DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> 451 Green Pictures! That's a lot of voting.
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 33, (reverse)
AuthorThread
06/08/2006 05:38:59 PM · #1
Arghhh. I guess I'm not the only one who had difficulty coming up with an "unexpected discovery."

I always vote on 100% of submissions, but this could take a while.

Maybe I need a green beer!
06/08/2006 05:39:48 PM · #2
and 91% are of foliage.
06/08/2006 07:42:05 PM · #3
I am so proud of myself, as I set a task for myself, and nearly there.

Yes, I decided to vote on every entry in this "green" challenge, and silly me also said, that I would "comment" on all of rhem as well.....

I must be nuts.....

I am now over 80%, re comments and votes, so nearly reached my target of doing a 100% vote and comment.....

I will let you know when I have completed my task.....
06/08/2006 07:48:01 PM · #4
451 Green Pictures! That's a lot of voting

Not strictly true as they are not all green ;)

@Sherryl, I commend you on undertaking such a task! I got your comment thanks, and whilst I don't agree with it I guess the majority of voters do ;)
06/08/2006 07:49:39 PM · #5
I took me most of yesterday (inbetween work) to do my first pass for voting. I now have to prepare myself to re-jig any that don't fit now, American Horse is right there is a lot of plant based shots, I had de ja vu more then once while voting... :)
06/08/2006 07:53:32 PM · #6
Originally posted by American_Horse:

and 91% are of foliage.

That's what you get for having a "green" challenge at the height of spring. :)
06/08/2006 08:21:18 PM · #7
I am not in Green but I think you are all making Kermit very proud.

320380.jpg
06/08/2006 08:23:54 PM · #8
Originally posted by American_Horse:

and 91% are of foliage.


Did you actually figure that or is it a guess?
06/08/2006 08:39:32 PM · #9
Ok I am 75% done with voting. I keep going back and cheking my score and it keeps falling and falling and falling. I am almost too depressed to continue voting.....LOL
dc
06/08/2006 09:28:49 PM · #10
Yes.....I have done it..... 100% vote, & comments on every entry.....

Originally posted by sherpet:

I am so proud of myself, as I set a task for myself, and nearly there.

Yes, I decided to vote on every entry in this "green" challenge, and silly me also said, that I would "comment" on all of rhem as well.....

I must be nuts.....

I am now over 80%, re comments and votes, so nearly reached my target of doing a 100% vote and comment.....

I will let you know when I have completed my task.....
06/08/2006 09:46:11 PM · #11
Congrats Sherpet...that deserves a ribbon in itself.
06/08/2006 09:50:36 PM · #12
great job shez!
06/08/2006 09:51:40 PM · #13
that is just an amazing feat! i've been gone for a while and I have to say that the entries are just phenomenal in all the challenges! great job guys!
06/08/2006 10:07:28 PM · #14
WTG sherpet!!! I got my voting done .. will try to get some comments out there .. can someone please come do my job for a day or two so I can comment? ;)
06/08/2006 11:32:01 PM · #15
Maybe it is just me but it seems that a good many of the "Unexpected Find" entries don't fit the topic.
06/09/2006 12:07:14 AM · #16
i voted them all. I don't know how you commented on all of them, it was boring enough just voting. I had 2 10s, one of them has a little bit of green and the other is pretty much not green at all. This was a pretty poor challenge. It's going to be difficult when the scores come out and I have to look at 300 blah pictures with a higher score than mine!

:P
06/09/2006 02:23:11 AM · #17
Originally posted by American_Horse:

and 91% are of foliage.


So what! Each photo should be judged by it's own merit.

Originally posted by posthumus:

This was a pretty poor challenge. It's going to be difficult when the scores come out and I have to look at 300 blah pictures with a higher score than mine!


If so, then a lot of voters probably thought they were indeed better than yours. Voting is a choice you know and if you felt this challenge is so poorly as you stated, then you could've choosen not to vote at all in stead of voting the majority low(er) because you're bored, as I assume you did, when you call the majority blah pictures.

And we're not supposed to discuss the quality of entries while voting isn't over yet.

Message edited by author 2006-06-09 02:24:04.
06/09/2006 02:29:07 AM · #18
Finally finished voting.. I never want to see anything green again
06/09/2006 07:06:56 AM · #19
I just started voting and plan to vote and comment on each this time too and that means I have to vote/comment about a hundred each remaining day. My bad, should've started earlier.

add: and don't be scared, I don't vote one's or two's or three's.

Message edited by author 2006-06-09 07:09:40.
06/09/2006 09:43:58 AM · #20
Originally posted by Titia:

If so, then a lot of voters probably thought they were indeed better than yours.


well, yeah... that's my point.

Originally posted by Titia:

you could've choosen not to vote at all in stead of voting the majority low(er) because you're bored, as I assume you did, when you call the majority blah pictures.


No, I voted low because I didn't like the pictures. And "low" for me is still above average for this site.

Originally posted by Titia:

And we're not supposed to discuss the quality of entries while voting isn't over yet.


I'm not discussing specific entries.

Message edited by author 2006-06-09 09:44:19.
06/09/2006 09:46:26 AM · #21
Originally posted by Titia:

Originally posted by American_Horse:

and 91% are of foliage.


So what! Each photo should be judged by it's own merit.



That is true, and my non scientific, non inventoried, non surveyed 91% comment does not reflect, or say that merit should not be judged.

It is disappointing to see so many people taking the easy way out, and not using more imagination to come up with an out of the box image.

Before you can learn, sometimes you have to take a chance and not follow the crowd.

For me, I am not voting on the challenge, nor have I entered.

Message edited by author 2006-06-09 09:47:40.
06/09/2006 11:52:41 AM · #22
Originally posted by American_Horse:

It is disappointing to see so many people taking the easy way out, and not using more imagination to come up with an out of the box image.

On the other hand, leaves and foliage are very pretty, regularly patterned, and an excellent subject to use for the much-coveted rule of thirds. There's a reason that there are so many leaves/foliage/flower pictures in the world.
06/09/2006 11:55:06 AM · #23
Originally posted by Louis:

There's a reason that there are so many leaves/foliage/flower pictures in the world.


Yeah....stock photography.
06/09/2006 12:03:46 PM · #24
Originally posted by American_Horse:

Originally posted by Louis:

There's a reason that there are so many leaves/foliage/flower pictures in the world.

Yeah....stock photography.

As opposed to what...everything else?
06/09/2006 12:22:53 PM · #25
I didn't find it boring at all. Yes, lots of foliage but some good ones, no doubt. And some very interesting and well executed none foliage shots.. I love how people can interpret one word (Green) and you get so many different perspectives.. That goes for the foliage also. Not a single one is done in the same way.. Maybe I'm just easily entertained..

Message edited by author 2006-06-09 12:24:33.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 11/23/2017 04:40:43 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2017 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/23/2017 04:40:43 AM EST.