DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> I See Dead People
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 13 of 13, (reverse)
AuthorThread
04/23/2018 12:13:40 AM · #1
There seems to be a contradiction in the instructions: Extended Editing but only "ONE photo" allowed from one's archive.
Is this limitation as intended (a new creative twist) or a slip of the tongue (or typo)?

Message edited by author 2018-04-23 00:15:38.
04/23/2018 01:13:00 AM · #2
Extended Editing challenges, unless otherwise flagged, allow only images shot during the 2-week submission window. For this particular challenge, since the topic is "I see dead people", we're allowing the use of ONE out-of-gamut image from the past to accommodate those who wish to incorporate actual "dead people" into their entry.
04/23/2018 01:59:21 AM · #3
ok. only ONE photo outside of usual date limits; but what of other photos WITHIN the time frame? Can we use multiples? can we mix these with a past ONE?
04/23/2018 02:25:09 AM · #4
Originally posted by tnun:

ok. only ONE photo outside of usual date limits; but what of other photos WITHIN the time frame? Can we use multiples? can we mix these with a past ONE?


Itís an extra (supplementary) rule. So yes, as many during the challenge window as you like PLUS one from the past. If you like.
04/23/2018 08:25:49 AM · #5
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Extended Editing challenges, unless otherwise flagged, allow only images shot during the 2-week submission window. For this particular challenge, since the topic is "I see dead people", we're allowing the use of ONE out-of-gamut image from the past to accommodate those who wish to incorporate actual "dead people" into their entry.


good clarification... and nice thought to allow inclusion of someone who has passed.
04/23/2018 11:59:42 AM · #6
I ask you an ulterior clarification:
...create a convincing portrait...
So the entries must be portraits, or not necessarily?
thanks
04/23/2018 12:22:47 PM · #7
Originally posted by Sisto:

I ask you an ulterior clarification:
...create a convincing portrait...
So the entries must be portraits, or not necessarily?
thanks

Whatever you wish it to be; it's a description, not a rule.
05/07/2018 10:07:50 AM · #8
As I sit here with tears in my eyes I just need to explain the reason I didnít enter this challenge. My brother n law of 40 years passed away on January 6 of a dissecting aorta. I miss cutting his hair every 4 weeks and miss his sense of humor. He and my sister were always there when my life was falling apart. He was a big worker in church. I grieve for my sister. And I miss him.
05/07/2018 04:08:05 PM · #9
Oh no... I'm so sorry for your great loss, Susie! It seems like this was a good challenge topic for you to merge a photo of him and his loved ones... I wish you'd entered. *hugs you... swaying gently back and forth*
05/07/2018 04:09:02 PM · #10
Votes: 14
Views: 34
Avg Vote: 5.2857
Comments: 1
05/11/2018 02:33:25 AM · #11
Votes: 25
Views: 69
Avg Vote: 5.6000
Comments: 2

At some early point it was at 6.5.
05/11/2018 11:16:47 AM · #12
Votes: 27
Views: 70
Avg Vote: 6.0370
Comments: 2
05/11/2018 05:11:00 PM · #13
Originally posted by Cyrilda:

As I sit here with tears in my eyes I just need to explain the reason I didnít enter this challenge. My brother n law of 40 years passed away on January 6 of a dissecting aorta. I miss cutting his hair every 4 weeks and miss his sense of humor. He and my sister were always there when my life was falling apart. He was a big worker in church. I grieve for my sister. And I miss him.


I'm so sorry. So many people, including me, have lost someone this year.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/20/2018 06:10:17 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2018 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/20/2018 06:10:17 PM EDT.