DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> SUSPENDED from posting in Forums?!?!?!?
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 178, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/09/2011 03:24:05 PM · #26
Just an idea: maybe someone wanted to quote him and accidentally pushed the button next to it?
Don't know if behind that button there's still a confirmation action to be done or not - and I don't want to try it.
But then again I would think that they would need more than 1 likewise action to suspend someone...
09/09/2011 03:24:07 PM · #27
Originally posted by kirbic:

Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

...Someone should invite SheWho back.


Around here, waiting for this reference is like waiting for an invocation of Godwin anywhere else.


Ok, who is/was SheWho? Like ancient egypt, I can find nothing of them ...
09/09/2011 03:25:29 PM · #28
Originally posted by Nadine_Vb:

Just an idea: maybe someone wanted to quote him and accidentally pushed the button next to it?
Don't know if behind that button there's still a confirmation action to be done or not - and I don't want to try it.
But then again I would think that they would need more than 1 likewise action to suspend someone...

Let me test that theory...

Nadine? Are you still there?
09/09/2011 03:26:23 PM · #29
nope..
09/09/2011 03:28:30 PM · #30
Originally posted by Nadine_Vb:

nope..

You nailed it then. :P
09/09/2011 03:30:53 PM · #31
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Nadine? Are you still there?

Hold on - The popcorn rule states that once you start eating popcorn in a thread, then your only participation is that of a nosey observer.
09/09/2011 03:31:50 PM · #32
Originally posted by JH:

Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Nadine? Are you still there?

Hold on - The popcorn rule states that once you start eating popcorn in a thread, then your only participation is that of a nosey observer.


lols, report the post ..... burn himmmmmmm .....
09/09/2011 03:34:03 PM · #33
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Originally posted by Nadine_Vb:

nope..

You nailed it then. :P


It was just a thought. I find those buttons placed awfully close to each other and I can imagine the mistake can be made very quickly.
09/09/2011 03:37:40 PM · #34
Originally posted by TheDruid:

Originally posted by JH:

Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Nadine? Are you still there?

Hold on - The popcorn rule states that once you start eating popcorn in a thread, then your only participation is that of a nosey observer.


lols, report the post ..... burn himmmmmmm .....

Doh! *files a preemptive appeal*

Originally posted by Nadine_Vb:

It was just a thought. I find those buttons placed awfully close to each other and I can imagine the mistake can be made very quickly.

I was just razzin you, Nadine. There is a popup window on the report button so you have to write up some long report, identify witnesses, provide proof of damages, etc etc etc.
09/09/2011 03:38:43 PM · #35
I've hit the report button often. There's a confirmation window with two similarly close buttons... So far so good.
09/09/2011 03:39:33 PM · #36
Originally posted by Nadine_Vb:

Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Originally posted by Nadine_Vb:

nope..

You nailed it then. :P


It was just a thought. I find those buttons placed awfully close to each other and I can imagine the mistake can be made very quickly.


I've nearly hit that button by mistake a few times myself... however it should be apparent if you do that the box you get is different from the "Reply" box.
Also, it seems from the information provided by the OP, the behavior involved a number of posts, and potentially more than one complainant. The likelihood of multiple "reported in error" events for one user is vanishingly small. In 4.5 years on SC, I might have seen a handful of reports that were clearly erroneous.
09/09/2011 03:40:30 PM · #37
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Originally posted by TheDruid:

Originally posted by JH:

Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Nadine? Are you still there?

Hold on - The popcorn rule states that once you start eating popcorn in a thread, then your only participation is that of a nosey observer.


lols, report the post ..... burn himmmmmmm .....

Doh! *files a preemptive appeal*

Originally posted by Nadine_Vb:

It was just a thought. I find those buttons placed awfully close to each other and I can imagine the mistake can be made very quickly.

I was just razzin you, Nadine. There is a popup window on the report button so you have to write up some long report, identify witnesses, provide proof of damages, etc etc etc.


Thank God for this (the popup window that is).
No worries Ken - didn't take it the wrong way ;) - no reason for me to hit the report button on you.

Message edited by author 2011-09-09 16:06:36.
09/09/2011 03:53:56 PM · #38
Originally posted by Strikeslip:

I was almost banned for life, but luckily for me, several of the women on Site Council have a crush on me and I was spared.


That explains your limp.
09/09/2011 03:55:50 PM · #39
Originally posted by kirbic:

Originally posted by Nadine_Vb:

Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Originally posted by Nadine_Vb:

nope..

You nailed it then. :P


It was just a thought. I find those buttons placed awfully close to each other and I can imagine the mistake can be made very quickly.


