DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Current challenge topic bitch and moan thread
Pages:   ... ...
Showing posts 201 - 225 of 630, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/01/2014 03:18:22 AM · #201
I'm surprised it's not Zipper IV.
09/01/2014 11:11:58 AM · #202
ZipperS. I'm going to give anyone entering a single zipper a 1.
09/01/2014 11:28:59 AM · #203
LOL I wonder how many others will be taking it to that level with the S thing

09/01/2014 11:32:08 AM · #204
Originally posted by jgirl57:

LOL I wonder how many others will be taking it to that level with the S thing


This is the bitch and moan thread, dahlink. We're very dramatic in here.
09/01/2014 12:01:57 PM · #205
hehehehehe

bring it on :-))

09/01/2014 12:05:09 PM · #206
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_799460.jpg Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_482507.jpg Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_808707.jpg
09/01/2014 12:39:35 PM · #207
Since the description says feature one or more zippers, one zipper will be enough for me.
09/01/2014 12:54:35 PM · #208
Originally posted by Elaine:

Since the description says feature one or more zippers, one zipper will be enough for me.


pfffft. Who reads challenge descriptions?
10/03/2014 09:23:57 AM · #209
The DPC trends are worrisome. It's very sad.
10/03/2014 10:48:36 AM · #210
Originally posted by hahn23:

The DPC trends are worrisome. It's very sad.

What, Candid VIII? It's political season, what else you gonna do?
10/03/2014 11:18:07 AM · #211
there you go, get a picture of someone in an election shaking a baby or kissing hands and you're guaranteed a ribbon. ;)
10/03/2014 11:56:33 AM · #212
Originally posted by RyanW:

there you go, get a picture of someone in an election shaking a baby or kissing hands and you're guaranteed a ribbon. ;)

A candid photo of a politician kissing a panda bear in another artist's style, perhaps. It could meet any and all current challenges, but would be voted down and receive strange comments from bagheads.
10/03/2014 01:58:26 PM · #213
Originally posted by hahn23:

... receive strange comments from bagheads.

What could be better than that?! :-)
10/03/2014 03:06:30 PM · #214
Originally posted by hahn23:

... receive strange comments from bagheads.


Hey, hey, hey! I resemble that remark!!!
10/03/2014 08:28:16 PM · #215
Originally posted by tanguera:

Originally posted by hahn23:

... receive strange comments from bagheads.


Hey, hey, hey! I resemble that remark!!!


If the bag fits...
10/04/2014 11:57:05 AM · #216
Hahn,
I'm sure Fall Colors is coming up soon... ;-)

Although i agree the recent streak of people - focused challenges is off-putting (assuming that a good "in the style of oldriew" challenge entery will have a person or parts of a person in it)
10/04/2014 12:39:38 PM · #217
I shoot candids almost exclusively as a matter of style. I go on vacation and get sunsets and all sorts of other stuff and I get nursery rhymes, in-the-style-of, nurseries and freakin' candids. This place pisses me off constantly.
10/04/2014 12:51:31 PM · #218
Originally posted by backdoorhippie:

I shoot candids almost exclusively as a matter of style. I go on vacation and get sunsets and all sorts of other stuff and I get nursery rhymes, in-the-style-of, nurseries and freakin' candids. This place pisses me off constantly.

I'm sure you could process one of those into a 'style of' entry and do a composite with saturated colors and whimsy for the nursery one...
10/04/2014 01:12:25 PM · #219
Originally posted by mefnj:

Hahn,
I'm sure Fall Colors is coming up soon... ;-)

Although i agree the recent streak of people - focused challenges is off-putting (assuming that a good "in the style of oldriew" challenge entery will have a person or parts of a person in it)


Almost too late for fall colors so soon may not work..... White challenge will probably be next before everything turns white!
10/04/2014 01:24:23 PM · #220
Originally posted by mefnj:

Hahn,
I'm sure Fall Colors is coming up soon... ;-)

Although i agree the recent streak of people - focused challenges is off-putting (assuming that a good "in the style of oldriew" challenge entery will have a person or parts of a person in it)


Not sure what streak of people-focused challenges you're referring to?

The list of recent challenges are:

Abstract Macro
Sailing to Byzantium
Zippers
Shadows
Propaganda
Skyscape
Right Angles
Woody
Organic Geometry
Water
Food in B&W
Edges
Camera Phone
Nursery Rhyme Characters

In current challenges only 2/3 that are people-focussed. I'd hardly consider this any genuine streak. But each to their own.

Message edited by author 2014-10-05 08:46:25.
10/04/2014 11:06:15 PM · #221
Originally posted by MadMan2k:

Originally posted by backdoorhippie:

I shoot candids almost exclusively as a matter of style. I go on vacation and get sunsets and all sorts of other stuff and I get nursery rhymes, in-the-style-of, nurseries and freakin' candids. This place pisses me off constantly.

I'm sure you could process one of those into a 'style of' entry and do a composite with saturated colors and whimsy for the nursery one...


Of course I could - adapting what I shoot normally is what I wind up doing for 90% of the challenges. It's just that I finally have an opportunity to shoot something that would more easily fit most of the challenges I've been adapting for and now you give me things that I'm NOT shooting this week but would be almost every other week. Like I said, maddening.
10/04/2014 11:14:50 PM · #222
Originally posted by backdoorhippie:

Of course I could - adapting what I shoot normally is what I wind up doing for 90% of the challenges. It's just that I finally have an opportunity to shoot something that would more easily fit most of the challenges I've been adapting for and now you give me things that I'm NOT shooting this week but would be almost every other week. Like I said, maddening.

You're singing my song, dude. I just learned to adapt. So can you. Remember your Nietzsche :-)
10/05/2014 05:56:10 AM · #223
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by backdoorhippie:

Of course I could - adapting what I shoot normally is what I wind up doing for 90% of the challenges. It's just that I finally have an opportunity to shoot something that would more easily fit most of the challenges I've been adapting for and now you give me things that I'm NOT shooting this week but would be almost every other week. Like I said, maddening.

You're singing my song, dude. I just learned to adapt. So can you. Remember your Nietzsche :-)


Oh, I've adapted. I'm just doing what the topic tells me to do. ;)
10/05/2014 11:09:05 AM · #224
Originally posted by backdoorhippie:

Of course I could - adapting what I shoot normally is what I wind up doing for 90% of the challenges. It's just that I finally have an opportunity to shoot something that would more easily fit most of the challenges I've been adapting for and now you give me things that I'm NOT shooting this week but would be almost every other week. Like I said, maddening.


I hear ya! I can't tell you how many potential ribbon-winning images were shot about an before the challenge was announced...
10/10/2014 06:40:24 AM · #225
sigh, this place has become a joke.
Pages:   ... ...
Current Server Time: 09/19/2018 07:38:31 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2018 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/19/2018 07:38:31 AM EDT.