DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Side Challenges and Tournaments >> DPC Hat!-1st Personal Best Score in "Best of 2013"
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 16 of 16, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/23/2014 04:56:30 PM · #1
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' FocusPoint has asked me to continue with the awarding of DPC hats - and I'm honored and pleased to do so, he has graciously provided me with all of the pre-printed hats that were available still.

..

For our first challenge, the highest placing personal best score in the "Best of 2013" challenge will receive a DPC hat.

(Rules: You must meet the above criteria, and must provide me with your mailing address within 48 hours of request, or the next highest placing personal best score may be chosen..)

Let's go DPC!
01/23/2014 06:15:42 PM · #2
Originally posted by Cory:

' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' FocusPoint has asked me to continue with the awarding of DPC hats - and I'm honored and pleased to do so, he has graciously provided me with all of the pre-printed hats that were available still.

..

For our first challenge, the highest placing personal best score in the "Best of 2013" challenge will receive a DPC hat.

(Rules: You must meet the above criteria, and must provide me with your mailing address within 48 hours of request, or the next highest placing personal best score may be chosen..)

Let's go DPC!


This sounds fun! go DPC go!
01/23/2014 06:22:42 PM · #3
awww poop!

Good luck everyone! Beating my PB is hopeless. But what an absolutely marvelous choice!
01/23/2014 09:12:01 PM · #4
Originally posted by vawendy:

awww poop!

Good luck everyone! Beating my PB is hopeless. But what an absolutely marvelous choice!


reminder, February Free Study winner also will get a hat...
01/23/2014 09:44:37 PM · #5
Great idea guys....well done!
01/23/2014 10:26:36 PM · #6
I LOVE THIS IDEA!!

I know I won't ever top my PB... but I love it that SOMEONE will! And... they'll model The Hat for us, I hope!
01/24/2014 12:24:19 AM · #7
A hat, a hat, my Kingdom for a hat!

ie - does anyone know how to bribe ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Cory so I can be in front of this line?
02/10/2014 01:40:27 AM · #8
In the most amazing victory, Dr. Confuser has managed a blue ribbon, a new personal best, and a DPC HAT!

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1869/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1099384.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1869/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1099384.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Clearly you all need to go read his tutorial on that image, because you know you want a DPC Hat! :D

Now, remember, the winner of the February Free Study will get the next Hat! Get after it folks, only 20 days or so to get your best one in if you want a hat.

:D

(Everyone silently thank our dearly departed Leo... May he return among us as Zombie-Leo once again someday. ;) ..... )
02/10/2014 02:30:40 AM · #9
I just beat my PB in the January FS :-(.
Just my luck :)).
03/07/2014 02:00:01 PM · #10
10 hours and we find out who gets the next hat!
03/07/2014 02:46:12 PM · #11
Not me!! I'll never beat my personal best. :)

I can hardly wait to see who wins, though. I'd better go vote on the free study !
03/07/2014 02:50:18 PM · #12
Originally posted by vawendy:

Not me!! I'll never beat my personal best. :)

I can hardly wait to see who wins, though. I'd better go vote on the free study !


Good news!

You only have to win, which is something you do have a habit of.

The PB breaker was only for the "Best of 2013" challenge!
03/07/2014 03:00:57 PM · #13
Originally posted by Cory:

Originally posted by vawendy:

Not me!! I'll never beat my personal best. :)

I can hardly wait to see who wins, though. I'd better go vote on the free study !


Good news!

You only have to win, which is something you do have a habit of.

The PB breaker was only for the "Best of 2013" challenge!


Ah... still not winning, but I think it's an awesome thing! Thanks for taking it over, Cory. And Leo should zombie himself and come back. :)
03/07/2014 03:05:54 PM · #14
I haven't checked but I think I might get my personal best for a Free Study. Is that good for anything except personal satisfaction (which is really enough :) )?

Just checked. I'd forgotten about one.

Message edited by author 2014-03-07 15:30:55.
03/07/2014 03:30:34 PM · #15
Originally posted by nam:

I haven't checked but I think I might get my personal best for a Free Study. Is that good for anything except personal satisfaction (which is really enough :) )?


I'll add you to the next jury if you want. :D
03/08/2014 05:58:04 PM · #16
Originally posted by Cory:

In the most amazing victory, Dr. Confuser has managed a blue ribbon, a new personal best, and a DPC HAT!

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1869/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1099384.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1869/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1099384.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Clearly you all need to go read his tutorial on that image, because you know you want a DPC Hat! :D


Thanks Cory - two items of good news 1) I did not suffer severe frostbite taking the photo; and 2) They're not going to prosecute.

I'll wear the hat proudly!

E.T.A.

My hat just arrived in the mail. Thanks again Cory. I'm wearing it as i type this. The address label cracked me up. It was addressed to:
Mr. Dr. Confuser

Originally posted by Cory:

In the most amazing victory, Dr. Confuser has managed a blue ribbon, a new personal best, and a DPC HAT!

A 'Hat Trick' of sorts ba dum pa!


Message edited by author 2014-03-08 18:51:15.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/15/2019 01:03:44 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/15/2019 01:03:44 AM EST.