DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Photography Discussion >> Photo Stitch Software
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 15 of 15, (reverse)
AuthorThread
04/26/2009 06:19:33 AM · #1
Any recommendations out there for photo stitching software. I use lightroom for PP. I used to use the software that came with the Canon but I can't find my disk and I have a new laptop. All suggestions welcome.

Thanks!
04/26/2009 07:00:45 AM · #2
Hugin is free and works great.

You could of course just download the Canon software from their support website. See this link for details on how to install.
04/26/2009 08:35:02 AM · #3
Autopano Pro works unbelievably well

Message edited by author 2009-04-26 10:09:13.
04/26/2009 10:00:30 AM · #4
I use PhotoStitch. It came with my Canon XSi on the utilities disc. It works fine for me.
04/26/2009 10:36:34 AM · #5
Of the three mentioned, Hugin, no doubt. Hugin is a front end for the outstanding PanoTools stitching tools written by Dr. Helmut Dersch. Another very good program, though not free, is PTGUI. This program will run stand-alone, but will also support stitching using the PanoTools engine, which must be installed separately. The combination of the two is the best stitching solution I have personally worked with, and the only one I'm aware of that has a 64-bit version, if that matters.
04/26/2009 11:12:28 AM · #6
I've been using the file\automate\photomerge function on CS3. I'm strictly a newbie, but if you give it enough overlap, it seems to do very well, and it works with RAW files so you can tweak your panorama in Camera RAW after it's merged. Canon PhotoStitch works well, too, but it doesn't seem to handle RAW files.
04/26/2009 12:30:48 PM · #7
AutoStitch (demo version) is (still) free and works well, but has a very bare-bones interface and no real manual. One good feature is that it works in both the horizontal and vertical dimensions -- see the example image on the home page.
04/26/2009 04:12:21 PM · #8
Thanks everyone I'll check these out.
04/27/2009 02:21:19 PM · #9
Originally posted by kirbic:

Of the three mentioned, Hugin, no doubt. Hugin is a front end for the outstanding PanoTools stitching tools written by Dr. Helmut Dersch. Another very good program, though not free, is PTGUI. This program will run stand-alone, but will also support stitching using the PanoTools engine, which must be installed separately. The combination of the two is the best stitching solution I have personally worked with, and the only one I'm aware of that has a 64-bit version, if that matters.

Autopano Pro has 64 bit versions available, at least for the next version (the one currently in Beta).
04/27/2009 02:24:04 PM · #10
Originally posted by hankk:


Autopano Pro has 64 bit versions available, at least for the next version (the one currently in Beta).


Ahh, that's good to know!
05/08/2011 11:20:01 PM · #11
I use Microsoft ICE which has a 64-bit version and runs well on Windows 7. I remember when I was looking at it and was reading some reviews one guy commented that it was the best code Microsoft has ever written:-).
05/09/2011 12:31:56 AM · #12
Originally posted by Eaglerapids:

I use Microsoft ICE which has a 64-bit version and runs well on Windows 7. I remember when I was looking at it and was reading some reviews one guy commented that it was the best code Microsoft has ever written:-).


I like it, does a pretty good job and its quick.. and free :) Better then some of the other programs I have used.
05/09/2011 03:08:34 AM · #13
Since getting Photoshop CS5 i've been using it for my stiching, i did this one Camping using CS5 it's .5 gigapixels.
i had to use an external drive as the scratch disc as the 100gb i had free on my harddrive wasn't enough.

The final image was 5gb and 70223 × 7083
I used a Panosaurus head to take the 2 rows of 36 images.

Bob
05/09/2011 06:31:20 AM · #14
Originally posted by bob_bobski:


I used a Panosaurus head to take the 2 rows of 36 images.
Bob


Thank you for that link Bob, I've never seen that head before, very interesting.
05/09/2011 08:18:41 AM · #15
Originally posted by Eaglerapids:

Originally posted by bob_bobski:


I used a Panosaurus head to take the 2 rows of 36 images.
Bob


Thank you for that link Bob, I've never seen that head before, very interesting.


Just had a look at the website and it's been recently updated with the version 2 of the head.
Make sure you get the "Panosaurus" and not the "Panosaurus Rex" version.

It takes a little setting up and isn't quite as solid as the Manfrotto version (£449) but at $100 or £100 it is superb.

Bob
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 05/26/2018 06:20:35 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2018 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 05/26/2018 06:20:35 AM EDT.