DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Hardware and Software >> New HDR Software - Photomatix Killer - Open Beta!!
Pages:  
Showing posts 101 - 125 of 232, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/17/2008 09:41:00 AM · #101
Weird. I registerd & logged into the forum the other day and left a couple of notes under the username bab. (After, computer issues had me delete all cookies & temp internet files - I don't know that that matters) Now, it doesn't recognize either my username or email. I double-checked with the Google email & logged into that system perfectly, and double checked my user name under the hdr group, but can't get in again.

Anyone else having this problem?
01/17/2008 10:31:37 AM · #102
Hi, I PMed you but didn't receive the link, do you think you can send it to me?

Thanks!

01/17/2008 10:43:02 AM · #103
Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

Originally posted by Monique64:

Originally posted by yanko:

I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I had problems upgrading my .Net Framework but have now fixed it. I'll see if I can play with it this weekend and offer my feedback.


I just came up with a .NET framework initialization error. How do I download the 'appropriate version'?


I have had this error before and it can be a pain in the arse. It's not Wukong that is causing the error it's .NET Framework. What you need to try and do it reinstall .NET 1.1 manually.

In the add/remove programs remove all microsoft .NET applications.

Then download .NET 1.1 from microsoft link
Once you have downloaded .NET 1.1 you need to download the .NET 1.1 hotfix. You can find it here.

Once the hotfix for 1.1 has installed when you try to download and install a program .net 2.0 should automatically pop up asking you if you want to install it. When it does make sure that you close out all other programs. If it doesn’t pop up don't worry about it. Windows update should catch it and install it. If you have windows updates "off" turn it "on" until you get the new updates.

There is also a new version of Microsoft .NET 3.0 but I have not installed it yet and I don't know anything about it yet. Currently everything that I know of is still installable with .net 2.0 so you don't have to install 3.0 if you don't want too.


Thank you! I'm also stuck here....
01/17/2008 10:58:08 AM · #104
Originally posted by yakatme:

Originally posted by Simms:

OK, replied to all PMs now.. In the PM you will find a link to a google group, there isnt a lot in there at the moment as the bulk of communication between testers and developers has been via email.. any questions you need answered either PM me or post something in here, I will try to help..


Nope, you missed one (unless you didn't receive mine). I sent a PM and would definitely like to put this program through it's paces if you can let me play. Thanks.


i sent a pm, too, but no reply.
01/17/2008 11:01:23 AM · #105
Originally posted by Bebe:

Weird. I registerd & logged into the forum the other day and left a couple of notes under the username bab. (After, computer issues had me delete all cookies & temp internet files - I don't know that that matters) Now, it doesn't recognize either my username or email. I double-checked with the Google email & logged into that system perfectly, and double checked my user name under the hdr group, but can't get in again.

Anyone else having this problem?


Have you tried creating a longer username? 3 characters might be too short. Just a guess.
01/17/2008 11:06:24 AM · #106
In case you are not aware of, the wukong test version download link is available to all registered users of the official support forum

01/17/2008 11:07:47 AM · #107
Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

There is also a new version of Microsoft .NET 3.0 but I have not installed it yet and I don't know anything about it yet. Currently everything that I know of is still installable with .net 2.0 so you don't have to install 3.0 if you don't want too.

All the major releases of the .NET Framework support side-by-side installation. In other words, multiple versions can be installed on the same box.
01/17/2008 11:11:54 AM · #108
Exactly. 3.0 is essentially 2.0 plus a few new libraries. The virtual machine and the compilers are exactly the same.

Originally posted by AperturePriority:

Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

There is also a new version of Microsoft .NET 3.0 but I have not installed it yet and I don't know anything about it yet. Currently everything that I know of is still installable with .net 2.0 so you don't have to install 3.0 if you don't want too.

