DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

Threads will be shown in descending order for the remainder of this session. To permanently display posts in this order, adjust your preferences.
DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Skin AKA Nude V?
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 164, descending (reverse)
AuthorThread
03/04/2009 09:51:39 AM · #1
Originally posted by K10DGuy:

Originally posted by Jason_Cross:

Originally posted by K10DGuy:


The focus/shake blur issues with the hair, and that unfortunate Chromatic Aberration going on along the shirt line, are a couple of stand-outs.


It still would have pulled a 5.5 just like I said. Those are neat image problems from resizing after using it. Those issues are not on the real photo. But thanks.


Well, obviously I couldn't know what caused the issues, I was just being honest. Whatever your original looks like is kind of beside the point, since this is the one you chose to show us :)

I hope I didn't offend, but if I did, it wasn't my intention.


No, I am just stressed. I have 3 programing classes running at the same time while I am trying to work, put out a yearbook and still spend time with my wife and kids. So I am snippy.
03/04/2009 03:35:00 AM · #2
Originally posted by Judi:

Originally posted by K10DGuy:

Originally posted by Judi:

Originally posted by aKiwi:

Well I obviously upset the Prudeites out there.
After 2 votes 3.5.

I think some went through & looked at the thumbnails & anything that looked like it showed too much skin got a low mark.

Just a quick thank you to you narrow minded, deprived, constipated fanatical idiots.

Oooh.... am I allowed to say that..


If you got a low vote for showing too much skin....why did you then give the same types of images a low score...?


re-read the statement ;D


DOH!!! I missed a word....I need to go back to bed.....sorry aKiwi!

Sleep well & explain it to me in the morning.
03/04/2009 02:49:19 AM · #3
Originally posted by K10DGuy:

Originally posted by Judi:

Originally posted by aKiwi:

Well I obviously upset the Prudeites out there.
After 2 votes 3.5.

I think some went through & looked at the thumbnails & anything that looked like it showed too much skin got a low mark.

Just a quick thank you to you narrow minded, deprived, constipated fanatical idiots.

Oooh.... am I allowed to say that..


If you got a low vote for showing too much skin....why did you then give the same types of images a low score...?


re-read the statement ;D


DOH!!! I missed a word....I need to go back to bed.....sorry aKiwi!
03/04/2009 02:47:29 AM · #4
Originally posted by Judi:

Originally posted by aKiwi:

Well I obviously upset the Prudeites out there.
After 2 votes 3.5.

I think some went through & looked at the thumbnails & anything that looked like it showed too much skin got a low mark.

Just a quick thank you to you narrow minded, deprived, constipated fanatical idiots.

Oooh.... am I allowed to say that..


If you got a low vote for showing too much skin....why did you then give the same types of images a low score...?


re-read the statement ;D
03/04/2009 02:41:03 AM · #5
Originally posted by aKiwi:

Well I obviously upset the Prudeites out there.
After 2 votes 3.5.

I think some went through & looked at the thumbnails & anything that looked like it showed too much skin got a low mark.

Just a quick thank you to you narrow minded, deprived, constipated fanatical idiots.

Oooh.... am I allowed to say that..


If you got a low vote for showing too much skin....why did you then give the same types of images a low score...?
03/04/2009 02:14:01 AM · #6
Well I obviously upset the Prudeites out there.
After 2 votes 3.5.

I think some went through & looked at the thumbnails & anything that looked like it showed too much skin got a low mark.

Just a quick thank you to you narrow minded, deprived, constipated fanatical idiots.

Oooh.... am I allowed to say that..
03/04/2009 01:14:11 AM · #7
Originally posted by Jason_Cross:

Originally posted by K10DGuy:


The focus/shake blur issues with the hair, and that unfortunate Chromatic Aberration going on along the shirt line, are a couple of stand-outs.


It still would have pulled a 5.5 just like I said. Those are neat image problems from resizing after using it. Those issues are not on the real photo. But thanks.


Well, obviously I couldn't know what caused the issues, I was just being honest. Whatever your original looks like is kind of beside the point, since this is the one you chose to show us :)

I hope I didn't offend, but if I did, it wasn't my intention.

Message edited by author 2009-03-04 01:14:27.
03/04/2009 12:42:19 AM · #8
Originally posted by K10DGuy:

Originally posted by chromeydome:

Originally posted by Jason_Cross:

Nevermind. I broke a rule and had to unsubmit. I just can't enter any of these challenges. All my stuff has been worked on too much to qualify. Oh well. Here was my entry:
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/59415/120/770024.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/59415/120/770024.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
It just doesn't look right without the burning, so there is no way to enter it.
.

Well I dodged a bullet there--that woulda kicked my entry to the curb!


Actually, to be perfectly honest, this photo has a lot more wrong with it than not looking right without a bit of burning.

The focus/shake blur issues with the hair, and that unfortunate Chromatic Aberration going on along the shirt line, are a couple of stand-outs.


It still would have pulled a 5.5 just like I said. Those are neat image problems from resizing after using it. Those issues are not on the real photo. But thanks.

