DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> For us CREATURES, these SCORES are Hit or MYTH
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 267, (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/21/2010 12:02:42 AM · #1
Apologies to Robert Aspirin...
07/21/2010 12:09:05 AM · #2
well, I am starting off with a bang .. more of a dud really;

Votes: 1
Views: 10
Avg Vote: 5.0000

3 days of work and over 100 photos shot .. 8 used - sigh :(

Votes: 1
Views: 18
Avg Vote: 5.0000

You know, you can vote as well as look (grin) and hopefully 8, 9 or 10's!

Message edited by author 2010-07-21 00:12:27.
07/21/2010 12:12:30 AM · #3
Yay low score! :)

Votes: 1
Views: 12
Avg Vote: 2.0000
07/21/2010 12:12:53 AM · #4
Originally posted by Saker:

well, I am starting off with a bang .. more of a dud really;

Votes: 1
Views: 10
Avg Vote: 5.0000

3 days of work and over 100 photos shot .. 8 used - sigh :(


Oh that sucks!!! Yours will come up for very sure!

I for the first time received a COMMENT before I had a vote!!!
07/21/2010 12:14:23 AM · #5
ok i am seriously unimpressed by all the people who just photographed other artistic objects, like statues. isnt that not allowed?
07/21/2010 12:14:58 AM · #6
I am thinking of a movie .. inglorious BasXXXX ..... up over 20 views and 1 vote ... I would rather a comment :)
07/21/2010 12:15:48 AM · #7
Votes: 1
Views: 15
Avg Vote: 6.0000
Comments: 0

Decent enough. =)

__________________________________

Votes: 4
Views: 23
Avg Vote: 6.5000
Comments: 0

__________________________________

Votes: 10
Views: 39
Avg Vote: 6.3000
Comments: 0

Message edited by author 2010-07-21 00:36:08.
07/21/2010 12:16:52 AM · #8
Votes: 2
Views: 19
Avg Vote: 3.0000

And I swear I didn't photograph a statue :)
07/21/2010 12:18:36 AM · #9
Mine isn't a friggen statue either .. and the views - sheesh.. hope it's because they are so struck by the beauty and perfection of my entry they can't vote yet ... but will come back and give me all 10's (evil grin)

Votes: 2
Views: 34
Avg Vote: 5.5000
07/21/2010 12:18:50 AM · #10
Votes: 2
Views: 23
Avg Vote: 5.5000
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0

I didn't catch how the two votes broke down.

Message edited by author 2010-07-21 00:38:04.
07/21/2010 12:20:08 AM · #11
Oh look, someone actually bothered to LOOK UP my creature...

Votes: 4
Views: 22
Avg Vote: 4.5000
07/21/2010 12:21:58 AM · #12
LOL this makes me laugh

Votes: 6
Views: 25
Avg Vote: 6.1667
Comments: 0
07/21/2010 12:25:42 AM · #13
Votes: 7
Views: 25
Avg Vote: 5.0000
Comments: 1

just please don't let it be a sub5
07/21/2010 12:28:51 AM · #14
Up up up :) This should crash and burn nicely :)

Votes: 8
Views: 31
Avg Vote: 5.1250
07/21/2010 12:31:57 AM · #15
55 views and 9 votes - wassup ppl? LOL
07/21/2010 12:32:51 AM · #16
Aiming for another brown ribbon, just for the attitude.
Votes - 10
Views - 39
Average Vote - 5.2000
07/21/2010 12:41:23 AM · #17
I WAS so stoked at 8 votes mine was at 6.2 a new world record for me... seems to be dropping by the second.. 5.7 now...
07/21/2010 12:44:02 AM · #18
Originally posted by littlemav:

I WAS so stoked at 8 votes mine was at 6.2 a new world record for me... seems to be dropping by the second.. 5.7 now...


Seems the five-voters are out right now...
07/21/2010 12:48:07 AM · #19
OOOoooo bounced back from a 5.1 to
Votes: 13
Views: 51
Avg Vote: 5.7692

Yep Klkitchens lot of Fivers out tonight!
07/21/2010 02:31:10 AM · #20
"Medusa"

Votes: 24
Views: 66
Avg Vote: 6.9583
Comments: 3

Hey guys - bad news - I have just done a self DQ on this image. I sent a request for validation on the image to the SC and only got a reply after rollover.
The spider web that I used in the background of this image I assumed could be classified as a texture and as such could be used even though it was taken out of the time frame....

