DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Christmas Card Exchange List
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 45, (reverse)
AuthorThread
12/01/2010 08:00:47 AM · #1
I signed up, but didn't manage to get it done last year -- so I figured if I started the thread, then I'd definitely make it happen this year!

Let me know if you would like to be added to a Christmas Card (or your winter holiday of choice) exchange list. It's a wonderful way to get a little bit closer with your DPC friends.

DO NOT post your address here -- send me a PM with your address, and I'll send out a list to participants on December 10th (overseas people need extra time -- so try to get it in early. I don't actually know if this is enough time -- so let me know if you find out something different.)

I don't have last year's list -- so I'm starting from scratch. So even if you were a part of it last year, please sign up again. :D

This sounds like fun!!!

People on the list:
21_F.gif vawendy/21_N.gif jcar
21_F.gif Mambe
21.gif NathanWert
21.gif amsterdamman
21_F.gif Maggye
21.gif Art Roflmao
31_F.gif SaraR
21_F.gif cowtownmom/21.gif yo_spiff
21_N.gif bergiekat
21_F.gif sheryll
21_F.gif sonniejake
21.gif davidw
21_F.gif cynthiann
21_F.gif lelez

People who cannot send this year, but would still like to receive:
811.gif karmat

______________________

**note**
As soon as you sign up, if you can PM me your address right away -- then if people need the list earlier than the 10th, I can send them what I have.

Message edited by author 2010-12-07 20:59:14.
12/01/2010 08:09:18 AM · #2
That would be wonderful !
12/01/2010 08:14:09 AM · #3
As soon as you sign up, if you can PM me your address right away -- then if people need the list earlier than the 10th, I can send them what I have. :D
12/01/2010 01:25:18 PM · #4
bump -- there was about 30 on the list last year -- let's see if we can expand that!

Message edited by author 2010-12-01 13:53:47.
12/01/2010 01:57:55 PM · #5
Bah ! Humbug !
12/01/2010 02:17:14 PM · #6
my kids loved looking at all the different cards and places they came from last year. this year, though, in an effort to reign in our budget, we axed cards. :/ i'm with you in spirit! maybe we could have a another thread to post virtual holiday greetings. :P doesn't replace the old fashioned way though.
12/01/2010 02:26:18 PM · #7
I'll give it a try this year.
12/01/2010 02:30:05 PM · #8
Originally posted by karmat:

my kids loved looking at all the different cards and places they came from last year. this year, though, in an effort to reign in our budget, we axed cards. :/ i'm with you in spirit! maybe we could have a another thread to post virtual holiday greetings. :P doesn't replace the old fashioned way though.


I have a year to make up for -- so I don't need to receive one to send one, and I'm sure that's the case with others!

I think you should send your address, anyway. There may be many people who can't send, but would still like to receive. I'm creating a sub-section for people who can't send this year, for various reasons, but would still like to receive.
12/01/2010 02:37:02 PM · #9
Add me, I have a series of postcards that I made from here, not exactly Christmas cards, but fitting for a photography group.
Love to send one to wide eyed kids, such a nice thing to look forward to, I don't require a return. Happy Holidays everyone!!
12/01/2010 03:40:29 PM · #10
count me in, I'll be sending you my address in a bit ;)
12/01/2010 04:39:36 PM · #11
Art has joined us!

and SaraR!

Message edited by author 2010-12-01 16:48:36.
12/01/2010 07:23:51 PM · #12
bump for the evening crowd

12/01/2010 11:21:20 PM · #13
Love this idea and wondered if I can actually put my work on the list. I work for my local YMCA in the Childwatch Department. So, I take care of kids while their family is using our facility.

I have kids from 3 months to 12 year old that come in to play with us. We do have activity time and lesson plans. Was going to decorate the room with 'Christmas Around the World' stuff and what better way to get them then from you guys. Will understand if this is a bad idea but if not then let me know and I'll give you my work address.

