DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Looking for an UPSIDE as my score is headed DOWN
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 25, (reverse)
AuthorThread
11/05/2014 12:29:47 AM · #1
Getting what I deserve on my last minute entry.

Votes: 2
Views: 11
Avg Vote: 5.5000
11/05/2014 12:35:06 AM · #2
I know that most of you calculate and figure out each vote…I just marvel at the zigzagging. Waiting for an upside-down

2 vote: 6
3 votes: 5
11/05/2014 12:35:37 AM · #3
Originally posted by markwiley:

Getting what I deserve on my last minute entry.

Votes: 2
Views: 11
Avg Vote: 5.5000

Lower and lower and...
Votes: 3
Views: 12
Avg Vote: 4.3333

That 2 vote is gonna leave a mark.
11/05/2014 12:42:03 AM · #4
vote 1
views 6
vote 4

Oh dear yet again my sense of humour has let me down!!!! and with a real cool image again
11/05/2014 12:48:50 AM · #5
My first vote was a 7, but that has quickly changed.
11/05/2014 04:54:33 AM · #6
Not a bad start but hoping for it to break 6 by the end.

Votes: 5
Views: 25
Avg Vote: 5.8000
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
11/05/2014 07:01:56 AM · #7
up and down and up and down, that's how you get upside down! :)

5 votes 6.0
6 votes 6.33
7 votes 6.14
9 votes 5.7

Message edited by author 2014-11-05 07:44:51.
11/05/2014 07:19:47 AM · #8
Votes: 6
Views: 35
Avg Vote: 5.5000
Comments: 0

I had high hopes for this one.
11/05/2014 07:24:42 AM · #9
I'll take it.

Votes: 5
Views: 23
Avg Vote: 5.8000
11/05/2014 08:00:02 AM · #10
Votes: 8
Views: 28
Avg Vote: 4.8750
Comments: 0
11/05/2014 09:14:02 AM · #11
So, for an upside down challenge, low score wins, yes?

Votes: 8
Views: 32
Avg Vote: 4.3750
Comments: 0

I win!! I win!!!
11/05/2014 03:21:18 PM · #12
Originally posted by Melethia:

So, for an upside down challenge, low score wins, yes?


That's a really good idea. I wonder if the score calculator could work backwards and we could have a challenge where the lowest score wins.
11/05/2014 03:40:29 PM · #13
I'm coming down to meet you. Down to 5.3 from my 6.3 earlier. (though I knew that the 6.3 was definitely not real!)
11/05/2014 04:00:52 PM · #14
Votes: 21
Views: 68
Avg Vote: 5.6667
Comments: 0

Is it just me or is there a lot of photos that DNMC? I'm wondering if mine is getting hit with that since I think it's a strong photo. Maybe the voters are looking for something else; when I did a quick review I kept thinking that some of the photos were a stretch for meeting the challenge.
11/05/2014 04:10:43 PM · #15
Originally posted by Ken:

Is it just me or is there a lot of photos that DNMC? I'm wondering if mine is getting hit with that since I think it's a strong photo. Maybe the voters are looking for something else; when I did a quick review I kept thinking that some of the photos were a stretch for meeting the challenge.

I don't think DNMC is appropriate for mine. It is more DNECCTMC (Did Not Even Come Close To Meeting Challenge).
11/05/2014 05:18:10 PM · #16
Originally posted by Ken:

Votes: 21
Views: 68
Avg Vote: 5.6667
Comments: 0

Is it just me or is there a lot of photos that DNMC? I'm wondering if mine is getting hit with that since I think it's a strong photo. Maybe the voters are looking for something else; when I did a quick review I kept thinking that some of the photos were a stretch for meeting the challenge.


The challenge description is:
Details: It's a camera angle. It's a subject position. It's whatever your creativity limits you to.

Admittedly, I've only looked at the thumbnails, but I couldn't see anything that doesn't meet that broad description. Mine, however is just not a great photo.

Votes: 20
Views: 59
Avg Vote: 5.2000
Comments: 0
11/05/2014 09:31:18 PM · #17
Votes: 27
Views: 58
Avg Vote: 4.4444

Now to keep this score and get 4 comments!
11/05/2014 09:32:41 PM · #18
Originally posted by MadMan2k:

Votes: 27
Views: 58
Avg Vote: 4.4444

Now to keep this score and get 4 comments!


Wouldn't that be cool?!

But 6.6666 and 6 comments would be way cooler :)

Message edited by author 2014-11-05 21:34:03.
11/05/2014 09:42:33 PM · #19
You have rated 59 of 59 images (100%) in this challenge.
You have given an average score of 6.1356.
11/05/2014 11:48:18 PM · #20
Originally posted by Abra:

Originally posted by Ken:

Votes: 21
Views: 68
Avg Vote: 5.6667
Comments: 0

Is it just me or is there a lot of photos that DNMC? I'm wondering if mine is getting hit with that since I think it's a strong photo. Maybe the voters are looking for something else; when I did a quick review I kept thinking that some of the photos were a stretch for meeting the challenge.


The challenge description is:
Details: It's a camera angle. It's a subject position. It's whatever your creativity limits you to.

Comments: 0


But the challenge topic is still Upside Down:) the description is describing the topic.
11/06/2014 12:46:09 AM · #21
Yes, I did not meet challenge. Sorry!
11/06/2014 04:20:45 AM · #22
4.7 getting to my lowest ever in 100 challenges
11/06/2014 12:42:04 PM · #23
Mine will be in my lowest ten in ten years' worth of entries. I think that's pretty impressive!!
11/10/2014 11:25:31 PM · #24
Votes: 72
Views: 131
Avg Vote: 4.7500
Comments: 1

Up a little bit, but still might have a shot at the brown. Any stronger contenders?
11/10/2014 11:53:28 PM · #25
Originally posted by MadMan2k:

Votes: 72
Views: 131
Avg Vote: 4.7500
Comments: 1

Up a little bit, but still might have a shot at the brown. Any stronger contenders?


Nope, sorry, the brown isn't yours. I missed one recently by only three places - let's see if I can get closer this time! (And no, I am NOT intentionally trying for low scores!)

Votes: 69
Views: 139
Avg Vote: 4.5942
Comments: 0

Message edited by author 2014-11-10 23:53:40.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 11/19/2017 06:00:58 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2017 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/19/2017 06:00:58 AM EST.