DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Out and About >> NYC GTG
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 22 of 22, (reverse)
AuthorThread
10/03/2008 10:41:03 AM · #1
Calling all NYC DPCers ... My job will be sending me to NYC for about 10 days in October. I'd LOVE to organize a GTG in the city ... I'm open to any/all shooting locations as I've not spent much time there. I'll be staying in Lower Manhattan but will travel as necessary to the suggested locations. My available dates are 10/20 - 10 23 and 10/27 - 10/30 ... anyone interested?
10/03/2008 11:04:30 AM · #2
I am always interested in NYC GTG's, I will be there love to meet with you and go shooting

I work in lower manhattan and by my job in soho, there are some great buildings and graffiti to shoot

Message edited by author 2008-10-03 11:05:01.
10/03/2008 11:46:59 AM · #3
Unfortunately I won't be around either of those blocks of time, or I'd gladly join you. :-/

Funny how it takes a visitor to get a NYC get-together going! I'm going to have to try and organize (or join) one at another time.

Message edited by author 2008-10-03 11:48:20.
10/03/2008 11:56:36 AM · #4
I'm interested...keep me posted on any plans. Work on 34th Street. Penn Station area. Live on 86th Street.
10/03/2008 11:59:50 AM · #5
Originally posted by citymars:

Unfortunately I won't be around either of those blocks of time, or I'd gladly join you. :-/

Funny how it takes a visitor to get a NYC get-together going! I'm going to have to try and organize (or join) one at another time.


Looks like I will be there for about 8 days in November also ... when my plans are finalized I'll post the dates ... I'm up for several GTG's ...
10/03/2008 12:01:43 PM · #6
Originally posted by digitalpins:

I am always interested in NYC GTG's, I will be there love to meet with you and go shooting

I work in lower manhattan and by my job in soho, there are some great buildings and graffiti to shoot


I'll be staying at the Millennium Hilton and working at 90 Church ... totally looking forward to the awesome architecture and graffiti !!
10/03/2008 12:02:17 PM · #7
Originally posted by EssAreDubya:

I'm interested...keep me posted on any plans. Work on 34th Street. Penn Station area. Live on 86th Street.


I'll definitely keep you in the loop! looking forward to meeting everyone ...
10/03/2008 12:41:20 PM · #8
Your timing is good :)

Oct 23-25th
http://www.photoplusexpo.com

Message edited by author 2008-10-03 12:41:27.
10/03/2008 02:25:28 PM · #9
Originally posted by pamelasue:

Looks like I will be there for about 8 days in November also ... when my plans are finalized I'll post the dates ... I'm up for several GTG's ...

Great! Let us know...
10/03/2008 02:29:09 PM · #10
I will be at the photoplusexpo on the 23th. (At least that is the current plan.) I really wish we had DPC hats, or TShirts or something DPCish to show our colors.
10/03/2008 02:57:37 PM · #11
Originally posted by pamelasue:

Originally posted by digitalpins:

I am always interested in NYC GTG's, I will be there love to meet with you and go shooting

I work in lower manhattan and by my job is in soho, there are some great buildings and graffiti to shoot


I'll be staying at the Millennium Hilton and working at 90 Church ... totally looking forward to the awesome architecture and graffiti !!


Ok I work near the corner of Canal Street and 6th Avenue (aka Avenue of Americas).....possibly we can meet during my lunch hour or after work. Sometimes I come to work very early and shoot right around my job in the mornings before I go upstairs to work.

Its still a little light outside for now after 5:00 so it should be ok for photographing....
10/03/2008 03:17:58 PM · #12
Originally posted by digitalpins:

Originally posted by pamelasue:

Originally posted by digitalpins:

I am always interested in NYC GTG's, I will be there love to meet with you and go shooting

I work in lower manhattan and by my job is in soho, there are some great buildings and graffiti to shoot


I'll be staying at the Millennium Hilton and working at 90 Church ... totally looking forward to the awesome architecture and graffiti !!


