DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Individual Photograph Discussion >> how can I fix this picture?
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 28, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/15/2010 08:58:27 AM · #1
I didn't want the kids looking into the sun and squinting, so I put them with the sun coming from behind and to my right (their left).

Wide angle lens, because I forgot a regular lens. No lens hood. Bad flare lines going through their shirts.

I'm not sure how to fix this type of problem in photoshop. What do I need to do (other than reshoot the picture) to fix this?

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909711.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909711.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
09/15/2010 09:09:22 AM · #2
Some careful cloning with a soft edged brush can fix the lens flare in the shirts, but I'm not good enough to do that over the boy's face.
09/15/2010 09:12:41 AM · #3
I tried the cloning, because usually there's a spot on the shirt that I can clone from. But for the coach in the middle back row, his collar is really off, and if I clone, I lose the definition of the collar.
09/15/2010 09:44:12 AM · #4
You know! I bet Art could fix this up real good for ya. ;-)
09/15/2010 09:51:14 AM · #5
Personally, I would hide the lens flare with a lightning bolt.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/35000-39999/35357/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909716.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/35000-39999/35357/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909716.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
09/15/2010 10:06:54 AM · #6
Originally posted by Strikeslip:

Personally, I would hide the lens flare with a lightning bolt.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/35000-39999/35357/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909716.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/35000-39999/35357/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909716.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


good idea, but I still see lens flare.
09/15/2010 10:37:29 AM · #7
If you post a full size version it may be easier, I would have a go at it but I am no expert.
09/15/2010 11:01:39 AM · #8
Ok, problem solved, and you didn't even have to wait on Ken to show up.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/80000-84999/83313/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909724.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/80000-84999/83313/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909724.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
09/15/2010 11:03:24 AM · #9
I'd probably go down this route
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/95000-99999/99506/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909725.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/95000-99999/99506/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909725.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
09/15/2010 11:03:53 AM · #10
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

Ok, problem solved, and you didn't even have to wait on Ken to show up.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/80000-84999/83313/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909724.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/80000-84999/83313/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909724.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


bahahahaha
09/15/2010 11:21:05 AM · #11
i would burn it, that seems like it would be the best idea
09/15/2010 11:37:02 AM · #12
Originally posted by JulietNN:

i would burn it, that seems like it would be the best idea


nah lol
09/15/2010 11:45:08 AM · #13
GO-ZILLLA!!
09/15/2010 11:55:49 AM · #14
content aware on cs5 :D
09/15/2010 12:05:27 PM · #15
Originally posted by hojop25:

content aware on cs5 :D


Hey thats a good idea it fixes it in one hit lol.....

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/95000-99999/99506/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909733.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/95000-99999/99506/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909733.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
09/15/2010 12:07:03 PM · #16
Originally posted by Lutchenko:

Originally posted by hojop25:

content aware on cs5 :D


Hey thats a good idea it fixes it in one hit lol.....

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/95000-99999/99506/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909733.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/95000-99999/99506/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909733.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


ummm... hmmm...
09/15/2010 12:11:58 PM · #17
Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by Lutchenko:

Originally posted by hojop25:

content aware on cs5 :D


Hey thats a good idea it fixes it in one hit lol.....

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/95000-99999/99506/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909733.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/95000-99999/99506/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909733.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


ummm... hmmm...


CS5 worth the upgrade money just for that feature alone ...... lol
09/15/2010 12:28:37 PM · #18
Quick and dirty effort. One single adjustment layer.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/60000-64999/63503/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909734.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/60000-64999/63503/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909734.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
09/15/2010 12:53:53 PM · #19
ill see what I can do-- during naptime :) its something ive been working on..... so I might be able to help (still learning though)
09/15/2010 12:57:20 PM · #20
Originally posted by Lutchenko:

Originally posted by JulietNN:

i would burn it, that seems like it would be the best idea


nah lol


snort! you know exactly what I mean!~!!! lol
09/15/2010 01:25:05 PM · #21
Originally posted by vawendy:

I didn't want the kids looking into the sun and squinting, so I put them with the sun coming from behind and to my right (their left).

Wide angle lens, because I forgot a regular lens. No lens hood. Bad flare lines going through their shirts.

I'm not sure how to fix this type of problem in photoshop. What do I need to do (other than reshoot the picture) to fix this?

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909711.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909711.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


Honestly with as many other issues that there are with this photo, I'd reshoot it. I can pick at least 4 kids with either mostly closed or closed eyes all together and unless you have other shots to do headswaps I'd suggest a re-shoot and change what went wrong on this one.

09/15/2010 01:35:25 PM · #22
Originally posted by JulietNN:

Originally posted by Lutchenko:

Originally posted by JulietNN:

i would burn it, that seems like it would be the best idea


nah lol


snort! you know exactly what I mean!~!!! lol


oh I just twigged lol I am laughing now
09/15/2010 01:44:48 PM · #23
Originally posted by MattO:

Originally posted by vawendy:

I didn't want the kids looking into the sun and squinting, so I put them with the sun coming from behind and to my right (their left).

Wide angle lens, because I forgot a regular lens. No lens hood. Bad flare lines going through their shirts.

I'm not sure how to fix this type of problem in photoshop. What do I need to do (other than reshoot the picture) to fix this?

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909711.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909711.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


Honestly with as many other issues that there are with this photo, I'd reshoot it. I can pick at least 4 kids with either mostly closed or closed eyes all together and unless you have other shots to do headswaps I'd suggest a re-shoot and change what went wrong on this one.


I just posted that as an example -- all of them were that way, and I was looking for ideas on how to fix it.

Here's a re-done photo with lutchenko's editing ideas:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909736.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909736.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

(I didn't bother cloning the contraption in the upper left hand corner, because I still am not convinced that the photo is good enough.

Message edited by author 2010-09-15 13:45:42.
09/15/2010 01:48:31 PM · #24
Originally posted by vawendy:



Here's a re-done photo with lutchenko's editing ideas:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909736.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909736.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

(I didn't bother cloning the contraption in the upper left hand corner, because I still am not convinced that the photo is good enough.


Ahh by the title I thought you meant How can I fix THIS picture. I didn't realize it was an example.

09/15/2010 01:53:16 PM · #25
Originally posted by MattO:

Originally posted by vawendy:



Here's a re-done photo with lutchenko's editing ideas:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909736.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/103142/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_909736.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

(I didn't bother cloning the contraption in the upper left hand corner, because I still am not convinced that the photo is good enough.


Ahh by the title I thought you meant How can I fix THIS picture. I didn't realize it was an example.


sorry! I just had no idea how to start on something like this. Cloning wouldn't really work because of the details that would have been lost.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/07/2019 10:33:28 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/07/2019 10:33:28 PM EST.