DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Bear_Music for Site Council
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 217, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/02/2012 03:40:28 PM · #26
Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by slickchik:

Originally posted by K10DGuy:

Only if he replaced 17203.gif scalvert


What does this mean? :)

It means 31.gif K10DGuy just violated Forum Rules 11-14 ...


Yah, hardly.
09/02/2012 03:44:20 PM · #27
Originally posted by sfalice:

snip.... elected/drafted/selected snip


...sentenced?
09/02/2012 04:03:56 PM · #28
Originally posted by FourPointX:

Originally posted by sfalice:

snip.... elected/drafted/selected snip


...sentenced?

That's exactly what happened in my case ... :-(
09/02/2012 04:19:55 PM · #29
Robert joined the site the same year as I did. He has always been a vocal and enthusiastic member here, many people can state times he has helped them and often he has voiced his measured and probably wise opinions.

At first I thought he was just another 'I know everything, I can solve everything as I have done everything' kind of person. Sometimes I still feel that way, but I realised that he says what he does because he genuinely wants to help others.

If he became SC would that affect what he has done here for almost 9 years? Would his manner become more distant and official? He has a broad knowledge on many topics and I think he needs to carefully consider this before making any decisions.

There is no doubt he can do SC duties very efficiently. But he must avoid making a decision due to public pressure. With so many calling for him to step up, is this going to become a reverse witch-hunt where Robert eventually feels he has to step up due to pressure from members?

Let him decide for himself.
09/02/2012 04:23:21 PM · #30
Bear for president, obvious choice.
09/02/2012 04:30:08 PM · #31
Originally posted by SteveJ:

Robert joined the site the same year as I did. He has always been a vocal and enthusiastic member here, many people can state times he has helped them and often he has voiced his measured and probably wise opinions.

At first I thought he was just another 'I know everything, I can solve everything as I have done everything' kind of person. Sometimes I still feel that way, but I realised that he says what he does because he genuinely wants to help others.

If he became SC would that affect what he has done here for almost 9 years? Would his manner become more distant and official? He has a broad knowledge on many topics and I think he needs to carefully consider this before making any decisions.

There is no doubt he can do SC duties very efficiently. But he must avoid making a decision due to public pressure. With so many calling for him to step up, is this going to become a reverse witch-hunt where Robert eventually feels he has to step up due to pressure from members?

Let him decide for himself.


He already has.
09/02/2012 04:32:12 PM · #32
Originally posted by Cory:

Originally posted by SteveJ:

Robert joined the site the same year as I did. He has always been a vocal and enthusiastic member here, many people can state times he has helped them and often he has voiced his measured and probably wise opinions.

At first I thought he was just another 'I know everything, I can solve everything as I have done everything' kind of person. Sometimes I still feel that way, but I realised that he says what he does because he genuinely wants to help others.

If he became SC would that affect what he has done here for almost 9 years? Would his manner become more distant and official? He has a broad knowledge on many topics and I think he needs to carefully consider this before making any decisions.

There is no doubt he can do SC duties very efficiently. But he must avoid making a decision due to public pressure. With so many calling for him to step up, is this going to become a reverse witch-hunt where Robert eventually feels he has to step up due to pressure from members?

Let him decide for himself.


He already has.


Then this thread is surplus to requirements?
09/02/2012 04:33:14 PM · #33
Meh. He ain't all that....
09/02/2012 04:39:04 PM · #34
Originally posted by SteveJ:



Then this thread is surplus to requirements?


i'll let the OP speak for himself, but i can at least explain my reasons for adding my own +1 earlier.

this thread is hopefully an attempt to make the sc, and more importantly, langdon, notice that a change is needed. there's been dwindling membership before, and there's been bad feelings in the forums before (at least in my 3+ years) but this is the first time i remember the two converging.

that's why i added my +1.
09/02/2012 04:45:30 PM · #35
Well, he is a member here I can truly say "I like and respect that guy". I wouldn't want that to change. That said, he is certainly qualified.
09/02/2012 05:08:10 PM · #36
Originally posted by FourPointX:

Originally posted by SteveJ:



Then this thread is surplus to requirements?


i'll let the OP speak for himself, but i can at least explain my reasons for adding my own +1 earlier.

this thread is hopefully an attempt to make the sc, and more importantly, langdon, notice that a change is needed. there's been dwindling membership before, and there's been bad feelings in the forums before (at least in my 3+ years) but this is the first time i remember the two converging.

that's why i added my +1.


