DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Hardware and Software >> Now it's official. Canon 5D Mark III announced!
Pages:  
Showing posts 51 - 61 of 61, (reverse)
AuthorThread
03/04/2012 10:37:36 AM · #51
Originally posted by FocusPoint:

Canon 5D Mark III

- Auto focus is faster than 550 horse power Ferrari
- 1,258 AF points, nothing missed on the face to focus, including a piece of meet stuck between her teeth
- ISO 3 million 40 thousand... You sure can take wedding photos, in a closet with no light, either bride and groom wants you there while they're banging or not.
- 100 Frame Per second to see a car flipping in the air and expression of the driver while ejecting from the car... don't miss a millisecond of it
- SHD (Super HD) movie option with AF... Oscar Guaranteed results. On the dial, there is a "Porn" option to avoid sweat on the view finder.
- 67 thousand menu option. You can adjust everything and everything in it with very sensitive measurements... yet, camera does it all for you automatically if you select "A"
- Radar detector. Finally someone thought about that. Just put the camera on your dashboard, and stop those speed tickets.
- WiFi option to send text messages from one camera to any phone.
- 23 inch screen in the back to chimp around much easier.
- Touchscreen image editor. You can get rid of all the hair on her face, before it gets out of the camera.
- Toaster option with Jelly dispenser next to 5 built in memory card holder.
- Comes in 8 colors, including pink and shit color

Remember, they all are thinking about YOU photographers ;)

******************
Sarcasm is not for Canon only, but all new cameras coming out every other month now. This is a pee contest, who can pee farther. Love your current camera and learn how to take good photos instead.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you should take a peek at this....

Oops! Really, Nikon?
03/04/2012 10:47:43 AM · #52
Originally posted by ancientimages:

... Perhaps you should take a peek at this...


Actually I heard that Act Of Valor was filmed with a Canon... however, it's not what I was trying to be sarcastic about. No camera brand but all... First, I am totaly against vido on a DSLR camera, which should be used only for still shoot. but since they made them this way, people take advantage, that's perfectly fine.

I call myself a photographer, not filmographer... I want to learn how to take photos instead of camera deciding what should I do... if anything at all.

give a sample, once they had Word for typing text only, and started to include spell checker and all that, fine... it's like having a DSLR camera with live view option... but, once they included a "Web Designer", which Front Page or other web designer programs for, I disliked it because all that stuff in it, beat the purpose. I never used it anyways, but it was there. Same as video recorder in a DSLR.

I know I can't win this, but I can make points... I sense that some of you feel the same, but want to go with the crowd, accepting new stuff... I don't, or very difficult for me to do. "old fashion", "things were used to" make me feel better inside, I don't have to force myself to like everything comes out new.
03/04/2012 11:04:03 AM · #53
Originally posted by FocusPoint:

Originally posted by ancientimages:

... Perhaps you should take a peek at this...


Actually I heard that Act Of Valor was filmed with a Canon... however, it's not what I was trying to be sarcastic about. No camera brand but all... First, I am totaly against vido on a DSLR camera, which should be used only for still shoot. but since they made them this way, people take advantage, that's perfectly fine.

I call myself a photographer, not filmographer... I want to learn how to take photos instead of camera deciding what should I do... if anything at all.

give a sample, once they had Word for typing text only, and started to include spell checker and all that, fine... it's like having a DSLR camera with live view option... but, once they included a "Web Designer", which Front Page or other web designer programs for, I disliked it because all that stuff in it, beat the purpose. I never used it anyways, but it was there. Same as video recorder in a DSLR.

I know I can't win this, but I can make points... I sense that some of you feel the same, but want to go with the crowd, accepting new stuff... I don't, or very difficult for me to do. "old fashion", "things were used to" make me feel better inside, I don't have to force myself to like everything comes out new.


I think that's a bit of a naive view - many of us will buy new things, not because they are new but because we would get value from the new feature set. Sure, normally we only use a subset of those features, but so what? By including many features, the manufacturer makes its product relevant to a wider range of people (each may only use a fraction of the feature set but together they have broad needs and wants) and as a consequence the greater sales can justify their R&D. Of course, some manufacturers keep it simple, concentrate on 'just the photography' and sell us high quality products that aren't over-complex - but then look at the price of a Leica M9...
03/04/2012 11:14:49 AM · #54
Originally posted by paulbtlw:

...I think that's a bit of a naive view - many of us will buy new things, not because they are new but because we would get value from the new feature set...


If I help my 14 years young son how to spell things, or help a new pro photographer how to adjust their ISO settings and why, I think there is something wrong with the new and improved stuff we're having lately... some of you probably know what I mean, and why I am against the new and improved stuff without understanding and learning the basics. Way too many options mean way too many other things to look at instead of the basics.
03/04/2012 11:27:37 AM · #55
I like old fashioned too. For example I have recently eschewed computers and am now surfing the web on my slide rule.
03/04/2012 11:32:49 AM · #56
Originally posted by Spork99:

I like old fashioned too. For example I have recently eschewed computers and am now surfing the web on my slide rule.


HA!

Some of the improvements I am for, very strongly... Like, ISO, Pixel Resolution, Fast image processors, AF points, Better Metering, durability, new glasses in new lenses... but all goes into basic category with improvements, not adding new items into it.
03/15/2012 07:12:40 PM · #57
Soooo.... am I reading the Canon 5D mark 3 manual correctly? ... From the looks of it, the camera can record HDR *into* a RAW file. Everything I had read previously said that the resultant file would be a jpeg (recording into an 8-bit jpeg certainly *seemed* asinine as an only option, but that's what I was led to believe).

Here's the new manual.

I'm looking at the FAQ on page 183... How do you read it?

----------------edited to add:

oooh, and there's an option in the customization menus, to disable the full time focus drive on lenses like the 85 1.2L when the focus button is held. I can't say how many times I've stuffed up the focus on the 85 because the focus drive stays active on the full time manual focus ring... :-(

Message edited by author 2012-03-15 19:36:02.
03/15/2012 07:50:57 PM · #58
Originally posted by Medoomi:


I'm looking at the FAQ on page 183... How do you read it?


Yep, I read it the same way you did. You get the same image type for multi-image as what you had selected for single image capture... with the exception of SRAW+JPEG or MRAW+JPEG where you get RAW+JPEG.
03/15/2012 07:56:39 PM · #59
Originally posted by kirbic:

Originally posted by Medoomi:


I'm looking at the FAQ on page 183... How do you read it?


Yep, I read it the same way you did. You get the same image type for multi-image as what you had selected for single image capture... with the exception of SRAW+JPEG or MRAW+JPEG where you get RAW+JPEG.


Thanks kirbic... It's definitely raised my expectations of what the mk3 can do. Sounds like they've done most things right this time around...
03/15/2012 10:40:29 PM · #60
One feature I see they have kept is the mysterious "direct print" feature, so you can hook this bad boy up to your home printer and crank out the prints without any messy editing. Has anyone ever used this feature?
03/15/2012 11:48:23 PM · #61
Originally posted by BrennanOB:

One feature I see they have kept is the mysterious "direct print" feature, so you can hook this bad boy up to your home printer and crank out the prints without any messy editing. Has anyone ever used this feature?


I presume that's used by people shooting "events" and offering on-site print sales? I'd have thought swapping cards and downloading was more efficient, but I may be missing something...

R.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 07/04/2020 06:16:41 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 07/04/2020 06:16:41 PM EDT.