DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> My photo is UNDEREXPOSED and underSCOREd!
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 87, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/15/2010 12:04:20 AM · #1
So vote!
09/15/2010 12:08:17 AM · #2
Votes: 1
Views: 3
Avg Vote: 6.0000
Comments: 0
09/15/2010 12:24:14 AM · #3
Never had a start like this before:
Votes: 2
Views: 3
Avg Vote: 7.0000
09/15/2010 12:28:31 AM · #4
A decent enough start. Hoping for better, prepared for worse.

Votes: 3
Views: 4
Avg Vote: 5.6667
09/15/2010 12:46:12 AM · #5
Crash & burn already.

: P
09/15/2010 12:54:58 AM · #6
Votes: 5
Views: 13
Avg Vote: 6.4000
Comments: 0
09/15/2010 01:04:03 AM · #7
Not gaining an early high score, but decent enough for this early on.

Votes: 9
Views: 14
Avg Vote: 5.4444
09/15/2010 01:08:37 AM · #8
I wonder why so many people don't notice that this challenge is "Basic Editing". It doesn't take much effort, does it? or am I just too much of a detail-oriented nit-picker to understand why people don't notice?
09/15/2010 01:10:37 AM · #9
The score's headed into brown territory with each new vote now. Maybe I should have entered it in the toilet paper challenge DNMC.
09/15/2010 01:12:53 AM · #10
Originally posted by zencow:

I wonder why so many people don't notice that this challenge is "Basic Editing". It doesn't take much effort, does it? or am I just too much of a detail-oriented nit-picker to understand why people don't notice?


What do you mean? You're assuming some of the images look like they were spot-edited?

Votes: 9
Views: 19
Avg Vote: 6.2222
Comments: 0

Message edited by author 2010-09-15 01:15:59.
09/15/2010 01:20:41 AM · #11
I keep feeling like I am voting harshly, but still end up with an average cast over 6.

You have rated 54 of 109 images (50%) in this challenge.
You have commented on 4 of 109 images (4%) in this challenge.
You have given an average score of 6.1852.
09/15/2010 01:43:34 AM · #12
Originally posted by odriew:

Originally posted by zencow:

I wonder why so many people don't notice that this challenge is "Basic Editing". It doesn't take much effort, does it? or am I just too much of a detail-oriented nit-picker to understand why people don't notice?


What do you mean? You're assuming some of the images look like they were spot-edited?



My goof... I thought borders weren't allowed. I see that I'm wrong about that. I guess I have "Minimal" on the brain. I admit fault at the very thing I was trying to point out. Doh!
09/15/2010 04:37:15 AM · #13
Votes:14
Views: 22
Avg Vote:6.6429
Comments:1
09/15/2010 06:16:52 AM · #14
Hoped for more...

Votes: 14
Views: 33
Avg Vote: 5.5000
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
09/15/2010 06:23:38 AM · #15
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

I keep feeling like I am voting harshly, but still end up with an average cast over 6.


I found a lot of photos nowhere near underexposed and ended up with a 5.7 average vote cast.

09/15/2010 07:15:47 AM · #16
Originally posted by Sevlow:

Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

I keep feeling like I am voting harshly, but still end up with an average cast over 6.


I found a lot of photos nowhere near underexposed and ended up with a 5.7 average vote cast.


I also found a lot that DMNC - my average vote cast was a 5!
09/15/2010 07:27:53 AM · #17
Votes: 19
Views: 39
Avg Vote: 5.7368
Comments: 1

Dropped from a mid 6 to this...

Votes: 23
Views: 44
Avg Vote: 5.6087
Comments: 2

Vicious voters lol.

Message edited by author 2010-09-15 07:54:44.
09/15/2010 07:41:41 AM · #18
Just finished voting and like some of the posts here I too determine that there are a number of DNMC, some that look as if they have simply been darkened and a few who think that converting to B&W will make it under exposed

My average score handed out .... 5.2

As for the score on mine....

Votes: 23
Views: 46
Avg Vote: 4.8696
Comments: 1

I'm a bit confused as I thought it was an ok sort of shot but it looks like I'm the only one who thinks so lol

Message edited by author 2010-09-15 08:00:46.
09/15/2010 08:53:21 AM · #19
Originally posted by Lutchenko:

I'm a bit confused as I thought it was an ok sort of shot but it looks like I'm the only one who thinks so lol

If it's the one I think it is, I'm rather surprised it's doing so poorly. I'll never have the voting here figured out.

Managing to keep my own head above water.

Votes: 22
Views: 40
Avg Vote: 5.4091

09/15/2010 09:21:57 AM · #20
I am just rocking the 5.3's this week =\

and I was -3 exposed =P
09/15/2010 09:25:15 AM · #21
Originally posted by Lutchenko:

Just finished voting and like some of the posts here I too determine that there are a number of DNMC, some that look as if they have simply been darkened and a few who think that converting to B&W will make it under exposed

My average score handed out .... 5.2

As for the score on mine....

Votes: 23
Views: 46
Avg Vote: 4.8696
Comments: 1

I'm a bit confused as I thought it was an ok sort of shot but it looks like I'm the only one who thinks so lol


You're doing great. I'm currently holding the brown in this thread at 4.1 ouch. Ditto the -3 EV for mine.
09/15/2010 09:31:57 AM · #22
Originally posted by MelonMusketeer:


You're doing great. I'm currently holding the brown in this thread at 4.1 ouch. Ditto the -3 EV for mine.


Sorry to burst your bubble! Score has not gone up since the first vote.

Votes: 24
Views: 47
Avg Vote: 4.0417
Comments: 0
09/15/2010 09:53:59 AM · #23
Originally posted by bspurgeon:

Originally posted by MelonMusketeer:


You're doing great. I'm currently holding the brown in this thread at 4.1 ouch. Ditto the -3 EV for mine.


Sorry to burst your bubble! Score has not gone up since the first vote.

Votes: 24
Views: 47
Avg Vote: 4.0417
Comments: 0

The race is on LOL! This was a difficult challenge to try to guess what the voters would call "good stuff".
09/15/2010 10:13:39 AM · #24
Looks like I'm in good company then lol
09/15/2010 10:16:28 AM · #25
4.08 now, so I'm closing in on you B ..
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/12/2019 10:27:58 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/12/2019 10:27:58 PM EST.