DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Current challenge topic bitch and moan thread
Pages:   ...
Showing posts 526 - 550 of 630, (reverse)
AuthorThread
03/10/2018 05:36:42 AM · #526
Originally posted by LoVi:

I paused so many times trying to figure out how the entries related to the topic

Description: Make of it what you will.

It's an extended editing free study that allowed archive photos (no date restrictions). The title would suggest that the boundaries of editing should be pushed "to oblivion", so I would rate ones high that do that AND are appealing to me. But that's just my take on it. Be thankful you didn't vote on the "horribly painted faces" or "so bad, it's good" challenges. ;-)

No drink for me. Wagon. or Lent. or Doctor's orders. or Court ordered. or ___________.
03/10/2018 02:09:49 PM · #527
... (un)common sense, Artemus...
03/11/2018 09:50:23 AM · #528
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Originally posted by LoVi:

I paused so many times trying to figure out how the entries related to the topic

Description: Make of it what you will.

It's an extended editing free study that allowed archive photos (no date restrictions). The title would suggest that the boundaries of editing should be pushed "to oblivion", so I would rate ones high that do that AND are appealing to me.

doesn't say nuffin about editing - could be any kind of pushing to oblivion - there are so many examples these days
03/11/2018 02:49:13 PM · #529
Originally posted by skewsme:

doesn't say nuffin about editing - could be any kind of pushing to oblivion - there are so many examples these days

Good point.
03/12/2018 11:50:01 AM · #530
Originally posted by skewsme:

Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Originally posted by LoVi:

I paused so many times trying to figure out how the entries related to the topic

Description: Make of it what you will.

It's an extended editing free study that allowed archive photos (no date restrictions). The title would suggest that the boundaries of editing should be pushed "to oblivion", so I would rate ones high that do that AND are appealing to me.

doesn't say nuffin about editing - could be any kind of pushing to oblivion - there are so many examples these days


I think "Description: Make of it what you will." is pretty obvious:)
06/13/2018 02:41:42 AM · #531
*Bump* because nobody's bitched or moaned about a challenge topic in several months. Surely there must be some complaints. If not, go ahead and complain about the fact that I called you Shirley.
06/13/2018 05:10:19 AM · #532
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

*Bump* because nobody's bitched or moaned about a challenge topic in several months. Surely there must be some complaints. If not, go ahead and complain about the fact that I called you Shirley.


I'll bitch and moan!! I have a marvelous shot and the challenges are wayyyyy too specific - so there's absolutely nowhere in which to Shoehorn! We need some generic challenges again!

And don't call me Shirley!
06/13/2018 05:25:37 AM · #533
Originally posted by vawendy:


I'll bitch and moan!! I have a marvelous shot and the challenges are wayyyyy too specific - so there's absolutely nowhere in which to Shoehorn!


Roll on Free study!
06/13/2018 06:26:13 AM · #534
Originally posted by vawendy:

...so there's absolutely nowhere in which to Shoehorn! We need some generic challenges again!

Shirley, you must be joking. I can't count how many top ten finishes in any given challenge were what I would consider shoehorns. The key is the title - it is your shoehorn. You need to get creative. :)
06/20/2018 12:16:50 AM · #535
Hotel California. What the hell does that mean? Does that mean it is "Eagles" themed, or just based on HC album tracks? Or is it a free study with a shoe-horned name to get zombie-members like me back at it?
06/20/2018 12:31:20 AM · #536
Originally posted by basssman7:

Hotel California. What the hell does that mean? Does that mean it is "Eagles" themed, or just based on HC album tracks? Or is it a free study with a shoe-horned name to get zombie-members like me back at it?

Well, it's whatever you'd like it to be, it's a throwback sorta thing, but the riff is that all these old-timers flooding back in THOUGHT they'd checked out, but they6 never really left :-)
06/20/2018 02:20:08 AM · #537
I thought it was a hoot. :)

But BAGS!?!!?
06/20/2018 03:03:02 AM · #538
Originally posted by vawendy:

I thought it was a hoot. :)

But BAGS!?!!?


