275 of 409, (reverse)
AuthorThread
06/15/2018 07:59:47 AM · #251
Originally posted by Ja-9:

Originally posted by Tiny:

Hang on, what will happen if you get say 29 teams.?


We have several teams with 5/6 players...this way we can all go up to 7. I'm not sure at what point the number of teams have to go from 24 to 48....Robert???

What we need now is at least 2 more people that will step into the roll of Captain....

Can someone who is more eloquent than I am, please give an outline of what is means to be Captain...

Somebody small is just stirring the pot. :-) The cutoff will most likely be at 24 teams and no more allowed to be created after (at least that's the way it should be). Who knows (except for maybe Langdon and possibly Robert).
06/15/2018 08:17:28 AM · #252
To be captain is not such a bind.

You basically get the team together, register it then put the kettle on.
06/15/2018 08:20:19 AM · #253
No pot here.

I am just saying by inviting lots of folks to join in means you may get lots of folks.

I believe it would then be ever so slightly weird to say that they can't play.
06/15/2018 08:21:39 AM · #254
Originally posted by glad2badad:

Originally posted by Ja-9:

Originally posted by Tiny:

Hang on, what will happen if you get say 29 teams.?


We have several teams with 5/6 players...this way we can all go up to 7. I'm not sure at what point the number of teams have to go from 24 to 48....Robert???

What we need now is at least 2 more people that will step into the roll of Captain....

Can someone who is more eloquent than I am, please give an outline of what is means to be Captain...

Somebody small is just stirring the pot. :-) The cutoff will most likely be at 24 teams and no more allowed to be created after (at least that's the way it should be). Who knows (except for maybe Langdon and possibly Robert).


We need 2 more complete teams - that's a minimum requirement of 10 people max of 14

Then we can start adding members to the existing teams that are short 1/2 people - that's 16 more people

For a max total of 30 more people for 24 "full" teams
A minimum of 13 are a must to finish Manic's team and the other 2 missing teams...

Message edited by author 2018-06-15 08:25:06.
06/15/2018 08:28:10 AM · #255
Originally posted by Ja-9:

. . .

We need 2 more complete teams - that's a minimum requirement of 10 people max of 14

Then we can start adding members to the existing teams that are short 1/2 people - that's 16 more people

For a max total of 30 more people for 24 "full" teams
A minimum of 13 are a must to finish Manic's team and the other 2 missing teams...


I love the idea of getting each team to seven. And then we still need a free-agent pot for the inevitable drops. I think the rules allow us to replace lost members up to a certain point, right?
06/15/2018 08:30:54 AM · #256
Originally posted by Tiny:

No pot here.

I am just saying by inviting lots of folks to join in means you may get lots of folks.

I believe it would then be ever so slightly weird to say that they can't play.

Oh. I see you joined a team. Cool! I take back the stirring the pot suggestion. :-D
06/15/2018 08:46:51 AM · #257
Originally posted by nam:

Originally posted by nam:

Originally posted by Ja-9:

. . .

We need 2 more complete teams - that's a minimum requirement of 10 people max of 14

Then we can start adding members to the existing teams that are short 1/2 people - that's 16 more people

For a max total of 30 more people for 24 "full" teams
A minimum of 13 are a must to finish Manic's team and the other 2 missing teams...


I love the idea of getting each team to seven. And then we still need a free-agent pot pool for the inevitable drops. I think the rules allow us to replace lost members up to a certain point, right?


yes
06/15/2018 09:59:36 AM · #258
Originally posted by vawendy:

I was wondering if anyone contacted julietnn, but then I saw that she was 98 years old, so it may be too late...


I had forgotten how well I aged! =P
06/15/2018 10:06:25 AM · #259
Originally posted by MAK:

To be captain is not such a bind.

You basically get the team together, register it then put the kettle on.


I like your style - though surely get the Whiskey out would be more appropriate
06/15/2018 10:06:27 AM · #260
Originally posted by JulietNN:

Originally posted by vawendy:

I was wondering if anyone contacted julietnn, but then I saw that she was 98 years old, so it may be too late...


I had forgotten how well I aged! =P


Hi!!! Are you coming back for DPL?!
06/15/2018 10:08:55 AM · #261
Originally posted by JulietNN:

Originally posted by vawendy:

I was wondering if anyone contacted julietnn, but then I saw that she was 98 years old, so it may be too late...


I had forgotten how well I aged! =P


Like a cask of the finest Scotch, welcome back.
06/15/2018 10:31:43 AM · #262
Well that's 7 more in the pool that "I know of"

21.gif daevans - David Evens - New Player
21_F.gif wildiris - Ingrid Mathews
21.gif kaiyang - Yao Jun
31.gif basssman7 - Ernie Basciano (we might be able to talk him in to being a Captain!!!)
31_F.gif JulietNN - Juliet .....N N (maybe...???)
31_F.gif WriteHeart - Julie Schroeder
21.gif tvsometime - Tom Vassar (with some thumb twisting...wink)

Please welcome them back to the Hotel California DPC!!!