Message edited by author 2009-03-04 00:48:37.
03/04/2009 12:20:16 AM · #9
Originally posted by chromeydome:

Originally posted by Jason_Cross:

Nevermind. I broke a rule and had to unsubmit. I just can't enter any of these challenges. All my stuff has been worked on too much to qualify. Oh well. Here was my entry:
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/59415/120/770024.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/59415/120/770024.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
It just doesn't look right without the burning, so there is no way to enter it.
.

Well I dodged a bullet there--that woulda kicked my entry to the curb!


Actually, to be perfectly honest, this photo has a lot more wrong with it than not looking right without a bit of burning.

The focus/shake blur issues with the hair, and that unfortunate Chromatic Aberration going on along the shirt line, are a couple of stand-outs.
03/04/2009 12:15:46 AM · #10
Originally posted by Jason_Cross:

Nevermind. I broke a rule and had to unsubmit. I just can't enter any of these challenges. All my stuff has been worked on too much to qualify. Oh well. Here was my entry:
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/59415/120/770024.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/59415/120/770024.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
It just doesn't look right without the burning, so there is no way to enter it.
.

Well I dodged a bullet there--that woulda kicked my entry to the curb!
03/03/2009 11:37:56 PM · #11
Originally posted by marcusvdt:

What about a squirrel covering my ass with a gun on his hands and shooting the the eyes of a hawk?
Would be a nice picture


I think slippy has that one already...
03/03/2009 11:36:30 PM · #12
What about a squirrel covering my ass with a gun on his hands and shooting the the eyes of a hawk?
Would be a nice picture

Message edited by author 2009-03-03 23:37:06.
03/03/2009 11:32:40 PM · #13
Don't wish for more variety. i did that once and the site kindly provided a 4.5...........
03/03/2009 11:30:54 PM · #14
I'm hoping to move up with mine. I've had results from 6 challenges so far, and 4 out of the 6 have been 5.5x -- I guess I'm very consistent! But a little more variety would be nice (especially in the higher direction!)
03/03/2009 11:25:05 PM · #15
Mine will prob bomb miserably but I LOVE IT ANYWAY :D

Yea thats right Im excited :D Finally had a pretty good day today :D
03/03/2009 11:06:47 PM · #16
You're right, lovely picture and lovely skin!
03/03/2009 10:46:21 PM · #17
Well...I am ready to cop my one votes....go for it...show me what you've got!!!!
03/03/2009 10:24:16 PM · #18
Nevermind. I broke a rule and had to unsubmit. I just can't enter any of these challenges. All my stuff has been worked on too much to qualify. Oh well. Here was my entry:
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/59415/120/770024.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/59415/120/770024.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
It just doesn't look right without the burning, so there is no way to enter it.
03/03/2009 10:16:56 PM · #19
I am bringing 5.5 to the house. You had better bring your 6 game with you.
03/03/2009 10:14:40 PM · #20
Originally posted by Jason_Cross:

ok, your on. I will enter. Lets see who scores better.


I'm not wagering on this! My momma didn't raise no fool! But the score thread posting will be more fun. (note to self: go google some good trash talk stuff to use...)

Seriously--GOOD LUCK to you, sir. :-)
03/03/2009 09:59:24 PM · #21
ok, your on. I will enter. Lets see who scores better. Mine will be 5.5. Can you hang with that?

Message edited by author 2009-03-03 22:14:25.
03/03/2009 09:54:15 PM · #22
Originally posted by Jason_Cross:

How do you think a regular old portrait will score in this deal. I have an image that is stellar, but it is a boring old portrait. 5.5? or would it tank because it DNMC? She has great skin...?


great skin in a stellar portrait seems like a good entry to me. I entered something along those lines.

"Many things have skins. Take a photo of some kind of skin"

go for it! I double-dog dare ya!

Wait, you will way way way outscore me. RETRACTION: don't do it, don't do it. Whaddya thinkin, with great skin in a great portrait in a Skin challenge? Save it for the Free Study!

Wait, you'll outscore me in the FS, too. Just keep it to yourself, okay!!

:-))
03/03/2009 09:35:36 PM · #23
How do you think a regular old portrait will score in this deal. I have an image that is stellar, but it is a boring old portrait. 5.5? or would it tank because it DNMC? She has great skin...?
03/01/2009 08:40:25 PM · #24
Originally posted by Judi:

Originally posted by limerick:

Originally posted by Judi:

Well, I will be interested to see how many 1 votes I get on my entry!!!


Judi are you going to show your boobies! hahahaha.

Im in and no nude here. I expect a few ones to for not having a nude! :=)


Can't say....don't want to expose too much..lol!


Hahahahh
03/01/2009 08:39:21 PM · #25
Originally posted by limerick:

Originally posted by Judi:

Well, I will be interested to see how many 1 votes I get on my entry!!!


Judi are you going to show your boobies! hahahaha.

Im in and no nude here. I expect a few ones to for not having a nude! :=)


Can't say....don't want to expose too much..lol!
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 06/13/2021 02:53:46 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 06/13/2021 02:53:46 PM EDT.