DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Photography Discussion >> Supermoon timelapse with single battery. Possible?
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 17 of 17, (reverse)
AuthorThread
06/23/2013 02:35:18 AM · #1
Hi All,

Planning to shoot the super-moon as timelapse with my newly bought Nikon D600. I have no extra battery with me. Will only one battery be sufficient to run for an hour? Since the I bought the camera yesterday only, have no idea about the battery life. Any one with experience?

Thanks,
Naufal

---------------
Edited after the shoot. Finally shot the time-lapse video. Its here.

Message edited by author 2013-06-25 07:43:12.
06/23/2013 03:18:14 AM · #2
Originally posted by mqnaufal:

Hi All,

Planning to shoot the super-moon as timelapse with my newly bought Nikon D600. I have no extra battery with me. Will only one battery be sufficient to run for an hour? Since the I bought the camera yesterday only, have no idea about the battery life. Any one with experience?

Thanks,
Naufal


For an hour of course :)
06/23/2013 03:24:03 AM · #3
Is it going to be a 1-hour shutter speed? Or multiple exposures at shorter shutter speeds?
06/23/2013 03:30:02 AM · #4
ETA: D600 has also a feature that allows you to do a time-lapse on camera
06/23/2013 03:53:40 AM · #5
Originally posted by ecmguy:

Is it going to be a 1-hour shutter speed? Or multiple exposures at shorter shutter speeds?


No, not 1-hour shutter speed. Of course multiple shots with interval.
06/23/2013 03:55:05 AM · #6
Originally posted by Alexkc:

ETA: D600 has also a feature that allows you to do a time-lapse on camera


Yeah, Its there. Last night I created 2 sec video ;) Its great option.
06/23/2013 04:17:19 AM · #7
I think you have plenty of battery for that, then. Hope it turns out well!
06/23/2013 04:29:57 AM · #8
Originally posted by mqnaufal:

Originally posted by Alexkc:

ETA: D600 has also a feature that allows you to do a time-lapse on camera


Yeah, Its there. Last night I created 2 sec video ;) Its great option.


I found out a small problem with on camera time lapse (for me it's not a big issue, but I wanted to show you that): when you create your video it is not very 'still'. I don't know if it depends on the stabilization of my Tamron, so if you can, make a few tries. I can't do further tries because I sent it to Nikon. It had an awful problem about changing the shutter speed (probably a problem on the camera software). Hope you will be more luckier than me with this camera :)
06/23/2013 06:12:54 AM · #9
Originally posted by ecmguy:

I think you have plenty of battery for that, then. Hope it turns out well!

Thanx.

06/23/2013 06:15:45 AM · #10
Originally posted by Alexkc:



I found out a small problem with on camera time lapse (for me it's not a big issue, but I wanted to show you that): when you create your video it is not very 'still'. I don't know if it depends on the stabilization of my Tamron, so if you can, make a few tries. I can't do further tries because I sent it to Nikon. It had an awful problem about changing the shutter speed (probably a problem on the camera software). Hope you will be more luckier than me with this camera :)


Oh sad to know that problem. Is it during using the built-in timelpase option?
06/23/2013 12:11:05 PM · #11
Originally posted by mqnaufal:

Originally posted by Alexkc:



I found out a small problem with on camera time lapse (for me it's not a big issue, but I wanted to show you that): when you create your video it is not very 'still'. I don't know if it depends on the stabilization of my Tamron, so if you can, make a few tries. I can't do further tries because I sent it to Nikon. It had an awful problem about changing the shutter speed (probably a problem on the camera software). Hope you will be more luckier than me with this camera :)


Oh sad to know that problem. Is it during using the built-in timelpase option?


Nope, don't worry :)
06/24/2013 02:50:15 AM · #12
Yess!! Finally I've done it. Here it is.

Feel free to comment on the work. :)

Message edited by author 2013-06-24 02:50:44.
06/24/2013 03:04:03 AM · #13
Hey, great work!

Thanks for sharing.
06/24/2013 04:27:41 AM · #14
Cool
06/24/2013 02:04:32 PM · #15
Thanks guys
06/24/2013 02:17:20 PM · #16
Nice. So how many frames did you shoot and how often?
06/25/2013 07:41:39 AM · #17
Originally posted by MinsoPhoto:

Nice. So how many frames did you shoot and how often?


Oh yeah, the setting is like this:
Manual mode, 30fps, f/11, 2 sec, ISO-200, interval: 3 sec, total shoot time 80 mintues. I think the total number of shot will come around 1200(approximately). I used the built-in 'Time-lapse photography' option in Nikon D600. And yeah shot as JPEG.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 04/06/2020 05:16:19 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 04/06/2020 05:16:19 AM EDT.