DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Web Site Suggestions >> Challenge archives not accurate
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 17 of 17, (reverse)
AuthorThread
11/15/2011 09:35:16 AM · #1
Today I wanted to look at a summary of the city nightscape challenge from a few months back ( http://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=1442 ), so I went to look at all the challenges ( http://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_history.php?order_by=0d&open=1&member=1&speed=1&invitational=1&show_all=1 ) but I coudln't find it.

I just want to check whether this happens to everyone or just me.
If more than I see this I'll send in an administrative ticket.

Message edited by author 2011-11-15 09:57:32.
11/15/2011 09:47:10 AM · #2
You are correct, both City Nightscapes and Rural Nightscapes are missing.
11/15/2011 09:53:53 AM · #3
I see them. Maybe they've been restored.
11/15/2011 09:57:22 AM · #4
Originally posted by hahn23:

I see them. Maybe they've been restored.

I still can't see 'em.
In here I mean:
http://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_history.php?order_by=0d&open=1&member=1&speed=1&invitational=1&show_all=1
11/15/2011 09:59:59 AM · #5
Missing link
11/15/2011 10:06:19 AM · #6
I don't see them either when I "show all" challenges. That's interesting. I suspect that somehow a flag did not get set for those challenges, and the system doesn't see them as belonging to any category, so they don't show up. I'll send L an administrative ticket on it.
11/15/2011 10:06:20 AM · #7
Originally posted by FocusPoint:

Missing link

Yeah. But it's not in the archive is what I'm saying...
11/15/2011 10:06:50 AM · #8
Originally posted by NiallOTuama:

Originally posted by FocusPoint:

Missing link

Yeah. But it's not in the archive is what I'm saying...


I get it, I just wanted to link what was missing ;)
11/15/2011 10:07:52 AM · #9
Originally posted by FocusPoint:

Originally posted by NiallOTuama:

Originally posted by FocusPoint:

Missing link

Yeah. But it's not in the archive is what I'm saying...


I get it, I just wanted to link what was missing ;)

Jerk :-)
11/15/2011 10:09:17 AM · #10
Originally posted by kirbic:

I don't see them either when I "show all" challenges. That's interesting. I suspect that somehow a flag did not get set for those challenges, and the system doesn't see them as belonging to any category, so they don't show up. I'll send L an administrative ticket on it.

If you haven't, don't--I did it once I got someone else experiencing the same.
11/15/2011 10:11:59 AM · #11
Thx. I've left a note for Langdon.
11/15/2011 10:13:21 AM · #12
I will suggest those two "missing" challenges were unique in that they were exclusive member challenges. That means members had to choose one or the other. We don't have those very often. And, the wording in the challenge description including exclusive and member may have sorted them out of the archive search.
11/15/2011 10:16:22 AM · #13
Originally posted by hahn23:

I will suggest those two "missing" challenges were unique in that they were exclusive member challenges. That means members had to choose one or the other. We don't have those very often. And, the wording in the challenge description including exclusive and member may have sorted them out of the archive search.

Very well reasoned, I'd say. I'll do some voodoo and might come up with some more.
11/15/2011 10:16:55 AM · #14
Originally posted by Neil:

Thx. I've left a note for Langdon.


Where?
postit.jpg
11/15/2011 10:27:49 AM · #15
http://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=1442
http://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=1443
http://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=1446
http://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=1447
http://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=945
http://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=649

All missing from archives, but all real challenges too. I think that's them all.

City/night, male/female portrait, masters FS II, Time II.

Message edited by author 2011-11-15 10:28:52.
11/15/2011 10:35:54 AM · #16
Originally posted by NiallOTuama:

...All missing from archives, but all real challenges too. I think that's them all.

City/night, male/female portrait, masters FS II, Time II.


Hmmm... Conspiracy Theory? If I re-arrange those challenges,

"Portrait (of) master male (or female) night time!"

Since Langdon is missing for a long time, I wonder if this is a message from him crying for help?
11/15/2011 10:49:53 PM · #17
According to Langdon its fixed
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 11/19/2017 05:46:54 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2017 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/19/2017 05:46:54 AM EST.