You may as well have spoken for me.

That's exactly my reasoning, and I really would like to see this happen.
09/02/2012 05:25:44 PM · #37
I sure hope this happens or my hour long hunger strike will be for nothing. :(
09/02/2012 05:49:22 PM · #38
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

I sure hope this happens or my hour long hunger strike will be for nothing. :(


I'm about to grill up some scallops; wanna come over and break your fast?

As for the rest of it, I'm touched at the show of support and all, but in the end Site Council will do what they think's in the site's best interest, and I doubt any public acclamation such as this will factor into their thinking.

I do appreciate all the kind words. And I'd be happy to serve if I were ever asked to.
09/02/2012 05:52:39 PM · #39
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

I sure hope this happens or my hour long hunger strike will be for nothing. :(


I'm about to grill up some scallops; wanna come over and break your fast?

Thanks, but I already broke it - it was only an hour. ;-)

Originally posted by Bear_Music:

I doubt any public acclamation such as this will factor into their thinking.

Then we should switch to public rioting, burning & pillaging.
09/02/2012 05:58:54 PM · #40
21.gif Art Roflmao for Sergeant at Arms!!

...and Robert for SC!!
09/02/2012 06:15:06 PM · #41
Originally posted by tanguera:

Meh. He ain't all that....

Yeah.........actually, he is.

If you've been fortunate enough to have gained from his tutelage, and his friendship, you'd know that.

He'll even tell you what you don't want to hear, but need to, gently, and with compassion........he's that kind of guy.
09/02/2012 06:18:11 PM · #42
They will never cut the deadwood out - of which there is plenty. I mean, there are some SC who haven't entered a challenge for literally YEARS AND YEARS. Yet they are the one who pass the rules you guys have to abide by in the challenge without any real understanding of the art of photography and how restrictive some of their `ideas` are.

Lets put it this way - if I was to take over the site tomorrow, there are possibly three or four SC who wouldn't get the chop straight away - I can name and shame those who would go, but they know who they are already. Yes, we will hear the same nonsence *whinge*"But they do loads behind the scenes" but for f**ks sake - show us you really love photography and that DPC isnt just an internet `habit` you have. Get behind a camera and start putting some entries into challenges or relinquish your SC badge and become a regular member - no, that wouldn't happen - if you wasn't SC you would of left a long time ago.

Doesn't matter anyway - the site is in its death throes these days.

Rob(bear) for SC - yeah, that would be a good start - but only if he replaces someone.
09/02/2012 06:23:49 PM · #43
The SC is the Supreme Court, the only way a seat opens up is death
09/02/2012 06:27:28 PM · #44
Originally posted by chazoe:

The SC is the Supreme Court, the only way a seat opens up is death

We're willing to do whatever it takes.
09/02/2012 06:27:51 PM · #45
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Originally posted by Bear_Music:

I doubt any public acclamation such as this will factor into their thinking.

Then we should switch to public rioting, burning & pillaging.

About the only form of public rioting we can muster would be for us to all submit blank black photos. We all might get posthumous awards in the process!

Would be perfect for the yes or no challenge. The questions is "will you let Bear in?"

Message edited by author 2012-09-02 18:29:09.
09/02/2012 06:29:35 PM · #46
Simms for Secretary of State. His is the kind of diplomacy the world needs.
09/02/2012 06:39:06 PM · #47
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Simms for Secretary of State. His is the kind of diplomacy the world needs.


They'd be less faffing about - believe me.
09/02/2012 08:13:57 PM · #48
Great! Less faffing about!
09/02/2012 08:14:52 PM · #49
I thought faffing is what it's all about.
09/02/2012 08:15:38 PM · #50
you're thinking of the hokey pokey
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 02/20/2019 02:18:07 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 02/20/2019 02:18:07 PM EST.