All the major releases of the .NET Framework support side-by-side installation. In other words, multiple versions can be installed on the same box.
01/17/2008 11:14:04 AM · #109
Originally posted by cpanaioti:

Originally posted by Bebe:

Weird. I registerd & logged into the forum the other day and left a couple of notes under the username bab. (After, computer issues had me delete all cookies & temp internet files - I don't know that that matters) Now, it doesn't recognize either my username or email. I double-checked with the Google email & logged into that system perfectly, and double checked my user name under the hdr group, but can't get in again.

Anyone else having this problem?


Have you tried creating a longer username? 3 characters might be too short. Just a guess.

For the life of me, I can't imagine why they would choose Google for their forum when there are much better free forum sites out there. Yahoo! Groups is one that comes to mind.

01/17/2008 11:17:09 AM · #110
We were just being lazy. Mark has pushed us forward. Now I am migrating all discussions from google group to the new forum. Register now to in case someone else stole your id!

Originally posted by AperturePriority:

For the life of me, I can't imagine why they would choose Google for their forum when there are much better free forum sites out there. Yahoo! Groups is one that comes to mind.
01/17/2008 11:23:09 AM · #111
Originally posted by BoYuan:

Exactly. 3.0 is essentially 2.0 plus a few new libraries. The virtual machine and the compilers are exactly the same.

Behind the scenes, it is not that trivial. 3.0 contains the whole new Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) features, as well as the new presentation layer. Although these are major changes to the framework, 3.x's architecture allows it to be backward compatible! :-)

01/17/2008 11:30:47 AM · #112
Yes, I agree. From a user/developer's perspective, they made 2.0 to 3.0 migration so easy. The 3.5 framework is a 200MB download. It will be hard to justify installing that just to run a small tool like wukong.

Originally posted by AperturePriority:

Originally posted by BoYuan:

Exactly. 3.0 is essentially 2.0 plus a few new libraries. The virtual machine and the compilers are exactly the same.

Behind the scenes, it is not that trivial. 3.0 contains the whole new Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) features, as well as the new presentation layer. Although these are major changes to the framework, 3.x's architecture allows it to be backward compatible! :-)
01/17/2008 12:23:13 PM · #113
Originally posted by BoYuan:

Exactly. 3.0 is essentially 2.0 plus a few new libraries. The virtual machine and the compilers are exactly the same.

Originally posted by AperturePriority:

Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

There is also a new version of Microsoft .NET 3.0 but I have not installed it yet and I don't know anything about it yet. Currently everything that I know of is still installable with .net 2.0 so you don't have to install 3.0 if you don't want too.

All the major releases of the .NET Framework support side-by-side installation. In other words, multiple versions can be installed on the same box.


yes, thank you all. I do know that 3.0 is pretty much the same as 2.0 but with some new libraries. I was just saying that I am currently using and have only used the 2.0 version. Meaning I haven't had any experience with the 3.0 yet. Once I build my new machine I will install 3.0 and look for conflicts.
01/17/2008 12:39:45 PM · #114
Here is one question. We were told by many that photographers are Mac-only people. Is that really true? Or because nowadays you can easily dual-boot from x86 Mac, it sure looks like most people can run windows xp.
01/17/2008 12:59:31 PM · #115
I run windows xp.... when I get a new computer I will run xp.... not fond of vista
01/17/2008 01:00:33 PM · #116
Originally posted by BoYuan:

Here is one question. We were told by many that photographers are Mac-only people. Is that really true? Or because nowadays you can easily dual-boot from x86 Mac, it sure looks like most people can run windows xp.

Not true really. I'd say more PC than Mac, although the PC/Mac wars come up quite frequently. ;)

When I have some spare cash I'm investing in a Macbook Pro to replace my slowly dieing Dell laptop. <shrug>
01/17/2008 02:28:10 PM · #117
Originally posted by _eug:

.....When I have some spare cash I'm investing in a Macbook Pro to replace my slowly dieing Dell laptop. <shrug>

Back up your shizzle. My Dell laptop died recently, and I was very lucky to have been prepared for once. There wasn't much warning.
01/17/2008 02:36:53 PM · #118
Originally posted by Strikeslip:

Originally posted by _eug:

.....When I have some spare cash I'm investing in a Macbook Pro to replace my slowly dieing Dell laptop. <shrug>

Back up your shizzle. My Dell laptop died recently, and I was very lucky to have been prepared for once. There wasn't much warning.