"use images that do not meet the source or date requirements as textures in your entry if they function specifically as textures and not to circumvent other rules"

however, this doesn't seem to be the case and I have been advised by Shannon ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/17203.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/17203.gif', '/') + 1) . ' scalvert that the spider web would not meet the challenge requirements.

I'd like to apologise to all those who have voted on this image and especially to ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' franktheyank, ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' the99 and ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' LadyK who left 3 wonderful comments.

Good luck to all your entries - Greg
07/21/2010 02:35:53 AM · #21
Originally posted by GregoryB:

"Medusa"

Votes: 24
Views: 66
Avg Vote: 6.9583
Comments: 3

Hey guys - bad news - I have just done a self DQ on this image. I sent a request for validation on the image to the SC and only got a reply after rollover.
The spider web that I used in the background of this image I assumed could be classified as a texture and as such could be used even though it was taken out of the time frame....

"use images that do not meet the source or date requirements as textures in your entry if they function specifically as textures and not to circumvent other rules"

however, this doesn't seem to be the case and I have been advised by Shannon ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/17203.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/17203.gif', '/') + 1) . ' scalvert that the spider web would not meet the challenge requirements.

I'd like to apologise to all those who have voted on this image and especially to ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' franktheyank, ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' the99 and ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' LadyK who left 3 wonderful comments.

Good luck to all your entries - Greg


There is also this rule from the Expert Editing rules.

You may:

*
combine multiple photographs to produce your entry. All additional photographs must be taken by you after the challenge is announced with a digital camera that records EXIF data.

07/21/2010 02:44:07 AM · #22
Originally posted by Judi:

Originally posted by GregoryB:

"Medusa"

Votes: 24
Views: 66
Avg Vote: 6.9583
Comments: 3

Hey guys - bad news - I have just done a self DQ on this image. I sent a request for validation on the image to the SC and only got a reply after rollover.
The spider web that I used in the background of this image I assumed could be classified as a texture and as such could be used even though it was taken out of the time frame....

"use images that do not meet the source or date requirements as textures in your entry if they function specifically as textures and not to circumvent other rules"

however, this doesn't seem to be the case and I have been advised by Shannon ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/17203.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/17203.gif', '/') + 1) . ' scalvert that the spider web would not meet the challenge requirements.

I'd like to apologise to all those who have voted on this image and especially to ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' franktheyank, ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' the99 and ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' LadyK who left 3 wonderful comments.

Good luck to all your entries - Greg


There is also this rule from the Expert Editing rules.

You may:

*
combine multiple photographs to produce your entry. All additional photographs must be taken by you after the challenge is announced with a digital camera that records EXIF data.


Yes I know that Judi, but Shannon ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/17203.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/17203.gif', '/') + 1) . ' scalvert said that the cracked mud on the face would be OK and that was taken out of the time limit also. There's no prob here - I'm just letting everyone know why the image will disappear from the challenge
07/21/2010 02:50:31 AM · #23
Votes: 21
Views: 82
Avg Vote: 5.8571
Comments: 3

Two great comments and a very nice helpful one! :-0
07/21/2010 03:02:15 AM · #24
Originally posted by GregoryB:



Yes I know that Judi, but Shannon ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/17203.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/17203.gif', '/') + 1) . ' scalvert said that the cracked mud on the face would be OK and that was taken out of the time limit also. There's no prob here - I'm just letting everyone know why the image will disappear from the challenge


Regardless, you were doing way better than me with your score. I am sorry you had to pull out.
07/21/2010 03:25:39 AM · #25
Originally posted by Judi:

Originally posted by GregoryB:



Yes I know that Judi, but Shannon ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/17203.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/user_id/17203.gif', '/') + 1) . ' scalvert said that the cracked mud on the face would be OK and that was taken out of the time limit also. There's no prob here - I'm just letting everyone know why the image will disappear from the challenge


Regardless, you were doing way better than me with your score. I am sorry you had to pull out.


Thanks mate - hope you do well
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/10/2019 10:52:07 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/10/2019 10:52:07 PM EST.