DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Just finished rating Framed...
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 32, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/04/2004 08:36:35 PM · #1
...and there were a lot of excellent shots. I still need to go back and do my commenting yet. Am I alone in giving out quite a few high scores, or is this going to be a high-scoring challenge? Nice work everyone! :)
09/04/2004 08:39:14 PM · #2
It better not be *too* high.. cause I'm getting torn apart.
09/04/2004 08:48:25 PM · #3
Originally posted by Artyste:

It better not be *too* high.. cause I'm getting torn apart.


That's too bad. Never know how people on here will vote :) Usually the ones I think will do well end up doing badly, and the ones I think will bomb do well. Go figure :)
09/04/2004 08:50:08 PM · #4
Originally posted by Artyste:

It better not be *too* high.. cause I'm getting torn apart.


Amen...Although as long as the winning pics have an average of about 4.8, I should ribbon!

;0)
09/04/2004 08:51:37 PM · #5
Originally posted by mocabela:

Originally posted by Artyste:

It better not be *too* high.. cause I'm getting torn apart.


That's too bad. Never know how people on here will vote :) Usually the ones I think will do well end up doing badly, and the ones I think will bomb do well. Go figure :)


I know! I'm very proud of my photograph, no matter how it places. So that's good.
09/04/2004 08:54:59 PM · #6
I keep going down. I've hovered at a high number, and I've lost .2 today
same with fairy tales.
09/04/2004 09:01:59 PM · #7
Originally posted by ericlimon:

I keep going down. I've hovered at a high number, and I've lost .2 today
same with fairy tales.


I didn't enter the Fairy Tales challenge, but my Framing entry's bouncing all over still. I'll lose .2 and gain it back, then lose another .2 and so on. I'm down about .2 since yesterday, but it's still higher than I expected - and will be even if it drops half a point. That said, my score's not what I'd call high, hehe.
09/04/2004 09:11:31 PM · #8
Originally posted by Artyste:

It better not be *too* high.. cause I'm getting torn apart.

Me too ... plus for a moment I mis-read the the title of this thread as "Just finished ranting Framed" : (
09/04/2004 09:23:45 PM · #9
Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by Artyste:

It better not be *too* high.. cause I'm getting torn apart.

Me too ... plus for a moment I mis-read the the title of this thread as "Just finished ranting Framed" : (

I keep telling myself that I'll never get another sub-5, ...then it happens. Arrrrrghh!!
09/04/2004 10:11:46 PM · #10
Aarrgh.. what is this.. night of the voting nazis?

I've dropped .3 points in a 1/2 hour!

my photograph honestly isn't *that* bad. :)
09/04/2004 11:50:10 PM · #11
I pray to the photography gods that the last hundred or so voters all give my shot a 10!

...cause it's gonna take either that or a defribbulator (sp?) to end up with a decent score...hehehe
09/04/2004 11:58:34 PM · #12
Originally posted by Artyste:

Aarrgh.. what is this.. night of the voting nazis?

I've dropped .3 points in a 1/2 hour!

my photograph honestly isn't *that* bad. :)


I've been hit real hard in the last couple of hours also. "voting nazis" I like that term.
09/04/2004 11:58:57 PM · #13
i gave a few tens
09/05/2004 12:01:50 AM · #14
voting nazis...hehehe

like seinfeld

(in a cheesy german accent) "No more votes for YOU!!!"
09/05/2004 12:55:24 AM · #15
Wheeee... commenting sure does take a long time. I usually don't comment, as I don't see myself as having enough knowledge to give advice or opinions, but I'm trying my hand at it this time around. I'm having trouble just getting to 10% - I'm in awe of those who manage to make so many comments. Wow.
09/05/2004 12:57:49 AM · #16
Originally posted by mocabela:

Wheeee... commenting sure does take a long time. I usually don't comment, as I don't see myself as having enough knowledge to give advice or opinions, but I'm trying my hand at it this time around. I'm having trouble just getting to 10% - I'm in awe of those who manage to make so many comments. Wow.


I average about 30% in commenting.. and that's enough for me. Most shots are usually the.. "I'd like to say something, but.. nothing is jumping to mind".. so I'll leave them. Once in awhile I'll remember a particular shot and go back though. One trick is to review your votes every day (just put a half-hour aside for it), and see if a shot suddenly inspires you to comment if you hadn't before.
09/05/2004 02:20:45 AM · #17
Originally posted by mocabela:

Usually the ones I think will do well end up doing badly, and the ones I think will bomb do well. Go figure :)


No kidding! Me too.

Thanks for the comment and the 10 by the way :)
(my photos at 5.4 right now)
09/05/2004 02:24:00 AM · #18
Originally posted by JPR:

Originally posted by mocabela:

Usually the ones I think will do well end up doing badly, and the ones I think will bomb do well. Go figure :)


No kidding! Me too.

Thanks for the comment and the 10 by the way :)
(my photos at 5.4 right now)


Wow. I am 99.9% sure I know which one is yours (funny how you learn people's styles), and if I'm right and you're sitting at 5.4, all I can say is.. pfffft. I loved every one of my 10s and can't believe any of them would be under 6.5.
09/05/2004 02:26:34 AM · #19
Originally posted by mocabela:


I loved every one of my 10s and can't believe any of them would be under 6.5.


That's how I always feel. Thanks for the support!
09/05/2004 02:37:20 AM · #20
my entry is scoring right where I thought it would. But only 2 comments and one was useless, thatís the lowest yet. I couldn't care about the score I was just hoping for a little more feedback.....
09/05/2004 02:41:16 AM · #21
Originally posted by DarkRider:

my entry is scoring right where I thought it would. But only 2 comments and one was useless, that’s the lowest yet. I couldn't care about the score I was just hoping for a little more feedback.....


I was hoping for a little more feedback myself, but I got one comment that was absolutely fantastic, and made up for 10 or 20 missing ones, so that was wonderful.
09/06/2004 01:30:48 AM · #22
Whew... I only just finished voting (slow 28.8 makes things difficult!).

Wow... I gave out three 10's and a half dozen 9's and lots of 8's. I don't think I gave out anything as low as a 3 on this challenge. There were a lot of amazing pictures to choose from!

09/06/2004 01:43:58 AM · #23
this is my first challenge what kinda score is considered decent around here for an average? I guess i must be stingy with voting cuz i only gave 1 10 and a couple 9's?
09/06/2004 02:58:58 AM · #24
I only have 11 comments. Not surprised, though, as the shot is pretty unremarkable.
09/06/2004 03:16:54 AM · #25
Originally posted by mocabela:

I only have 11 comments. Not surprised, though, as the shot is pretty unremarkable.
Only 11???? Man, I have 2 and got 4 on the previous challenge!!!
You're in no position to complain girl :P
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/05/2020 12:56:32 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/05/2020 12:56:32 AM EST.