DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> How do DPC members vote...
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 21 of 21, (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/13/2015 10:43:13 PM · #1
My view of a DPC member during a voting...
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/58785/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1160337.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/58785/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1160337.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
.
.
*Show your imagination*
07/13/2015 10:44:23 PM · #2
I would but it would violate the TOS that I signed up to and my account would be suspended.....
07/13/2015 10:55:41 PM · #3
Another thread complaining about votes and/or voters?

' . substr('//i.imgur.com/Ml7sns1.jpg', strrpos('//i.imgur.com/Ml7sns1.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
07/13/2015 11:51:58 PM · #4
Another person complaining about threads complaining about votes and/or voters?

' . substr('//cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/53706502.jpg', strrpos('//cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/53706502.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
07/13/2015 11:55:02 PM · #5
Originally posted by smardaz:

Another person complaining about threads complaining about votes and/or voters?


Touche. I'll take my ball and go home.

' . substr('https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/92/11/c8/9211c8e22318d8ea090f5cd62e667b67.jpg', strrpos('https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/92/11/c8/9211c8e22318d8ea090f5cd62e667b67.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Message edited by author 2015-07-13 23:57:58.
07/14/2015 03:26:46 AM · #6
They don't
07/14/2015 04:40:52 AM · #7
This ain't a rant thread! I found that owl pretty funny, seemed to me like a DPC voter looking at an image before he votes. There is no offensive reason at all.

Why everyone always just jump, role their eyes and go "ah, another rant thread... When will this end?"

can't you just enjoy the idea and participate?

07/14/2015 05:42:30 AM · #8
Did you take this owl, Focuspoint?
This is a superb shot
07/14/2015 06:39:49 AM · #9
' . substr('//www.billsexcellentbusinessblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Head-up-your-ass.jpg', strrpos('//www.billsexcellentbusinessblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Head-up-your-ass.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
07/14/2015 07:04:28 AM · #10


Message edited by author 2015-07-15 11:58:08.
07/14/2015 08:21:41 AM · #11
Originally posted by GeorgesBogaert:

Did you take this owl, Focuspoint?
This is a superb shot


Actually no... To post a photo here you don't have to own the photo... It's a very fun concept I thought people just love to share their views :)
07/14/2015 08:30:40 AM · #12
So the image that has your name to it is not yours ?

Not sure this is in the spirit of the site

Message edited by author 2015-07-14 08:31:38.
07/14/2015 10:12:50 AM · #13
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/120000-124999/120171/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1160407.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/120000-124999/120171/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1160407.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

The ones that are clearly DNMC
07/14/2015 10:16:14 AM · #14
Originally posted by Jon_H:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/120000-124999/120171/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1160407.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/120000-124999/120171/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1160407.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

The ones that are clearly DNMC


Lol
07/14/2015 11:04:32 AM · #15
Originally posted by Jon_H:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/120000-124999/120171/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1160407.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/120000-124999/120171/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1160407.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

The ones that are clearly DNMC


Very funny :)))
07/14/2015 11:58:17 AM · #16
A rollercoaster at times and then... ' . substr('//imageshack.com/a/img673/6248/l92HzQ.gif', strrpos('//imageshack.com/a/img673/6248/l92HzQ.gif', '/') + 1) . '

Message edited by author 2015-07-14 11:58:27.
07/14/2015 12:03:05 PM · #17
Originally posted by Techo:

A rollercoaster at times and then... ' . substr('//imageshack.com/a/img673/6248/l92HzQ.gif', strrpos('//imageshack.com/a/img673/6248/l92HzQ.gif', '/') + 1) . '


You know what's funny about this... Sometimes late night... I don't remember how did I get to the last image when I vote :-P
07/14/2015 08:06:42 PM · #18
Pretty much as they please... ;-).

Well... It is their vote.

However, that being said, I consider technical, creativity, the challenge, and personal preferences.

I seldom vote 1, as in I'm not sure if ever, buy not in years at least. The image would have to be horrible on all counts, and not meet challenge.

At the same time, I think the challenge is important. It's why they call them challenges. I would not vote you a 1, but you would not see a 10 from me. If it was an overall amazing image, that I personally loved but was shoehorned in, you might get lucky and get a 9. At the very best. Meet the challenge fully, unless it is a tasteless mess, you will get a 3 or 4, at least.

There rest of all y'all (yes that's incorrect usage) are welcome to vote however you please. I may not like your vote, but it's yours and I won't argue.
07/14/2015 10:03:37 PM · #19
Originally posted by ambaker:

Pretty much as they please... ;-).

Well... It is their vote.

However, that being said, I consider technical, creativity, the challenge, and personal preferences.

I seldom vote 1, as in I'm not sure if ever, buy not in years at least. The image would have to be horrible on all counts, and not meet challenge.

At the same time, I think the challenge is important. It's why they call them challenges. I would not vote you a 1, but you would not see a 10 from me. If it was an overall amazing image, that I personally loved but was shoehorned in, you might get lucky and get a 9. At the very best. Meet the challenge fully, unless it is a tasteless mess, you will get a 3 or 4, at least.

There rest of all y'all (yes that's incorrect usage) are welcome to vote however you please. I may not like your vote, but it's yours and I won't argue.
one more reason why people should make better titles for their threads. hahahaha
07/15/2015 11:25:57 AM · #20
Doh!

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/3936/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1160646.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/3936/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1160646.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
07/15/2015 11:40:03 AM · #21
' . substr('//ayudawordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/homer-simpson-teclado-trabajo-automatico-en-casa-obeso-500x281.jpg', strrpos('//ayudawordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/homer-simpson-teclado-trabajo-automatico-en-casa-obeso-500x281.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/15/2019 04:41:26 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/15/2019 04:41:26 PM EST.