Does this refer to Wimmin ? ie as colloqually " Old Bag " as in elderly and nosy?
06/20/2018 03:51:10 AM · #539
dissapointed at no right feet but it is dpc haha
06/20/2018 03:54:37 AM · #540
eh ?
06/20/2018 01:12:11 PM · #541
Originally posted by Tiny:

eh ?


No one submitted a right foot in the left foot challenge remember the days of the b/w pics in the Color red challenges etc
06/20/2018 01:31:00 PM · #542
Originally posted by vawendy:

I thought it was a hoot. :)

But BAGS!?!!?

If you're trying to check out, you must have baggage, right? Roll with it, it's just silly season before DPL4 goes off. Or do you want us to waste one of the great topics on a warm-up round? :-)
06/20/2018 01:34:15 PM · #543
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by vawendy:

I thought it was a hoot. :)

But BAGS!?!!?

If you're trying to check out, you must have baggage, right? Roll with it, it's just silly season before DPL4 goes off. Or do you want us to waste one of the great topics on a warm-up round? :-)


Oooh! Very good point!! Get all the dumb topics out of your system, now. :)
06/20/2018 01:47:51 PM · #544
Originally posted by vawendy:

Get all the dumb topics out of your system, now. :)

May I point out that this topic was a relatively recent suggestion by a long-time DPC member in response to complaints about the topics of the time ... probably 95% of the topics we use are likewise user suggestions -- feel free to suggest better topics. :-)
06/20/2018 04:18:40 PM · #545
Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by vawendy:

Get all the dumb topics out of your system, now. :)

May I point out that this topic was a relatively recent suggestion by a long-time DPC member in response to complaints about the topics of the time ... probably 95% of the topics we use are likewise user suggestions -- feel free to suggest better topics. :-)


Nope. You may not. ;)

You know my suggestions -- but no one ever picks from my list...

1. Squirrels
2. Squirrels eating pasta
3. Squirrels hanging laundry.
4. Egrets
5. Red+headed daughters (although that ones not that accessible anymore)
06/20/2018 06:09:02 PM · #546
Originally posted by vawendy:


You know my suggestions -- but no one ever picks from my list...

1. Squirrels
2. Squirrels eating pasta
3. Squirrels hanging laundry.
4. Egrets
5. Red+headed daughters (although that ones not that accessible anymore)


Please add Moriarty - both, feline and human
06/21/2018 12:26:52 AM · #547
Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by vawendy:

Get all the dumb topics out of your system, now. :)

May I point out that this topic was a relatively recent suggestion by a long-time DPC member in response to complaints about the topics of the time ... probably 95% of the topics we use are likewise user suggestions -- feel free to suggest better topics. :-)


Nope. You may not. ;)

You know my suggestions -- but no one ever picks from my list...

1. Squirrels
2. Squirrels eating pasta
3. Squirrels hanging laundry.
4. Egrets
5. Red+headed daughters (although that ones not that accessible anymore)


What about a bag eating a squirrel?
06/21/2018 07:42:51 AM · #548
Originally posted by jomari:

Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by vawendy:

Get all the dumb topics out of your system, now. :)

May I point out that this topic was a relatively recent suggestion by a long-time DPC member in response to complaints about the topics of the time ... probably 95% of the topics we use are likewise user suggestions -- feel free to suggest better topics. :-)


Nope. You may not. ;)

You know my suggestions -- but no one ever picks from my list...

1. Squirrels
2. Squirrels eating pasta
3. Squirrels hanging laundry.
4. Egrets
5. Red+headed daughters (although that ones not that accessible anymore)


What about a bag eating a squirrel?


I was saving that for dpl!!
06/21/2018 11:29:43 PM · #549
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

*Bump* because nobody's bitched or moaned about a challenge topic in several months. Surely there must be some complaints. If not, go ahead and complain about the fact that I called you Shirley.


Oh crap! You're right!

I've forgotten to bitch and moan.

I'm so very sorry. I'm on it now, though!

Thank you, Art. ;) You're a good sort for reminding me. :D

<3 <3 <3

06/22/2018 05:14:58 PM · #550
Originally posted by Lydia:

I've forgotten to bitch and moan.

Shirley, you must be joking.
Pages:   ...
Current Server Time: 09/19/2018 07:58:40 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2018 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/19/2018 07:58:40 AM EDT.