But till then, Steve and I are in for Christmas Cards. I think this is GREAT!!!!!! Also, for here, you get 2 for the price of 1.


12/01/2010 11:31:32 PM · #14
Originally posted by cowtownmom:

Love this idea and wondered if I can actually put my work on the list. I work for my local YMCA in the Childwatch Department. So, I take care of kids while their family is using our facility.

I have kids from 3 months to 12 year old that come in to play with us. We do have activity time and lesson plans. Was going to decorate the room with 'Christmas Around the World' stuff and what better way to get them then from you guys. Will understand if this is a bad idea but if not then let me know and I'll give you my work address.

But till then, Steve and I are in for Christmas Cards. I think this is GREAT!!!!!! Also, for here, you get 2 for the price of 1.


I don't think it matters what address you use. But then do we need to send two if we want Spiffy to see them as well? :D
12/01/2010 11:46:59 PM · #15
Well Maybe you guys could get 2. One from us and One from them.

Will have to go get some cards then. The kids can sign theirs and see where it goes. I usualyl work mornings when the big kids are at school so mostly I deal with preschoolers.

They are sweet and wonderful to be around. WE have a kids from China, Columbia, Vietnam, Australia (2) plus all the American kids. Lots are from Texas but not all. If you don't send a card, tell me about your Christmas Traditions or better send me a picture that I can put up on the wall showing how you and yours celebrate Christmas. PM me for my email if you have a picture your are willing to part with.

Thanks,
12/02/2010 07:07:25 AM · #16
Originally posted by cowtownmom:

Well Maybe you guys could get 2. One from us and One from them.

Will have to go get some cards then. The kids can sign theirs and see where it goes. I usualyl work mornings when the big kids are at school so mostly I deal with preschoolers.

They are sweet and wonderful to be around. WE have a kids from China, Columbia, Vietnam, Australia (2) plus all the American kids. Lots are from Texas but not all. If you don't send a card, tell me about your Christmas Traditions or better send me a picture that I can put up on the wall showing how you and yours celebrate Christmas. PM me for my email if you have a picture your are willing to part with.

Thanks,


Don't forget to PM me with whatever address(es) you choose :)
12/02/2010 03:10:28 PM · #17
Ok people! I need more people to whom to send Christmas cards. I just successfully printed out my first one (after about 15 unsuccessful tries.)

Don't you wonder what bird I'll use? :P
12/02/2010 04:49:17 PM · #18
oops.

Message edited by author 2010-12-02 16:57:42.
12/02/2010 05:09:01 PM · #19
I'll play and Slippy is getting 2! :P

Message edited by author 2010-12-02 17:09:46.
12/02/2010 05:11:55 PM · #20
Originally posted by vawendy:

Don't you wonder what bird I'll use? :P

Not the same one Slippy uses??!
12/02/2010 05:25:45 PM · #21
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Originally posted by vawendy:

Don't you wonder what bird I'll use? :P

Not the same one Slippy uses??!


Oh, the season isn't over and your present still isn't finalized...you run the risk of coal lumps starting this stuff, muahahaha! :P
12/02/2010 06:05:07 PM · #22
Ok, so do we make a christmas card or do we buy one?


12/02/2010 06:25:46 PM · #23
Either! There is no hard and fast rule. Some of the uber talented make beautiful photo cards and others (often my category, lol) use commercial cards. It's not about the card and if you made it as it is sending holiday cheer! :)

Slippy, you can send me money!!!
12/02/2010 07:12:58 PM · #24
I have no idea why people get so upset with slippy giving people the bird.

I see no problem with it.

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_923372.jpg
12/02/2010 07:21:14 PM · #25
Here's an address you can all send an extra card to...

A Recovering American Soldier

Walter Reed Army Medical Center
......

6900 Georgia AveNW
Washington, DC
20307-5001

Pages:  
Current Server Time: 02/21/2019 01:06:00 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 02/21/2019 01:06:00 PM EST.