I've nearly hit that button by mistake a few times myself... however it should be apparent if you do that the box you get is different from the "Reply" box.
Also, it seems from the information provided by the OP, the behavior involved a number of posts, and potentially more than one complainant. The likelihood of multiple "reported in error" events for one user is vanishingly small. In 4.5 years on SC, I might have seen a handful of reports that were clearly erroneous.
Now you are giving "those who watch us" a positive spin, but that aside, who watches the watchers ....
09/09/2011 04:09:43 PM · #40
Originally posted by Spork99:

Originally posted by Strikeslip:

I was almost banned for life, but luckily for me, several of the women on Site Council have a crush on me and I was spared.


That explains your limp.


Slippy, one more time -- you were SPEARED. not spared. SPEARED.
09/09/2011 04:13:21 PM · #41
Originally posted by karmat:

Originally posted by Spork99:

Originally posted by Strikeslip:

I was almost banned for life, but luckily for me, several of the women on Site Council have a crush on me and I was spared.

That explains your limp.

Slippy, one more time -- you were SPEARED. not spared. SPEARED.

That'll teach me for wearing the leather chaps instead of the vinyl gitches.
09/09/2011 04:15:49 PM · #42
Originally posted by TheDruid:

Originally posted by kirbic:

Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

...Someone should invite SheWho back.


Around here, waiting for this reference is like waiting for an invocation of Godwin anywhere else.


Ok, who is/was SheWho? Like ancient egypt, I can find nothing of them ...


Her initial incarnation was Rose...she was a pageant freak/mom who believed in Orbs and all kinds of other stupid things. After being banned permanently and leaving in a huff, she came back with a new user ID espy2...got found out and re-banned. This cycle repeated itself several times until she left for good. She had a similar track record with other photo sites too. A real piece of work.
09/09/2011 05:28:23 PM · #43
Originally posted by Strikeslip:

Originally posted by karmat:

Originally posted by Spork99:

Originally posted by Strikeslip:

I was almost banned for life, but luckily for me, several of the women on Site Council have a crush on me and I was spared.

That explains your limp.

Slippy, one more time -- you were SPEARED. not spared. SPEARED.

That'll teach me for wearing the leather chaps instead of the vinyl gitches.

What ever happened to those faces you used instead of emoticons?
09/09/2011 05:59:20 PM · #44
I don't know about all of you, but I already have a plan in mind for "going out" from DPC.

When I finally blow my lid I will start to enact my passive-aggressive and very harmless plan.

mwwuuuhahahahahaha*cough**cough*haha*cooouuugh**hack**wheeze*

Message edited by author 2011-09-09 17:59:41.
09/09/2011 06:02:26 PM · #45
Originally posted by Strikeslip:

I was almost banned for life, but luckily for me, several of the women on Site Council have a crush on me and I was spared.


I'm still sending in weekly complaints though.
09/09/2011 06:07:49 PM · #46
I was speaking to Langdon the other day (after all, I do have his private number...)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_968065.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_968065.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

and he told me that the SC is going to start randomly banning people. Art was supposed to be next, but they were afraid of godzilla. They're thinking maybe of banning yo_spiff, cory, or kirbic next.
09/09/2011 06:08:39 PM · #47
Originally posted by adigitalromance:

I don't know about all of you, but I already have a plan in mind for "going out" from DPC.

When I finally blow my lid I will start to enact my passive-aggressive and very harmless plan.

mwwuuuhahahahahaha*cough**cough*haha*cooouuugh**hack**wheeze*


You're going to give us all tb?
09/09/2011 06:10:44 PM · #48
Originally posted by Spork99:

Originally posted by Strikeslip:

I was almost banned for life, but luckily for me, several of the women on Site Council have a crush on me and I was spared.


That explains your limp.


I thought that was his pimp walk?
09/09/2011 06:12:37 PM · #49
Originally posted by vawendy:

I was speaking to Langdon the other day (after all, I do have his private number...)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_968065.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_968065.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

and he told me that the SC is going to start randomly banning people. Art was supposed to be next, but they were afraid of godzilla. They're thinking maybe of banning yo_spiff, cory, or kirbic next.


I would say that all of those would be excellent choices. Probably want to lengthen the duration by quite a bit though.
09/09/2011 06:13:35 PM · #50
Originally posted by adigitalromance:

I don't know about all of you, but I already have a plan in mind for "going out" from DPC.

When I finally blow my lid I will start to enact my passive-aggressive and very harmless plan.

mwwuuuhahahahahaha*cough**cough*haha*cooouuugh**hack**wheeze*


Heh.. If only you knew the keys I hold. ;) Good thing I really, really like this place. :)
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 07/23/2019 09:34:19 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 07/23/2019 09:34:19 AM EDT.