DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Out and About >> TX (and others) - January 14-15 GTG
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 31, (reverse)
AuthorThread
11/09/2011 09:13:24 PM · #1
Ok, since Ken kindly volunteered me to start this thread...here we go!! Let the fun begin!

Regarding the simultaneous GTG thread, it looks like they are choosing January 14-15 to hold the national GTGs.
Was curious if anyone in the TX/LA/OK area (or anywhere else that wants to come) would be interested in a GTG. We can figure out where for sure after we know if anyone is even interested! There are some great photographers in this area and we usually have a blast when we've had GTGs in the past, so keep that in mind! :P

Is anyone interested (you are not committing for sure at this point, just getting an idea)' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/60000-64999/63244/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_981930.gif', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/60000-64999/63244/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_981930.gif', '/') + 1) . ' It gives peeps a soft date to think about.
11/09/2011 09:38:22 PM · #2
Sign me up!
11/09/2011 09:50:54 PM · #3
Sorry, can't make it!
11/09/2011 09:52:06 PM · #4
j/k - Unless something catastrophic comes up, Marge and I (or just I) will be there.
11/09/2011 09:57:29 PM · #5
I was about to wring your neck, lol! There are many from points south that I am hoping may participate and then there are those east/west and north. If no one else wants to come...it will be the three amigos again, lol!
11/09/2011 10:27:15 PM · #6
Can you go ahead and line up a foggy lake so I can get another high scoring pic?
11/09/2011 10:35:57 PM · #7
Originally posted by kawesttex:

Can you go ahead and line up a foggy lake so I can get another high scoring pic?

Sorry, we only have dry ones these days.
11/09/2011 11:35:40 PM · #8
Looks like I'm too early for this one. In austin tonight!
11/10/2011 12:07:09 AM · #9
Oh, man...wish I had known, would have driven down!!! Dang! How long are you there' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/60000-64999/63244/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_981930.gif', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/60000-64999/63244/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_981930.gif', '/') + 1) . '
11/13/2011 06:53:26 PM · #10
Originally posted by bergiekat:

Oh, man...wish I had known, would have driven down!!! Dang! How long are you there' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/60000-64999/63244/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_981930.gif', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/60000-64999/63244/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_981930.gif', '/') + 1) . '


Oh man I did not see your response. :( I'm back in Ohio now. I was in town for a conference. I should have planned this better but I really did not have a lot of free time. I made it to san antonio though and I definetly need to get back there. Loved it.
11/13/2011 07:18:18 PM · #11
Never been to San Antonio, but will go someday! Should you ever get back here...let me know!
We are hoping to have a Renfest GTG this Spring, so...keep that in mind! :P
11/13/2011 07:34:54 PM · #12
Marge's dad lives in SA and we have pretty much spent the past 3 months down there, but not for fun. We buried her mom about a week ago and have been helping dad get things taken care of. It would be great to have GTG there and have some fun.
11/13/2011 07:42:16 PM · #13
Then you can plan the SA GTG and maybe that will be our Simultaneous GTG! Thoughts....
11/13/2011 08:12:57 PM · #14
If SA is the choice then Marge and I can help with the planning. It would it also be helpful if someone from SA would chip in with scheduling and possible hotel group rates.

Immediate thoughts would be the River Walk and the 7 Missions.
11/13/2011 08:24:18 PM · #15
Originally posted by bergiekat:

Never been to San Antonio, but will go someday! Should you ever get back here...let me know!
We are hoping to have a Renfest GTG this Spring, so...keep that in mind! :P


Some day, some day!
11/13/2011 08:24:39 PM · #16
Originally posted by kawesttex:

Marge's dad lives in SA and we have pretty much spent the past 3 months down there, but not for fun. We buried her mom about a week ago and have been helping dad get things taken care of. It would be great to have GTG there and have some fun.


Sorry to hear about the loss in your family. Hope your wife is doing ok.
11/13/2011 08:45:10 PM · #17
Originally posted by colorcarnival:

Originally posted by kawesttex:

Marge's dad lives in SA and we have pretty much spent the past 3 months down there, but not for fun. We buried her mom about a week ago and have been helping dad get things taken care of. It would be great to have GTG there and have some fun.


Sorry to hear about the loss in your family. Hope your wife is doing ok.


Thanks, most of.the family seems to be coping well.

eta: It was a slow deterioration and somewhat expected.

Message edited by author 2011-11-13 20:47:36.
11/16/2011 09:00:34 PM · #18
We doing DFW, SA, or somewhere else? Hill Country wouldn't be bad!
11/16/2011 09:09:07 PM · #19
Originally posted by kawesttex:

We doing DFW, SA, or somewhere else? Hill Country wouldn't be bad!

Might be good to base it on who is interested and where they are located. Sofar it's just you , Kat and myself. We may have to PM some of the others in the area that don't check the forums much.
11/16/2011 09:51:08 PM · #20
Due to potential weather complications, I vote for keeping thing toward the southern end of the area. We have been known to have some pretty nasty ice storms. Although this year they don't expect us to have anther white Christmas but will have a mild winter. DFW seems to be fairly centrally located if we are picking the OK/TX/LA states.

Anyone have a location suggestion? Wishing to shoot a particular place? January can be lovely or UGLY. Picking a location with indoor options is probably a good idea.

Thanks ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' BergieKatfor starting this up.

I'm with Ken, the Hill Country is beautiful. What about the Panhandle though. Not as flat as some areas.


11/17/2011 12:59:44 PM · #21
I spoke with Jaime and he mentioned Houston might be fun. The GTG we had there last year was a blast! He was thinking of scheduling some models and maybe doing some studio work if anyone is interested. I'd be up for Houston again! And if anyone from far away wants to show up, there is an airport! :P The southern crowd usually represents well!

Thoughts...
11/17/2011 01:38:26 PM · #22
Count me in...
11/17/2011 02:17:28 PM · #23
There we go.....lol! ;)
11/18/2011 08:24:24 PM · #24
Originally posted by bergiekat:

I spoke with Jaime and he mentioned Houston might be fun. The GTG we had there last year was a blast! He was thinking of scheduling some models and maybe doing some studio work if anyone is interested. I'd be up for Houston again! And if anyone from far away wants to show up, there is an airport! :P The southern crowd usually represents well!

Thoughts...


Jaime is gOing? And he is bringing models?

Count me in!
11/18/2011 11:11:46 PM · #25
You are SUCH a goober! :P
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 07/06/2020 09:27:07 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 07/06/2020 09:27:07 AM EDT.