DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Tips, Tricks, and Q&A >> Can i erase thin wires...
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 9 of 9, (reverse)
AuthorThread
12/27/2010 05:41:37 PM · #1
In advanced editing:
Can I erase thin wires/string (etc) that are holding up or suspending an object in order to make the objects "float" in the air?
12/27/2010 06:52:35 PM · #2
Originally posted by smyk:

In advanced editing:
Can I erase thin wires/string (etc) that are holding up or suspending an object in order to make the objects "float" in the air?


Yes you can (However, a SC's answer would be more valid)
12/27/2010 06:52:58 PM · #3
Yes. There have been multiple instances of this done that I have seen.
12/27/2010 06:54:37 PM · #4
Originally posted by smyk:

In advanced editing:
Can I erase thin wires/string (etc) that are holding up or suspending an object in order to make the objects "float" in the air?


i have in the past, it may only be a problem if you place top 5 when they verify the original file.

Be careful, if they are very pronounced you could get DQ'd.

The rule of thumb i have heard in the past is you may safely clone out anything that isn't visible in the thumbnail.

Message edited by author 2010-12-27 18:55:10.
12/27/2010 08:33:11 PM · #5
I have had good luck with this subject :D
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/400/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_251302.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/400/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_251302.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/258/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_106183.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/258/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_106183.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/562/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_404498.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/562/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_404498.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/538/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_379906.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/538/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_379906.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I will let you know with my latest currently being reviewed by SC ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1314/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_925868.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1314/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_925868.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Cole
12/28/2010 02:12:55 AM · #6
Originally posted by Coley:

I have had good luck with this subject :D
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/400/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_251302.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/400/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_251302.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/258/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_106183.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/258/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_106183.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/562/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_404498.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/562/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_404498.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/538/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_379906.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/538/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_379906.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I will let you know with my latest currently being reviewed by SC ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1314/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_925868.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1314/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_925868.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Cole


Thanks for the reply! Coley, keep me posted!

And SC! Your input would be appreciated :)
12/28/2010 02:48:19 AM · #7
The best thing to do is raise a ticket through the 'contact us' section of the page, and attach a copy of your picture so they can see. But my instinct is that it would be fine.

ETA: is this for one of the challenges due today?

Message edited by author 2010-12-28 02:52:26.
12/28/2010 03:14:24 AM · #8
Originally posted by SoulMan1978:

The best thing to do is raise a ticket through the 'contact us' section of the page, and attach a copy of your picture so they can see. But my instinct is that it would be fine.

ETA: is this for one of the challenges due today?


No, it's not for today. I haven't taken the shot yet. But before I do, I simply wanted/want to know what the SC stance is. The shot I have in mind is very elaborate and if I can erase wires etc, it would make my life easier.
12/28/2010 08:32:40 AM · #9
eh, you don't need the site council for this one. 100% acceptable. Here's a recent ribbon-winner that springs to mind:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1297/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_919839.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1297/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_919839.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/13/2019 03:44:10 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/13/2019 03:44:10 AM EST.