DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 27, (reverse)
AuthorThread
08/09/2004 12:09:04 AM · #1
So I'm zooming around the site killing time before the challenge starts for FEET.
Submitted my photo YESTERDAY!
I frickin unsubmitted it by accident just before midnight.
Resubmitted it...about two seconds too late!
I'm dying here. Dying I tell ya.

It was titled "The Kiss".
Comments please.......whilst I frickin cry.
96610.jpg
[/url]

Message edited by author 2004-08-09 00:10:17.
[/url]
08/09/2004 12:12:52 AM · #2
What a shame! Beautiful! I would have givin it a 10 for sure, flawless! I hope you learn something from this :)
08/09/2004 12:13:24 AM · #3
blab.gifOh Randy.... that sucks!!! What a great shot!!! I'm here if you need counseling... You poor, poor man...
08/09/2004 12:14:48 AM · #4
I am beside myself.

First submission with my new Rebel.

Time for a beer.
[/url]
08/09/2004 12:14:55 AM · #5
Great shot. It would have scored very well.
08/09/2004 12:21:10 AM · #6
Would of been a great shot! I like it a lot
08/09/2004 12:24:55 AM · #7
Not to make you feel worse that sucks! However, you manage to take a great shot here and I'm sure yourself and others have enjoyed shooting it and looking at it....
08/09/2004 12:26:29 AM · #8
Ouch. That's a top-10. Waitaminit.... no, it's awful. Probably a 4. Thank goodness you unsubmitted in time.
08/09/2004 12:35:15 AM · #9
DOH!!! I hate it when that happens. I did the same thing myself... missed submitting by seconds that is, but I don't dare post it here because your shot kicks all kinds of butt!! At least you still have a great picture to be proud of and it looks like you've already gotten some favorites for it so "Good On You!!" :-)
08/09/2004 12:35:47 AM · #10
Thats the worst! How did you manage to unsubmit by accident?
08/09/2004 12:40:06 AM · #11
I clicked on the Feet challenges
My subission came up.
I went to click on the thumbnail image but clicked the words
"Unsubmit" underneath it. (Mouse slipped)

sigh.
[/url]
08/09/2004 12:48:43 AM · #12
Originally posted by bongo:

I clicked on the Feet challenges
My subission came up.
I went to click on the thumbnail image but clicked the words
"Unsubmit" underneath it. (Mouse slipped)

sigh.
[/url]


That BITES! Really, there is nothing worse! Sorry, man! No late mouse clicks next time!
08/09/2004 12:52:22 AM · #13
Great shot--I think it was a good candidate for a ribbon! (Sorry, I know you don't want to hear that!)
08/09/2004 01:00:39 AM · #14
To make you feel better, at least you didn't have to listen to folks point out that all they "see are shoes, not feet, and thereby you did not meet the challenge" and therefore feel justified in giving you a one. Or that the carpet is too strong a texture and you should have shot it on hardwood.Or that there are too many B&W reductions in this challenge and you should have realized that would happen before you submitted.
There, feel better? No pointless and critical comments for you! Shame you screwed yourself out of a ribbon IMHO.
08/09/2004 01:05:50 AM · #15
Originally posted by laurielblack:

I'm here if you need counseling...


Laurie, I'm in SERIOUS need of counseling... Some personal time would really help. PM me and I'll make an apointment! :-O
08/09/2004 01:14:40 AM · #16
I"d give it a 10 and predict a ribbon finish for sure...
08/09/2004 01:26:41 AM · #17
Thank you all for the kind words.

On to the next one!

My daughter, (from the Choices photo "Alone") modelled again for me on this picture. She was so pleased to show off her new shoes!!!!!
And......!!! I was able to focus this baby despite an eye infection!!

Sheesh.
Ever go to the Casino and see those people who hit the jackpot on the slot machine with only one coin?
Now I know how it feels.
[/url]

Message edited by author 2004-08-09 01:28:46.
[/url]
08/09/2004 01:29:23 AM · #18
Originally posted by TooCool:

Originally posted by laurielblack:

I'm here if you need counseling...


Laurie, I'm in SERIOUS need of counseling... Some personal time would really help. PM me and I'll make an apointment! :-O


You do need some help, don't you babe! :o)
08/09/2004 01:31:09 AM · #19
O.K.
I'm putting this one on my DPC prints...just for the hell of it.


[/url]
08/09/2004 01:32:22 AM · #20
Originally posted by laurielblack:

You do need some help, don't you babe! :o)


Nothin' that say... a few hours of one on one couldn't help... (holding up my Will work for counseling w/Laurie sign)
08/09/2004 07:32:25 AM · #21
Originally posted by bongo:

So I'm zooming around the site killing time before the challenge starts for FEET.
Submitted my photo YESTERDAY!
I frickin unsubmitted it by accident just before midnight.
Resubmitted it...about two seconds too late!
I'm dying here. Dying I tell ya.

It was titled "The Kiss".
Comments please.......whilst I frickin cry.
96610.jpg
[/url]

[/url]

I'd have to cry too! I would have given it a 9.
There is something about it that I just find appealing.
08/09/2004 08:28:29 AM · #22
Wow ... I've just quickly looked through the Feet photos and this definatelly would have come top 5. In my eyes this is one of the best shots and I think you should keeep that in mind. You don't need other people (voting) to prove that.

Cheers,
Mike
(this going in my favorites)
08/09/2004 01:16:30 PM · #23
You should've been at work anyway! Tee hee.
08/11/2004 06:39:57 AM · #24
Nice.

Makes me wonder what's so different about posting images that missed the deadline to a challenge (during voting), and "asking for feedback" or posting outtakes (during voting)..

Sorry to drag other topics into this thread, but I see no difference between the beasts. Carry on as you were citizens.
08/11/2004 07:08:47 AM · #25
Originally posted by Bran-O-Rama:

Nice.

Makes me wonder what's so different about posting images that missed the deadline to a challenge (during voting), and "asking for feedback" or posting outtakes (during voting)..

Sorry to drag other topics into this thread, but I see no difference between the beasts. Carry on as you were citizens.


I agree with what you are saying but this challenge had closed for submissions. Bob
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 05/20/2019 04:40:04 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 05/20/2019 04:40:04 PM EDT.