Thank you for helping us out with completing the teams

Message edited by author 2018-06-15 10:33:10.
06/15/2018 10:38:58 AM · #263
I'm gonna step out on a limb here but Team Captains from Finalized Teams...

BEFORE you start snatching getting players off the Free Agent List to add to your 5 (or more) finished teams...PLEASE let the final 2 teams form before we start filling the vacancies...

In theory we still need another 12 more players...

I'd be curious how many of the people that I contacted knew about DPL (if the announcement was lost in spam)

Question...is there anyone on a team that is willing to be a captain so we can finish this up? Just think about it...
06/15/2018 10:44:19 AM · #264
Janine - good work! With skills like that you should be on SC
06/15/2018 10:46:31 AM · #265
Originally posted by P-A-U-L:

Janine - good work! With skills like that you should be on SC


Haha....running for the hills!!!
06/15/2018 10:48:46 AM · #266
Originally posted by P-A-U-L:

Janine - good work! With skills like that you should be on SC

That's a heck of a good idea :-)
06/15/2018 10:52:42 AM · #267
We'd have a better sense of where things stood if people whose names appear on the Free agent list who for whatever reason have no intention of playing would remove their names. Thanks!
06/15/2018 11:01:22 AM · #268
Originally posted by PennyClick:

We'd have a better sense of where things stood if people whose names appear on the Free agent list who for whatever reason have no intention of playing would remove their names. Thanks!


Why would anyone join the list with no intention of participating? Or are you referring to people on the free agent list that do not want to commit to the entire season but want to be substitutes?
06/15/2018 11:16:22 AM · #269
my guess is that it went like this .... hasn't visited this site in years (like me) .... get's new email from dpc (like me) .... comes to check things out (like me) .... gets nostalgic (like me) .... decides to play (like me) .... goes back to regularly scheduled life and either forgets or doesn't care enough to return (not like me)

Originally posted by basssman7:

Why would anyone join the list with no intention of participating?
06/15/2018 11:18:04 AM · #270
Originally posted by basssman7:

Originally posted by PennyClick:

We'd have a better sense of where things stood if people whose names appear on the Free agent list who for whatever reason have no intention of playing would remove their names. Thanks!


Why would anyone join the list with no intention of participating? Or are you referring to people on the free agent list that do not want to commit to the entire season but want to be substitutes?


I don't know! That's my point. However, many of the names have been there since the list was created and I can't believe no-one has invited ANY of them. Perhaps indeed they just want to be substitutes. It just makes it hard to figure out how close we are to getting enough people.
06/15/2018 11:31:23 AM · #271
Originally posted by hopper:

my guess is that it went like this .... hasn't visited this site in years (like me) .... get's new email from dpc (like me) .... comes to check things out (like me) .... gets nostalgic (like me) .... decides to play (like me) .... goes back to regularly scheduled life and either forgets or doesn't care enough to return (not like me)

Originally posted by basssman7:

Why would anyone join the list with no intention of participating?

Sounds about right!
06/15/2018 11:35:26 AM · #272
Originally posted by PennyClick:

Originally posted by basssman7:

Originally posted by PennyClick:

We'd have a better sense of where things stood if people whose names appear on the Free agent list who for whatever reason have no intention of playing would remove their names. Thanks!


Why would anyone join the list with no intention of participating? Or are you referring to people on the free agent list that do not want to commit to the entire season but want to be substitutes?


I don't know! That's my point. However, many of the names have been there since the list was created and I can't believe no-one has invited ANY of them. Perhaps indeed they just want to be substitutes. It just makes it hard to figure out how close we are to getting enough people.


Exactly...I know at least 3/4 HAVE been sent invites...but no ones moving...

Manic...how are you coming along with your invites?
06/15/2018 11:43:07 AM · #273
One on the list is currently travelling, and isn't in internet comms, but has already committed to a team.
06/15/2018 12:13:43 PM · #274
I have posted a note on facebook and messaged MikeO who is on the free pool.

I am being really helpful and positive.

It may not last but hey hoo.
06/15/2018 12:26:32 PM · #275
Originally posted by Tiny:

I have posted a note on facebook and messaged MikeO who is on the free pool.

I am being really helpful and positive.

It may not last but hey hoo.


Way to go!!
Pages:   ... ...
Current Server Time: 12/09/2018 05:51:33 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2018 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/09/2018 05:51:33 PM EST.