Ok I work near the corner of Canal Street and 6th Avenue (aka Avenue of Americas).....possibly we can meet during my lunch hour or after work. Sometimes I come to work very early and shoot right around my job in the mornings before I go upstairs to work.

Its still a little light outside for now after 5:00 so it should be ok for photographing....


sounds great ... hopefully I'll have some flexibility around my schedule ... I know that the mornings won't be an issue because we won't start work before 9am .. lunch shouldn't be a problem either ...
10/13/2008 05:13:18 PM · #13
OK .. time to start thinking about dates ... I'll be in NYC next Monday (10/20) through Thurs (10/23) ... and then back again on Monday (10/27) through Thurs (10/30) ... what date works best for the most of you NYC folks?
10/13/2008 05:15:49 PM · #14
Originally posted by TonyT:

I will be at the photoplusexpo on the 23th. (At least that is the current plan.) I really wish we had DPC hats, or TShirts or something DPCish to show our colors.

I wish I had known about the expo earlier -- I wouldn't have made conflicting plans for that week!

Anyway, hope y'all have fun. :-)
10/13/2008 05:21:50 PM · #15
Originally posted by pamelasue:

OK .. time to start thinking about dates ... I'll be in NYC next Monday (10/20) through Thurs (10/23) ... and then back again on Monday (10/27) through Thurs (10/30) ... what date works best for the most of you NYC folks?


I haven't been to NYC in years...Mon. or Wed. of either week would be great.
10/19/2008 07:55:48 PM · #16
Originally posted by pamelasue:

OK .. time to start thinking about dates ... I'll be in NYC next Monday (10/20) through Thurs (10/23) ... and then back again on Monday (10/27) through Thurs (10/30) ... what date works best for the most of you NYC folks?


Just updating to see if we are still going to meetup and when, best for me works out to be early in the morning before 9 which is actually the best time to shoot in the area. Or during lunch but I am supposed to take a co-worker out for lunch either tomorrow or wednesday not sure yet.

But I am in if we are still meeting up..... I'll let you know about when we can do it for lunch tomorrow

This is one of the newer graffiti images thats right by my job
731446.jpg

There is also another huge rat near by to photograph

Message edited by author 2008-10-19 19:57:19.
10/20/2008 08:04:37 AM · #17
I open for a gtg, but when? where?? let me know.
10/20/2008 09:45:22 AM · #18
These are three new graffiti images by my job that we would see if we are still meeting up, let me know

731446.jpg 732380.jpg 732381.jpg

Originally posted by charmayne:

I open for a gtg, but when? where?? let me know.


Hi its been a while, how are you doing?

I am up for an official NYC GTG whenever,
this time I was suppose to meetup with 21_F.gif pamelasue and show her some graffiti and building to shoot around my job. Her first post she suggested a NYC GTG but not alot of people responded.

I am always up for a NYC GTG....

Message edited by author 2008-10-20 09:46:48.
10/20/2008 10:19:49 AM · #19
Keep me posted. I have a lot going on this week but I'll try to make what ever date's chosen.
10/20/2008 10:20:22 AM · #20
I'm going to the photo expo, haven't decided which day(s), anyone else going? Anyway, I'll watch this thread for any GTG news
10/20/2008 02:44:00 PM · #21
Originally posted by charmayne:

I'm going to the photo expo, haven't decided which day(s), anyone else going? Anyway, I'll watch this thread for any GTG news

yes
http://www.dpchallenge.com/forum.php?action=read&FORUM_THREAD_ID=830519
10/20/2008 05:08:09 PM · #22
Originally posted by charmayne:

I'm going to the photo expo, haven't decided which day(s), anyone else going?


I might wanna go. Friday or a weekend date will work for me. Anyone interested PM me.

Message edited by author 2008-10-20 20:25:38.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 04/23/2018 04:53:29 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2018 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 04/23/2018 04:53:29 PM EDT.