DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Scores and ridicule, Side by Side again!
Pages:  
Showing posts 76 - 84 of 84, (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/16/2015 11:20:00 AM · #76
to be 100% honest, this challenge and the entries in it are so far removed from the "dpc norm" it seems that people are low voting because they're not in their comfort zone for what's "dpc win". so what. That *IS* what this site is founded to be - a place to LEARN; not to have the same people use the same pictures and same edits to win the same challenge (mark X) ad nauseum.
I'm tempted to ask Bear or Tanguera to delete this whole scores thread, or at least to move it to rant and out of the "CURRENT CHALLENGE" topic where the "SCORES" are generally posted.

How about instead of "growing up" you stop being grown ups; use your imagination, HAVE FUN (shocker!) and stop telling everybody else that what they think/do is not right.
Now, if anybody needs me, i'll be sitting at the bottom of the pile of images because following the challenge guidelines/rules only seems to get you low votes since it's not "dpc fare" - you can come find me with the others who enjoyed this challenge for the breath of fresh air it was meant to be.
07/16/2015 11:23:19 AM · #77
Originally posted by RyanW:

snip... you can come find me with the others who enjoyed this challenge for the breath of fresh air it was meant to be.

I'm right down there with ya, ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' RyanW. This was - and is - a fun challenge for those who are willing to experiment and play.
07/16/2015 01:54:32 PM · #78
What is a gutter?
07/16/2015 01:59:38 PM · #79
Wow... Looks like I've missed a lot here!

I like the discussion threads before the challenge, simply because it's an insight into other views. The discussions after the fact just seem kind of sad. :(

That being said, it was a fun idea. I have my own opinions as to what meets or doesn't meet the challenge as well. I think they mostly all meet the challenge, I just have my own ideas as to the best way of meeting the challenge. If there was a better way to cut down on the divisions, it was a fun one that I'd like to see run again (though not for awhile). I'm enjoying the humor that it's bringing to the photos. Humorous photos used to be more prevalent when there were more entries. I've missed the laughs.
07/16/2015 02:06:13 PM · #80
Originally posted by Jules1x:

What is a gutter?

A blank space between pictures, or between two columns of type (as in many magazines).
07/16/2015 02:50:54 PM · #81
You have given an average score of 6.2277.

i gave out ten 10's, great stuff in there.
07/16/2015 04:38:02 PM · #82
Originally posted by vawendy:

Wow... Looks like I've missed a lot here!

I like the discussion threads before the challenge, simply because it's an insight into other views. The discussions after the fact just seem kind of sad. :(

That being said, it was a fun idea. I have my own opinions as to what meets or doesn't meet the challenge as well. I think they mostly all meet the challenge, I just have my own ideas as to the best way of meeting the challenge. If there was a better way to cut down on the divisions, it was a fun one that I'd like to see run again (though not for awhile). I'm enjoying the humor that it's bringing to the photos. Humorous photos used to be more prevalent when there were more entries. I've missed the laughs.


ah wendy! this one got my creative juices flowing, so i just commented i the suggestion thread it would be great to run this challenge again SOON, but with standard "no overlapping" Advanced rules, and also in Expert, but maybe with a few restrictions, like only 2 photos can be used, and your can't cut out all the background of either image.
07/16/2015 04:53:18 PM · #83
Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by Jules1x:

What is a gutter?

A blank space between pictures, or between two columns of type (as in many magazines).


I thought it was the naughty place in a persons mind...

07/16/2015 05:11:22 PM · #84
Originally posted by jgirl57:

Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by Jules1x:

What is a gutter?

A blank space between pictures, or between two columns of type (as in many magazines).


I thought it was the naughty place in a persons mind...

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 01/21/2020 09:55:18 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 01/21/2020 09:55:18 PM EST.