All my 'shizzle' is on a file server running RAID5 and gets copied to the laptop when I'm working on it and copied back after I'm done with a project.

Thanks for worrying about my shizzle, Slippy. ;)
01/17/2008 02:52:09 PM · #119
Originally posted by _eug:

Originally posted by Strikeslip:

Originally posted by _eug:

.....When I have some spare cash I'm investing in a Macbook Pro to replace my slowly dieing Dell laptop. <shrug>

Back up your shizzle. My Dell laptop died recently, and I was very lucky to have been prepared for once. There wasn't much warning.

All my 'shizzle' is on a file server running RAID5 and gets copied to the laptop when I'm working on it and copied back after I'm done with a project.

Thanks for worrying about my shizzle, Slippy. ;)

Good shiz! :-D
01/17/2008 02:54:59 PM · #120
Originally posted by BoYuan:

Here is one question. We were told by many that photographers are Mac-only people. Is that really true? Or because nowadays you can easily dual-boot from x86 Mac, it sure looks like most people can run windows xp.

Your market potential would be targeting the majority, which is Windows users. Many mac users do dual-boot, so you'd be covered there. Plus, it's definitely easier to program in a Windows environment, than in a non-Windows environment.

01/17/2008 03:56:04 PM · #121
Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

Originally posted by Monique64:

Originally posted by yanko:

I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I had problems upgrading my .Net Framework but have now fixed it. I'll see if I can play with it this weekend and offer my feedback.


I just came up with a .NET framework initialization error. How do I download the 'appropriate version'?


I have had this error before and it can be a pain in the arse. It's not Wukong that is causing the error it's .NET Framework. What you need to try and do it reinstall .NET 1.1 manually.

In the add/remove programs remove all microsoft .NET applications.

Then download .NET 1.1 from microsoft link
Once you have downloaded .NET 1.1 you need to download the .NET 1.1 hotfix. You can find it here.

Once the hotfix for 1.1 has installed when you try to download and install a program .net 2.0 should automatically pop up asking you if you want to install it. When it does make sure that you close out all other programs. If it doesn’t pop up don't worry about it. Windows update should catch it and install it. If you have windows updates "off" turn it "on" until you get the new updates.

There is also a new version of Microsoft .NET 3.0 but I have not installed it yet and I don't know anything about it yet. Currently everything that I know of is still installable with .net 2.0 so you don't have to install 3.0 if you don't want too.


Just got up and saw your reply. Thanks, I will try it later when I have time.
01/17/2008 04:27:19 PM · #122
On a side note: I registered in their forums and for some reason that I still can't understand I used my main e-mail address. I did this @11 am today. Since then I have received 7 spam emails all with titles that rhyme with Wukong Beta. What's up with that?
01/17/2008 04:44:14 PM · #123
CEJ,

The wukong support forum does not send any spam emails to anyone. If you receive any spam emails from unknown source regarding wukong testing, you should let me know, or post it to the forum.

Are you sure those are from us?

Bo
01/17/2008 04:48:00 PM · #124
I gave it a quick try and found it awesome ... like HDR for Dummies ... fast and good. I will continue to experiment and get back to this thread but MAN ... from what I have seen so far ... it RAWKS!
01/17/2008 04:49:55 PM · #125
No - I didn't say they were from you. I said the titles all RHYMED with Wukong Beta. I deleted them all already, but if I recall correctly, one was titled Goodong Theta and another Mydong Layla. The implication would be that the registration page is scanned for emails when you register or however they do it to get your emails from websites.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 04/22/2018 10:02:12 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2018 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 04/22/2018 10:02:12 PM EDT.