DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> After the Party
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 20 of 20, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/25/2012 08:53:23 AM · #1
Is it me, or are there no details for this challenge?
01/25/2012 08:54:23 AM · #2
no details which I think is fine, leaves it more open to interpretation.
01/25/2012 11:42:59 AM · #3
True, I am just not used to seeing nothing there...

Soooo, "After the Party" I went hiking and took a Macro of a pine cone... I guess that still meets the challenge. LOL
01/25/2012 12:22:19 PM · #4
Is this something they do now and then? I thought it was a mistake.
01/25/2012 01:07:08 PM · #5
It's pretty much an open challenge....It leaves almost everything up in the air
01/25/2012 01:12:10 PM · #6
Well, I think it's because the title is pretty self-explanatory. Leo, you can shoot a pinecone if you'd like, but unless you can tie it somehow to a party...

The part that can be interpreted, to my mind, is what sort of party it was. Frat party? Baby christening? Office Xmas party? Graduation? Wedding? Super bowl???
01/25/2012 01:14:06 PM · #7
Originally posted by sinistral_leo:

True, I am just not used to seeing nothing there...

Soooo, "After the Party" I went hiking and took a Macro of a pine cone... I guess that still meets the challenge. LOL


Thats what all the famous rappers do after the party...
01/25/2012 01:56:37 PM · #8
Is it me, or is this challenge weak of creativity?

Weak, or just more challenging?

I dunno, not a big fan... I guess I need to source some friends and have a party.
01/25/2012 02:08:09 PM · #9
Originally posted by tanguera:

Well, I think it's because the title is pretty self-explanatory. Leo, you can shoot a pinecone if you'd like, but unless you can tie it somehow to a party...

The part that can be interpreted, to my mind, is what sort of party it was. Frat party? Baby christening? Office Xmas party? Graduation? Wedding? Super bowl???


I was being sarcastic :-\
01/25/2012 02:38:12 PM · #10
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' littlemav should be a shoo-in for this one...

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1511/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_992935.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1511/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_992935.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

But couldn't Langdon have waited a week, until the Superbowl?

R.
01/25/2012 03:05:45 PM · #11
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' littlemav should be a shoo-in for this one...

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1511/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_992935.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1511/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_992935.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

But couldn't Langdon have waited a week, until the Superbowl?

R.


Oh Dear Lord, if I could only use smell-a-vision!!! ROFLMAO
01/25/2012 03:48:37 PM · #12
no... no smell-a-vision... but i know i wont be entering this one.
01/25/2012 03:57:06 PM · #13
Originally posted by sinistral_leo:

I was being sarcastic :-\


Me too :-)
01/25/2012 04:13:08 PM · #14
Originally posted by JamesDowning:

Is it me, or is this challenge weak of creativity?

Weak, or just more challenging?

I dunno, not a big fan... I guess I need to source some friends and have a party.


and following right after the Celebration challenge... BLAH!
01/26/2012 11:43:38 PM · #15
How would you go about titling this challenge?
Should we start it with 'After the party.................." Then fill in the blanks, any ideas?
01/27/2012 10:56:22 AM · #16
Today I woke up with an idea for this...
01/27/2012 04:11:30 PM · #17
I would think extreme blur would do well in this challenge.
01/27/2012 04:25:49 PM · #18
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1506/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_991323.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1506/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_991323.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Looks like I entered this one too early
01/27/2012 04:26:57 PM · #19
shame next month is my 30th and its going to be one hell of a party, although photography skills might not be upto much after it :)
01/27/2012 04:30:23 PM · #20
Originally posted by Giles_uk:

shame next month is my 30th and its going to be one hell of a party, although photography skills might not be upto much after it :)


Congratulations in advance :)
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 01/23/2020 06:43:26 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 01/23/2020 06:43:26 PM EST.